Text Size

The Rumble Room

MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMP KELLY PAVLIK IN ALCOHOL REHAB

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Re: MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMP KELLY PAVLIK IN ALCOHOL REHAB

Unread postby bustedknuckles » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:32 am

I'm not going to go in depth on this topic right now, but IF this is true I'm glad that he is getting the help that he needs. There is no shame in doing so regardless of how it is perceived by the public.

His exploits with alcohol have been well documented by the media and are fairly well known around town. I suppose it's amazing that he has been so successful when it seems as though he's fighting two opponents each time he enters the ring.
bustedknuckles

Unread postby Guest » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:17 am

I hope he gets the help he needs too rather than piss away all the talent that he does have.
It's not a secret that he has stiffed me on many interviews so I have been soured on him for awhile now.
This isn't something I wanted to see happen though.
I think the fame has gone to his head a little bit, the exact opposite that the local media says.
He has turned down pretty big fights thinking he should make more.
Pulled out of the Mora fight with very little explanation and no mention of any fight soon.

I hope this helps his career.

Unread postby bustedknuckles » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:02 pm

I don't recall ever reading or hearing anything very critical about Pavlik in any of the local media outlets. Evidently he is accessible to the local media and helps them sell a lot of papers/advertising so it's no surprise to me that they want to help cultivate a certain image for him...not saying they're right either.

Clearly, he's not perfect or a saint, and in his business it would probably be a career detriment to even try to be either...but still should be stand up about interviews and appearances.

I too hope this helps his career (again if true), but moreover I hope this helps him dealing with life’s' struggles long after he hangs the gloves up. We don't need another cautionary tale a la Mike Tyson.
bustedknuckles

Unread postby bustedknuckles » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:02 pm

bustedknuckles

Return to The Rumble Room