Text Size

The Rumble Room

UFC 107 12/12/2009

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

UFC 107 12/12/2009

Unread postby Guest » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:59 am

We just saw a possible fight of the year in boxing last Saturday. Bradley/Peterson has that potential in someone's eyes this weekend.
If you want a canidate in the mma world, you have it on Saturday.
I expect BJ Penn vs Diego Sanchez to be unreal. 2 awesome aggresive dominating fighters going toe to toe for the 155 pound title. Both guys lack any serious flaws and look to hurt their opponents. It has the makings of a classic.

I love this card:

Champ B.J. Penn vs. Diego Sanchez (for lightweight title)
Cheick Kongo vs. Frank Mir
Jon Fitch vs. Mike Pierce
Kenny Florian vs. Clay Guida
Paul Buentello vs. Stefan Struve
Alan Belcher vs. Wilson Gouveia
Shane Nelson vs. Matt Wiman
Ricardo Funch vs. Johny Hendricks
Lucio Linhares vs. Rousimar Palhares
Edgar Garcia vs. DaMarques Johnson
Kevin Burns vs. T.J. Grant

Re: UFC 107 12/12/2009

Unread postby XUDawg » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:15 pm

I haven't been able to surf the web recreationally in a while. But the Penn-Sanchez fight went quite like I thought it would. Penn has evolved his game. He has always had superior talent to anyone he's fought (except MAYBE GSP), but he hasn't always had the training necessary to bring relentless pressure throughout a long battle. In his past two fights, that's what he's done. He completely demoralized both Florian and Sanchez. Sanchez has never been beaten at his own game the way he was against Penn. Sanchez was exhausted and beat up. Penn was jumping around ready for more. He is unbeatable at 155 if he maintains this level of professionalism; at least until Aldo considers moving up to challenge him. And he's only a possibility because he's a wildcard. When you consider how Penn has competed against guys like GSP (1st fight), Matt Hughes, Lyoto Machida, and other guys bigger than him, and his domination against guys his size like Gomi, Pulver, and the best lightweights the UFC had to offer, he has to be considered one of the two or three greatest fighters ever.

Can't wait for Diaz-Zaromskis on Strikeforce in January. Not a battle of top five-level guys, but if Diaz stays at welterweight, he could be. And so could Zaromskis, after winning the Dream championship this summer. I love Nick Diaz and am glad he's finally getting back into the ring, hexagon, or whatever kind of cage they mess with over there.
XUDawg

Favorite Player: Nick Diaz
Least Favorite Player: Ben Roethlisberger

Return to The Rumble Room