Text Size

The Rumble Room

Castillo/Corrales 3 and Byrd/Klitchko 2 set

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

Castillo/Corrales 3 and Byrd/Klitchko 2 set

Unread postby The Ko King » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:14 pm

Castillo/Corrales 3 looks like a go for June 3rd. Castillo, who didn't look sharp at all Saturday, is also taking another fight in between, sometime in March. He's staying active, and I get the feeling he wants to take Corrales out early in June, and I believe he will. He then wants to move to 140 and fight Cotto in the fall, there could be the fight of the year.

Then we have Byrd/Klitchko 2. People call Byrd a poor man's Jimmy Young, I think he's more a skid row bum's Jimmy Young, who has been lucky on two accounts, the heavyweight division sucks, and King was his promoter. Klitchko destroyed him about five and a half years ago, dropping him a couple times enroute a UD, in a fight I was able to hear on internet radio. Byrd couldn't lick the big Klit then, and he won't this time, he'll be knocked out, and we'll all have the pleasure of seeing it live on HBO in April.
The Ko King
Boxing Guru

Unread postby Guest » Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:53 pm

I like Diego in the rubber match in another slugfest. Why the hell would Castillo take another tuneup and possibly ruin the trilogy? I doubt that happens but crazier things do happen.

As far as Byrd/Klitchko 2 goes, I just want somebody to get rid of Chris Byrd. I cant stand watching him. I cant stand listening to him. He is boring and very very overrated. He should have lost the fight against the superstar Fres Oquendo, but they ended up making out after the fight in the ring with Don King. It was horrid. I am hoping for a 2nd round KO/TKO

Also, I look for Pretty Boy Floyd to destroy Zab.

Unread postby The Ko King » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:26 pm

Corrales/Castillo can go a couple of ways. Corrales can use the rest, but Castillo should be sharp, barring injury in this tuneup. Corrales has gotten out of shape between fights before, this could be a factor as well. It seems crazy to take a fight in between, could be all talk, but he says he is doing it in late March.

Byrd was right there with Ruiz, in assholes I love to see get beaten, and frozen out of ever getting another shot. In the first fight, the announcing was in German, but you could hear Byrd's wife screaming over the announcers, yelling for him to do this and that, in the meantime, he's in the ring getting his ever loving ass kicked. I hope to see a repeat, then Klitchko fight Brewster, or Valuev, who is fighting Owen Beck, one of King's fighters who has no more business fighting for the title then any of us do. It's a sham, but King isn't stupid, he will milk Valuev for all he can, before he matches him with anybody with a pulse.

Despite it not being for the undisputed title at 147, Judah/Mayweather is a fight I look forward to. Just to see Zab do the funky chicken walk again, when Floyd knocks him the fuck out. Toney/Rahman is coming up too, two of the biggest shit talkers in the game, the prefight press conferences could be better than the fight it's self, Toney should easily outbox Rock, and may stop him late, if he doesn't do the stupid thing, which would be to take Rock lightly, and show up badly out of shape.
The Ko King
Boxing Guru

Unread postby swerb » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:39 pm

Byrds only chance is to avoid Wlad, get him deep in the fight, and hurt Wlad once he inevitably fatigues.

That said, Byrd is no spring chicken anymore. And hes never had a knockout punch.

Wlad on the other hand still hits like a ton of bricks, even if he is a clumsy giant that gets very technically sloppy at times. With Manny Steward in his corner, he has been a much smarter fighter, and watching him take apart Samuel Peter was proof of that. Thats a fight Wlad woulda coulda lost back in the day despite being more talented.

I agree with the crowd though. I hate Byrd and would love to see him get his ass beat. Fror whatever reason, I've always pulled for Wlad. Maybe because he shows glimpses of being the type of heavy that could unify the division were it not for the political bull shit.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby The Ko King » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:26 pm

I always thought more of Wlad than Vitali, once you quit in a fight, odds are you will quit again, I call it the "Golota Syndrome". Wlad has always had stamina problems, his first loss to Ross Purrity was like this, he was winning the fight, then hit the wall. Same in the fight with Brewster. I think he hit the wall again in the Peter fight, but pushed on, and surprise, won the fight. You have to credit Steward with that, he turned a guy alot of people wrote off into a credible fighter again, and after this fight, a champion. This fight is being televised live here in the States, at 5pm, and then replayed later that night. Kind of unusual, but a good excuse to start drinking earlier in the day.
The Ko King
Boxing Guru

Unread postby swerb » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:47 am

Castillo doesn't make weight AGAIN? You've got to be effing kidding me!
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:16 am

The fight is cancelled
What an f-ing joke

Unread postby swerb » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:21 am

I heard on the radio yesterday that Arum personally loses like 1.5 mill if Castillo didn't make weight.

Bernstein was on Rome and said hed be in the Sauna with him this week. Guess he wasn't ...

Its shit like this that keeps biting boxing in the ass.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:34 am

They had some guy follow him around for 30 days and monitor his weight yet he still was over by 5 pounds?????????????????
Horrible

Return to The Rumble Room