Text Size

College Sports Arena

Wisconsin and BCS berths

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Wisconsin and BCS berths

Unread postby consigliere » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:12 am

It is my understanding that a conference cannot have more than 2 teams get a BCS berth. Michigan and OSU look like locks from the Big Ten, which means a 1-loss Wisconsin team won't get in.

On Sportsline the other night on the way home I heard some of the ESPN guys talking about this, how Wisconsin would be left out.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby swerb » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:21 am

I didn't know that. Personally, I think Wisconsin goes down today in Iowa City without Stocco against a Hawkeye team trying to salavage a season lost ... and that it will be moot.

I did see in the Furls 15 where he mentioned a surefire BCS berth for the Badgers if they do win out.

What I do know is that the bowl games that get the 3rd, 4th, 5th teams from the Big Ten have to be pissed.

The Capital One Bowl will likely get Wisconsin. But the Outback? Prolly a shitty Penn St team. The Alamo, Insight, Motor City, Champs Sports ... there won't likely be enough bowl eligible teams left. If so, it will be teams like Purdue, Iowa, Indiana. Hoosiers need to win one of their last two just to be eligble. Minnesota, Mich St need TO win their last two to get to 6-6 and bowl eligibility.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:23 am

2 max

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:28 am

It is 2 max, I got ahead of myself. In the 15 I had my head stationed in the Mark May position (in my own ass).

Wisconsin will go the Capital One Bowl.
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Return to College Sports Arena