Text Size

The 19th Hole

Daly's 4th Wife Sent To Jail

Discuss the PGA Tour, local golf courses, playing tips, and have any other general golf discussions on this board.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, yogi

Daly's 4th Wife Sent To Jail

Unread postby swerb » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:46 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?s ... &type=lgns

Hope this doesn't lead to a "relapse" for the likable Daly. After an off year last year, would love to see Long John rekindle the magic he had going in the 1st half of 2004. Daly on final day leader boards is good for golf, and good television.

Speaking of good television, anyone see Daly's reality show on The Golf Channel? It's called "Daly's Planet", and is pretty entertaining.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Daly

Unread postby Guest » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:40 pm

I hope he does as well. Not sure if he'll make the cut at Torrey Pines...but it's so hard following the leaderboard and making any sense of it since the South course plays something like 7 strokes higher than the North course.

I do remember working at the Chrysler Classic of Greensboro last year, where Daly missed the cut, and I heard from many good sources that the biggest reason is that on Thursday night, he was at the big local country western bar until almost 3 am tossing back booze.

A genuinely good guy who you have to root for as he spends his life battling demons that would totally break most people.

Unread postby Guest » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:47 pm

Did anyone hear the conversation with Elkinton on Rome's show.
He talked about partying with Daly and I couldn't stop laughing.
Elk said he needed a B-12 shot to get out of bed the next day and Daly was just fine and eating a bag of chips at the 1st hole and asked Elk "That wasnt a bad night last night huh?"
Good stuff

Return to The 19th Hole