Text Size

The 19th Hole

Anyone going to Oakmont for The Open?

Discuss the PGA Tour, local golf courses, playing tips, and have any other general golf discussions on this board.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, yogi

Anyone going to Oakmont for The Open?

Unread postby swerb » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:38 pm

The day it starts (week from Thurs) is the day I move. Which means I had to pass on tickets. Which sucks, because the Open is my favorite tournament, and it won't be just 3-4 hours away for a long time.

Good news is ... cable guys come to set my TV up that day, so I'll have all 4 days off and have it on from 8-6 every day. Unlike the Masters, NBC and the USGA beat you over the head with the TV coverage for the Open. :thumleft:
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:16 pm

This is just going to suck so damn bad, missing almost all of the final two rounds.

However, I may be able to catch the last hour or so of the drama, as I will have a layover in Detroit (gag...vomit) from 6 PM until almost sporking 9 PM waiting for my plane to Minneapolils.

By god, my ass will not MOVE during the British Open, which always tends to be my personal favorite.

By the way...in this year's open, I'm really looking forward to watching the play at #8...a farkin' 288 yard PAR THREE!?!?!?!

And I was whining about Boulder Creek's #4 playing at about 192 yards when we were there?

Return to The 19th Hole