Text Size

The Rumble Room

Golata - Bowe 2

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Golata - Bowe 2

Unread postby dmiles » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:09 am

So I am watching this fight once again yesterday, and more than 10 years later, I can't describe it. Was Golata just the dirtiest, nastiest, fighter in recent memory?

I swear with Boxing's seediness, deep down I want to believe he was told not win the fight, but he wanted to do it on his own terms. He still wanted to show he could beat this guy until his brain to fried before losing.

On the other hand this beating Bowe took was incredible, and one could argue, that Golata just simply couldn't make him hit the canvas for 10 seconds. The thing I get suspicious about is how the ref let it go on. Rarely have I seen someone so wobbled and spaced out be allowed to continue for as many rounds as Bowe was. Anyway, I probably shouldn't lean to conspiracy, and just accept that Golata was just a nasty human being who was more interested in hurting Bowe than he was winning the fight.
dmiles

Unread postby swerb » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:39 am

DMiles, I watched this yesterday as well. Golota was evil. That was a helluva fight.

God damn do I miss good heavyweight boxing.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:00 pm

I watched it also

Unread postby jfiling » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:00 am

I haven't seen it since I saw it on HBO's series of classic fights, but wasn't this the fight that earned Golota the nickname "The Foul Pole?"
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Return to The Rumble Room