Text Size

The Rumble Room

Rafael on Jones/Hopkins

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Rafael on Jones/Hopkins

Unread postby jclvd_23 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:35 am

I've always been a RJJ mark, and I've respected B-Hop for years....even if he is a prick (right Swerb?). Found this Dan Rafael piece pretty amusing, especially the last half of it as Roy called in to speak to B-Hop when he was being interviewed on the radio.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/ind ... rafael_dan
jclvd_23

Favorite Player: Jack Tatum
Least Favorite Player: Pittsburgh/UM/UF Fan

Re: Rafael on Jones/Hopkins

Unread postby swerb » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:48 am

Roy Jones needs to stop fighting. He's on his way to embarrassing himself in an Evander Holyfield like fashion.

All anyone needs to watch to see how a Hopkins/RJJ fight would turn out is the fights both men had with Joe Calzaghe.

The irony of the situation here is hysterical though. A man (RJJ) who spent his entire career dodging dangerous fights, now washed up and into his 40's, accusing a man in Hopkins ... who has taken every tough fight ... of dodging him.

Don't go away mad Roy. Just go away.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby fundamentals » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:48 am

Swerb wrote:Roy Jones needs to stop fighting. He's on his way to embarrassing himself in an Evander Holyfield like fashion.

All anyone needs to watch to see how a Hopkins/RJJ fight would turn out is the fights both men had with Joe Calzaghe.

The irony of the situation here is hysterical though. A man (RJJ) who spent his entire career dodging dangerous fights, now washed up and into his 40's, accusing a man in Hopkins ... who has taken every tough fight ... of dodging him.

+1 :thumb up: :clap: :yessss:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby Rusty » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:13 am

Swerb wrote:Roy Jones needs to stop fighting. He's on his way to embarrassing himself in an Evander Holyfield like fashion.

Right on, Swerb. It was all over even before the Calzaghe beat down.

Watching that douche showboat on RJJ was pretty much the end as far as I'm concerned. How embarrassing.

Hopkins would have no problem destroying him now, time to hang it up.
Rusty

Favorite Player: Tim Lincecum
Least Favorite Player: Mark Buehrle

Return to The Rumble Room