Text Size

The Rumble Room

UFC 66 results

Talk boxing, wrestling, UFC, and other mixed martial arts fighting here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, fightdr

UFC 66 results

Unread postby Guest » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:13 am

What a dominating performance by GSP
He beats Hughes's ass and I loved it.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/tem ... 4&zoneid=2

Details

Unread postby jdrake10 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:00 pm

I was so focused on the buckeyes this weekend I had no idea they were even fighting. It sounds like "Jean CLaude Van Dam" handled Hughes? I am surprised. Can you provide a summary for me?

I can't beleive the 2 winners of the Ultimate Fighter are going to go against the the true UFC champions, Silva and St. Pierre. I expect these fights to be disasters for UFC as neither Ultimate Fighter can hang with a true champion. I think this sounded good on paper, and now that it is set it looks like a bad idea that UFC can't get out of.
jdrake10

Unread postby Guest » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:40 pm

It was mostly a stand-up fight with GSP dominating with leg kicks and punches
He was kicking the inner leg and came close to his package once or twice and Hughes was frustrated by it and took time to recover even though it was clear as day he didn't come close to a low blow.
He also blocked about 2 takedowns by Hughes
GSP landed a great Superman punch with about a minute and a great right hand with 10 seconds in the 1st. If there was 10 more seconds in the first it would have been over.
Round started and George went for the kill. He landed a brutal kick to the head and knocked Hughes on his ass, GSP jumped on him landed 3 or 4 huge elbows with no defense and it was over.

After the fight, Hughes said he saw the replay and realized it was a kicked that got him, he thought it was a punch. I think he was really goofy from the 1st round shot.

Total domination by St Pierre.

They will be doing it again soon.

Return to The Rumble Room