Text Size

The Rumble Room

Jones v. Evans

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Jones v. Evans

Unread postby Govbarney » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:05 pm

There is a ton of hype surrounding this match, yet everything I read (to include what the Vegas Odds Makers are saying) tells me that Evans will be destroyed.

I will be in San Fran for the Tribe/Oak series, and a Springsteen show next week, should I cave to the hype and find a Sports Bar showing this fight, or is it not worth my time?
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Re: Jones v. Evans

Unread postby swerb » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:18 pm

It's going to be insanely difficult for anyone to beat Jon Jones. Same as it is with Silva and St Pierre. All three are just so athletic and technically sound. They don't make mistakes. Long legs and arms. Rashad's not gonna be able to use the same plan of attack he used against Phil Davis, playing it safe, staying outside and swooping in.

That all said, I can't wait for this one. The history between the guys ... Rashad is a formidable foe.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby fightdr » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:55 am

Jones is a monster will no real weakness. Except that he's a fucking prick.
Evans is always underestimated and will be ready.
I'm a huge Evans fan and think he has a legit chance. It's been awhile but they did trained together so I think that's big.
If Rashad weathers the early storm or can get a takedown in the 1st and keep Jones down for a little, look for this to be a war.
With the odds, i'm taking Evans for a few dollars.
fightdr

Favorite Player: Deion
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby Govbarney » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:42 am

Yeah I will have to make it a point to catch this fight, the history alone between these two is a great backdrop... besides its better then any main event boxing is offering up this month, even if its a mismatch.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby gotribe31 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:56 am

I'm actually going to be in Vegas this weekend. Very, very fired up for this fight.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Return to The Rumble Room