Text Size

The Rumble Room

UFC 99

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

UFC 99

Unread postby XUDawg » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:32 am

Another great card on Saturday, featuring one of my three favorite fighters, Wanderlei Silva, going up against Rich Franklin. That matchup is going to be a great one, as it is strength against strength. Although both are good strikers, their styles are very different, and whoever can fight his own game will finish this fight quickly. There is almost no chance this goes to a decision. Hopefully it's Wand with his arm raised at the end.

Also, Cro Cop is facing the Human Punching Pag, Mustapha Al-Turk. Hopefully, Cro Cop returns to Pride form.

Can Valazquez v. Cheick Kongo will be a good one. Although Kongo has received praise recently for his newfound "ground and pound", the only time we've seen this is against the aforementioned Al-Turk and against Hardonk, who is your protypical Danish kickboxer. Cain's wrestling will dominate as long as he doesn't have the ego to think he can stand and strike with Kongo.

Dan Hardy and Marcus Davis will finally get to battle, after months of Hardy calling out Davis for being a fake Irishman. I'm glad he said what I was thinking everytime I saw that guy come out in his kilt. Embarassing. Either Hardy wins quickly or Davis wins a long battle.

AKA contender Mike Swick will take care of Ben Saunders, whose ATT training will not be able to cut it against a guy who faces some of the top fighters in the world everyday in the gym.

Uno submits Fisher, who I always thought was slightly overrated.
XUDawg

Favorite Player: Nick Diaz
Least Favorite Player: Ben Roethlisberger

Re: UFC 99

Unread postby Guest » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:41 pm

Solid card, hopefully I get a chance to watch it (softball fund rasier tourney)
I like Franklin to win but expect a battle.
Kongo is a nice step up for Cain, I want to see Kongo get beat down. Winner should be close to a title shot.
Cro Cop? Not too much of a big deal for me, I hope he can get back to form but this fight won't tell us much.
I like Dan Hardy, a lot. I love his look and style. He's just a bad ass. This might be fight of the night.
Swick vs Saunders might be a show stealer also.
Why the hate for ATT?

Return to The Rumble Room