Text Size

The Rumble Room

Boxing update

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Boxing update

Unread postby Guest » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:47 am

Margarito KOs Gomez in One, calls out Mayweather.

Ivan "Iron Boy" Calderon successfully defended his WBO 106-lb. title with a one-sided unanimous decision over Isaac Bustos. Calderon had few problems with the challenger and was too quick and spry to really be threatened.

On the undercard, Brian Viloria took a spirited 12 round unanimous decision over Jose Antonio Aguirre, defending his WBC 108-lb. belt.

In other news:
Tarver and Hopkins are going to agree to fight on June 10th
Tarver will put this bum out of his misery. Go away B-Hop.

I can't wait for next Saturday's matchup. Vargas and Sugar Shane.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Preview from the KO King to come.

Unread postby The Ko King » Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:07 pm

Margarito smoked that dude bad, they exchanged some heavy shots early in the round, when he dropped him, Steele really didn't need to count, the dude spit out his mouthpiece, he was done. The Viloria fight was enjoyable, and possibly sets up a fight with Jorge Arce later this year, I would love that, Viloria hits like a fucking mule, and Arce keeps coming forward no matter what.

I could care less about seeing Hopkins fight again, especially 15 pounds north of his best weight. He's using this fight to cash out of the game, Tarver can apply some heat to him and get a knockout. Vargas/Mosely this weekend, and then the action heats up, with the heavies coming up in the next month. Valuev/Beck has been postponed due to an injury to Valuev's knee, but there is still Toney/Rahman, and Klitchko/Byrd.
The Ko King
Boxing Guru

Return to The Rumble Room