Text Size

The 19th Hole

Near Ace today

Discuss the PGA Tour, local golf courses, playing tips, and have any other general golf discussions on this board.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, yogi

Near Ace today

Unread postby furls » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:02 pm

Nearly aced number 16 at Mentel Memorial in Columbus.

Hit an 8 iron into the 160 yard par 3 and left a ball mark 18 inches infront of the cup. The ball ended 18 inches directly behind the cup. It was so "behind the cup" that you could not really see the ball behind the pin from 160. I thought it was in the cup.

I walked up to the ball and literally kicked it into the hole for birdie. This ranks as my 2nd best golf shot.

I double eagled a par 5 in San Angelo texas from 230 yards with a 2 iron. That was my best shot.
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby swerb » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:37 pm

I have to get a hole in one before I die. I've come very close (as close as that Furls) four times.

There are only three things I have to have before I croak. A son, which I took care of. A hole in one. And a Cleveland championship.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby furls » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:57 pm

Do you think a double eagle is better than an Ace?

My dad seems to think that my double eagle is a greater feat, I personally, still want to put a one on a score card.
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Double Eagle vs. Ace

Unread postby S4Aero » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:40 pm

Your Dad is right. A double eagle is far more rare than a hole-in-one. An ace is a great accomplishment and nothing to be dismissed, but it is usually "only" and eagle.

I have one ace, and one double eagle in my golf history. The double eagle was last year on Number 1 at Bunker Hill. The ace was 6 or 7 years ago on Number 8 at Bunker Hill.

I have a friend wou has two Double Eagle Aces - 1 on a Par 4. Far and away THE rarest form of either, ace or double eagle.

Now, if only double bogeys were as rare...
S4Aero

Return to The 19th Hole