Text Size

The Rumble Room

Cotto/Clottey tonight

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Cotto/Clottey tonight

Unread postby swerb » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:48 pm

10:30, HBO. Pac Man will be ringside, sizing up Cotto as his potential next opponent.

Should be a great fight tonight. Clottey is tough as nails. Fared better than Cotto did against Judah and Margarito, their two common opponents. Expecting a close and exciting fight that goes all 12.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Cotto/Clottey tonight

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:28 am

Good fight. That one judge who had it 116-111 was insane. I felt Cotto did win the fight, but not by 5 rounds. He just kept attacking and I kept earning respect for him the entire bout after that accidental headbutt.

I'd love to see Pacquiao give him a shot.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby noles1 » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:14 pm

Man, I love Manny but I just do not like him against Cotto. He showed me a lot and with what happened with Margarito I actually tend to think he is overlooked now and that shouldn't remotely be the case.

Very good fight tonight, both fighters showed a lot. Thought it was much closer than that one judge had it too.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby swerb » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:16 pm

Great fight. Two tough as nail welterweights. Clottey's third loss, but you can make the argument he's won em all. Hes gonna start to fall into that class of fighters that no one wants to beef ... cause they aren't massive money draws, and they are tough as balls to fight and beat.

I had Cotto winning by one point. Six rounds apiece. 1st rd KO 10-8 round the difference.

Had to feel for Clottey after the decision was announced.

Two very good fighters that I love watching.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:33 am

Awesome fight.
I had it 6 rounds each, the 1st round knockdown being the difference and giving Cotto the win.
Clottey earned himself a nice payday and said he wants Paul Williams.
Be careful what you wish for.

Return to The Rumble Room