Text Size

The Rumble Room

Strikeforce 4/11

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Strikeforce 4/11

Unread postby Guest » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:14 am

Diaz beat the hell out of Frank Shamrock who looked very disinterested. Diaz showed some class after the beatdown which is always nice to see.
Cyborg set up a possible showdown with Gina carano in her win. She was 7 pounds over which is unacceptable. Her fight was a complete mismatch.
Scott Smith stole the show in his fight with Benji Radach. Easily the fight of the night.

Re: Strikeforce 4/11

Unread postby XUDawg » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:41 am

I think a lot of the disrespect Diaz shows to his opponents is his way to mentally prepare for fights. Some guys view it as a sport, and never lose sight of that. He honestly thinks he needs to hate his opponent in order for him to be able to beat him up effectively. It's a "combat sport", and how each fighter weighs that dichotomy is up to them. Diaz sees it much more as combat; other guys like Forrest Griffin view it as sport. But I don't think anybody on the outside can fault either approach. It was a hell of a performance. Reminiscent of his win against Robbie Lawler way back when.

Carano and Santos both have problems making weight. This could be an issue for trying to market women as top of the card fighters as things progress.
XUDawg

Favorite Player: Nick Diaz
Least Favorite Player: Ben Roethlisberger

Re: Strikeforce 4/11

Unread postby Guest » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:48 am

Carano vs Cyborg has to go down.
Outside of that I really have no desire to see a female fight.
Good ladies fight are so rare.

As far as Diaz goes, I love him. I want him back in the UFC where the best fighters are. He'll fight anybody and puts on a show.

Return to The Rumble Room