Text Size

The 19th Hole

Tiger's Apology

Discuss the PGA Tour, local golf courses, playing tips, and have any other general golf discussions on this board.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, yogi

Tiger's Apology

Unread postby TOTribeFan » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:33 pm

Wow, what an event. Just like the moon landing, or the OJ verdict. The world stopped for those few precious short moments as people huddled around their TVs and computer screens, hangin on his every prepared word. We will always remember where we were when he walked out in front of the camera and uttered those crafted words. All in all, it was a non-event. In typical Tiger fashion, completely controlled, scripted and rehearsed. You even got the impression he practiced when to tear up and when to shift his focus to the other camera. There was nothing genuine or sincere about it. Fake, plastic and manufactured, like everything he has his fingers in (sorry for the pun). A couple interesting points though.....

If you watched closely, his Mother could not even look at him....

Surprising that he said he MIGHT come back to golf this year. Everyone expected him to be back for Augusta. That sounds very much in doubt now....
TOTribeFan

Re: Tiger's Apology

Unread postby Juannieboy » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:28 pm

Hard for me to find fault with the sincerity. I doubt he wrote that script himself though.

Regardless, it took alot of guts. I would'nt want to stand up and confess my infidelity to the entire free world. And lastly, "he that is without sin...let him pick up the first stone"
I'm Polish...what's your excuse?
Juannieboy

Favorite Player: Gary?
Least Favorite Player: Trombone

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:28 pm

I'll give him the BOD on the sincerity of his apology, but I call BS on his threat of possibly not golfing this year. He'll golf this year. I'd bet huge money on it, he has nothing else.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Cease » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:18 pm

The part about his kids, wife and mother being off-limits was legit. Immediately, some of the media slammed him for this take.

Let the few idiots who idolized him w/out knowing him suffer through this and learn their lesson, they deserve it.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:48 am

So today I go to the bar 'n grill next door to the office for a 12:30 lunch, its Friday and they have a $10 shrimp special goin' on. I sit down at the bar and I have all three screens in front of me on ESPN. This was what I wound up watching for 45 minutes:

- Rick Reilly pontificating on Tiger Woods's apology
- The entirety of Woods's apology, all 13 minutes of it
- The CEO of Strategic Vision pontificiating on Tiger Woods's apology
- The president of the PGA remarking on Tiger Woods's apology

Meanwhile, the ticker on the bottom of the screen, and I kid you not, had at one point: WOODS WOODS WOODS WOODS WOODS. It was as if the NBA didn't play last night or there were the Winter Fucking Olympics going on right as we spoke. Didn't get any highlights whatsoever.

24 hour sports journalism is such a joke.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby fundamentals » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:03 pm

The whole thing was/is a joke.

Simmons summed it up well "By this point, I was making the same face that an airplane passenger makes in the first few seconds after an unclaimed fart."
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby waborat » Sat Feb 20, 2010 6:25 pm

I hate friggin Tiger Woods...

Thanks to him, I have to call my wife every time I tee off
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby Juannieboy » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:58 pm

I'd lay odds Tiger got a hard on when he hugged one of those woman afterwards. :lmfao:
I'm Polish...what's your excuse?
Juannieboy

Favorite Player: Gary?
Least Favorite Player: Trombone

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:05 pm

BTW wouldn't the absolute best time for him to come back by at Augusta? Don't they have the most strict media policy and allow the fewest number of fans through the gates? Equaling a lot less stress and circus fair around Tiger when he does come back.

FUDU

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:57 pm

FUDU wrote:BTW wouldn't the absolute best time for him to come back by at Augusta? Don't they have the most strict media policy and allow the fewest number of fans through the gates? Equaling a lot less stress and circus fair around Tiger when he does come back.

Good point. And if you saw much as cough in the gallery the Goon Squad is dispatched to knee-cap you. As opposed to, say Phoenix or some other tour stop where it's like a frat party.

Although the frat party thing might interest Tig.....never mind.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Spin » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:45 pm

Just what the heck is the big deal about his apology? He owes us nothing. Not one single media or fan or news person who continuously talk about how he "owes" us something has an empty closet.

It use to be funny when a married NBA player had illigitimate children in several NBA cities. Now you can't even get a little on the side.

Must be sad to not have anything more exciting to report about. I don't want to hear anything else about the man until he wins another tournament.
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby exiledbuckeye » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:19 pm

Gotta admit that I laugh my ass off everytime I see this thread title followed by the forum name..."19th Hole."

So appropriate.
exiledbuckeye

Favorite Player: OSU
Least Favorite Player: scUM

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:59 pm

I just wanted to bring everyone up to date on ESPN's breaking news about Tiger. I just read this report on the front page.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=4990504

The gist of it is that some people who don't know anything think that Tiger might play in the Arnold Palmer Classic. Now, it's being reported that there are some other people who don't know anything saying that they don't think so.

So, you know...adjust your schedules accordingly.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:12 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:I just wanted to bring everyone up to date on ESPN's breaking news about Tiger. I just read this report on the front page.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=4990504

The gist of it is that some people who don't know anything think that Tiger might play in the Arnold Palmer Classic. Now, it's being reported that there are some other people who don't know anything saying that they don't think so.

So, you know...adjust your schedules accordingly.

All I know is Jamie Grubbs won the Miss Tiger Woods Mistress Contest on the Stern Show and took down a cool $75k.

Sponsored (of course) by Asley Madison.com

"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby fundamentals » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:17 pm

Peeks, I don't think you recognized the correct winner.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby Guest » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:43 pm

FUDU wrote:BTW wouldn't the absolute best time for him to come back by at Augusta? Don't they have the most strict media policy and allow the fewest number of fans through the gates? Equaling a lot less stress and circus fair around Tiger when he does come back.

Well, you get your wish.

It's still going to be a circus, because rest assured that someone from TMZ or the National Enquirer will fork over the $2,000 to scalp a ticket just to make a point to try to ambush Tiger at some point on the course.

Tiger Woods is a dick who does not deserve to break Jack's records.

The media is scum sucking whores who should all die.

The best thing to happen, and I'm not joking, would be for Tiger to miss the cut, so we can enjoy some damn golf. Yes, everything on Saturday would still be All-Tiger-All-The-Time, but at least on the Final round it should have mostly burnt itself out and we can concentrate on real golf.

OTOH...how ironic is it that the racist pricks running Augusta now are placing all their chips on the table sucking up to a black/asian who needs them as much as they need him.

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:50 pm

Mitch wrote:

Well, you get your wish.

It's still going to be a circus, because rest assured that someone from TMZ or the National Enquirer will fork over the $2,000 to scalp a ticket just to make a point to try to ambush Tiger at some point on the course.

Tiger Woods is a dick who does not deserve to break Jack's records.

The media is scum sucking whores who should all die.

The best thing to happen, and I'm not joking, would be for Tiger to miss the cut, so we can enjoy some damn golf. Yes, everything on Saturday would still be All-Tiger-All-The-Time, but at least on the Final round it should have mostly burnt itself out and we can concentrate on real golf.

OTOH...how ironic is it that the racist pricks running Augusta now are placing all their chips on the table sucking up to a black/asian who needs them as much as they need him.
Tiger's a dick?

In his Tigeresque he dominates everyone and has an arrogant touch at times, OK, just b/c he's a cheater off the course?

Separate the two Mitch, you're a golfer, fan of the game, Tiger on the course at Augusta is awesome. He'll be ready, ready to win, eh, but he'll make it interesting at some point no doubt.

I'm not Tiger fan as much as I am a fan of how he approaches his game as wanting to be the best ever and how he goes about it. He deserves his wins when he gets them, and let's face it not many guys can say they beat Tiger as much as they can say Tiger beat Tiger and they happened to be on the last hole to reap the rewards.

I'm pulling for him to get back on track, I want to see him get to Jack's record and enjoy what happens after that. Nobody and I mean nobody will beat Jack's record with more respect to Jack then Tiger.

His desires off the course are moot in the sense that his golf success will always override them.

FUDU

Return to The 19th Hole