Text Size

The 19th Hole

The Memorial

Discuss the PGA Tour, local golf courses, playing tips, and have any other general golf discussions on this board.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, yogi

The Memorial

Unread postby idoctribefan » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:44 pm

I'm heading down to Columbus (Dublin, whatever) Sunday. My first trip to a PGA Tour event. I've been told Jack's course is a beauty.

Also will be my first in-person encounter with the most annoying person in the world: "GET IN THE HOLE!!!!!!!!" Guy. :yessss: Hopefully I can keep my cool.
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Re: The Memorial

Unread postby swerb » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:53 pm

Love that course. Dying to play it.

Best place to stand is by 15 green, a par 5 everyone goes for in two. You can also see the tee shot and full hole for 16, a long par 3.

Have fun idoc, wish I was able to go this year.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: The Memorial

Unread postby idoctribefan » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:10 pm

Just got back from the final round. Great win for Tiger. I was hoping somebody else would pull it out because I get tired of Tiger winning all the time.

I was at the course from noon till the end of the tourney. Spent the first few hours walking the front nine. Last few hours we basically followed Els/Kuchar, Furyk/Byrd, Ogilvy/Love, Watson/Donald.....watched Tiger some, but his huge crowds were annoying. We could easily get right up to the ropes and good views of the green/tees for all the other groups. The only hole we parked at for an extended time was #12 green, a par 3 where they shoot over water. We didn't see Tiger's eagle at 11, but we were right on the other side of that hill by the 12th green and heard the roar.

Course was in tremendous shape. We stood next to Hank Haney for about 5 minutes while watching Tiger play 16 (he bogeyed the hole and Hank was frustrated)......he moved away from us when some fan tried to make small-talk with him.

15 green was a very good spot to watch the action....could see all the way down 16 as well. Once Tiger's crowd got there though it got too crazy. Everybody was standing. I had difficulty seeing and I'm 6-2. I felt bad for all the short people around me.

I plan on making the trip down again in future years. good time.
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Return to The 19th Hole