Text Size

College Sports Arena

Furls 10 Greatest Buckeyes

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Furls 10 Greatest Buckeyes

Unread postby swerb » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:17 am

Just wanted to say that I thoroughly enjoyed this series, and learned a helluva lot in the process.

I thought the way he ended it was excellent, and just. I'll be honest, the name Chic Harley wouldn't have meant anything to me a couple days ago, and I enjoyed reading the tale of how he helped catapult Buckeye football into what it is today.

Me personally, my three favorite Buckeyes I ever watched play were Eddie George, Antonio Winfield, and AJ Hawk. If I had to guess, both George and Hawk had to come damn close to making Furls list.

Shawn Springs, Terry Glenn, and David Boston were all amazing players at tOSU as well. And my earliest Buckeye memories are watching two other great players ... Keith Byars and Cris Carter.

Nice work Furls.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby furls » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:36 pm

My final cuts were:

Eddie George
Les Horvath
Cris Carter
Terry Glenn

and if this was Furls 11 greatest you would've seen.... (DRUMROLL)

Keith Byars, who may have won a Heisman if it was not for an injury and was probably one of most bad ass running backs I have seen.

A.J. Hawk missed the list for exactly one reason, he graduated this year. He may actually be on my 2007 or 8 list, possibly with Troy Smith.
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Return to College Sports Arena