Text Size

The 19th Hole

Memorial

Discuss the PGA Tour, local golf courses, playing tips, and have any other general golf discussions on this board.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, yogi

Memorial

Unread postby Govbarney » Thu May 31, 2012 7:50 pm

I attended the Memorial today, had the pleasure of seeing Lefty and his caddy loose there shit due to all the people taking there pictures with camera phones, which they allowed on the course for the first time this year. At one point his caddy screamed at a couple of drunk dudes. Mickelson seemed to be the only guy phased by the camera's, and it shows b/c he dropped out today.

I understand that golf has its etiquette, and I respect that, but I will never understand how a baseball player can hit a 92 MPH fastball 440 ft. with 50,000 screaming fans, but a pro golfer needs total silence to hit a stationary ball off a stick.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Re: Memorial

Unread postby idoctribefan » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:12 pm

Govbarney wrote:I attended the Memorial today, had the pleasure of seeing Lefty and his caddy loose there shit due to all the people taking there pictures with camera phones, which they allowed on the course for the first time this year. At one point his caddy screamed at a couple of drunk dudes. Mickelson seemed to be the only guy phased by the camera's, and it shows b/c he dropped out today.

They started allowing you to bring in cellphones last year. But if they see you using it to snap photos, the policy is that they'll confiscate the phone/camera. I only saw one person take a photo last year and nobody said anything to him.

From the Memorial Tournament website:

MOBILE DEVICE POLICY
Cell phones and mobile devices will be permitted on the property for 2012 in accordance with PGA TOUR regulations. The use of cell phones and mobile devices during the Memorial Tournament is restricted to designated areas and not allowed on the playing field (tees, fairways and greens), practice areas or players' scoring area. Patrons must keep cell phones in the “silent” mode at all times. Photo and video use of all mobile devices is prohibited beginning Thursday and capturing video is not permitted at any time. Violators will have their phones confiscated; they can be retrieved at the close of play at Lost and Found within the Clubhouse.

PROHIBITED ITEMS
Cameras - Still cameras are only permitted on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of Tournament week and are NOT Allowed Thursday - Sunday. Video equipment is prohibited all seven days.

Govbarney wrote:I understand that golf has its etiquette, and I respect that, but I will never understand how a baseball player can hit a 92 MPH fastball 440 ft. with 50,000 screaming fans, but a pro golfer needs total silence to hit a stationary ball off a stick.

I agree 100%.
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:14 pm

Don't look now PGA Tour, but Tiger is back. Perfect timing, US Open in 10 days.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Govbarney » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:14 am

FUDU wrote:Don't look now PGA Tour, but Tiger is back. Perfect timing, US Open in 10 days.

IMO That Chip on 16 will be seen as either the moment he turned things around, or his final gasp. Either way it will go down in history.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Return to The 19th Hole