Text Size

College Sports Arena

Buckeye Hoops

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

How deep can the Buckeyes go in March?

One and Done
20%
Sweet 16
60%
Elite 8
20%
Final 4...maybe more?
No votes

Total votes : 5

Buckeye Hoops

Unread postby yargs7 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:01 pm

I think Thad's Buckeye hoops team is fun to watch and highly overlooked in the national spectrum. They have the ingredients of a dangerous team come March. They are a well balanced scoring team. They are athletic. They have more than one guy that can hurt you from 3 point range, and they have a strong big man in Dials. This Buckeye squad can make some serious noise in the Big Dance.

Any thoughts?
yargs7
College Football Nut

Unread postby Guest » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:16 pm

The Bucks are my life unfortunately, once you get past Dials it all relies on outside shooting. They have really been unable to break down defenses with dribble penetration, hell, most of their offense is generated off of skip passes.

I think this will carry them for a while, but in the end shooting teams tend to be unreliable and unfortunately they do not seem to stay torrid for weeks on end (the duration of the NCAA). I think ultimately the Bucks thrash a #13 seed in the first round (as a 4 seed) and win their next game with good shooting. Unfortunately I don't think that will be enough to beat a #1 or #2 seed and get into the elite 8.

Mike

Unread postby Guest » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:17 pm

that was me posting above.

Unread postby furls » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:17 pm

OMG this is like a bad dream, with the log in crap.
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Return to College Sports Arena