Text Size

College Sports Arena

BUCKEYES UPCOMING SEASON?

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

BUCKEYES UPCOMING SEASON?

Unread postby OSU Bucks Crazy » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:47 pm

How far can the buckeyes really go? The last time we lost this many starters to the NFL Draft we didn't do so good, wuts your opinion on our record and preformance this year......by the way oregon's jerseys r sweeeeeeeet
O_H_I_O
OSU Bucks Crazy

Unread postby GreatGoo » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:29 pm

All i know is the bucks wont be in the national championship game. However i do think they win the big ten championship or at least tie for it.

Just my opinion. :roll:
GreatGoo
Awaiting First Championship

Favorite Player: TBD
Least Favorite Player: Larry Hughes

Unread postby furls » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:16 pm

I am not sure if anyone reading this board follows the Buckeyes anymore closely than I do. I live in Columbus, I read everything I can find regarding the Buckeyes compulsively. I listen to every Jim Tressel interview as though I am listening to a preacher on Sunday morning, and what I can tell you is this...

I have no idea. No one does. They have great players on offense. They have great PROSPECTS at defense. Each and every player projected to go out on the field next year on that defense has great potential, but only a few have ever set foot on Ohio Stadiums lush green turf with any regularity. Anyone, ANYONE who tells you they know how this team will come out next year is guessing.

I think the defense will be much better than most people think, but I am a Buckeyes defense optimist (I am an offense pessimist). Bear with me for a second. At no point do I ever really worry about the Ohio State defense. As a matter of fact, I think Coach Tressel may have a small garden in his back yard that he goes to and harvests linebackers and safeties as needed. I always have confidence in the defense, and this year is no exception. When the game is on the line, I sincerely feel that the Bucks defense will not let me down (for much the same reason that Cleveland fans know that their team, no matter the sport will let them down).

Now the offense, that is scary. I haven't really felt great about a Buckeyes offense in a while, that is of course up until this year. This team reminds me of the 1996 Buckeyes. That team had weapons at every position just like this one.

My projection for this year? I think the Buckeyes will probably win the Big 10 championship outright. I think they will finish this year as one of the Nations top teams. I cannot say if they will win the national championship. There are so many factors involved and so much luck required. Will the Buckeyes stay healthy (yet again)? How long will it take the offense to get started? If it doesnt get rolling by the showdown in Austin, than our National Title aspirations are probably done.

Games to watch this year:

Northern Illinois, yes I know they are a MAC team, but they are a premier MAC team that has had this game circled on their calendar for a long time. The MAC does not get the respect it deserves, but hell I think it is a better football conference than the Big Least.

at Texas: Recently the Buckeyes have not been a good road team. The offense tends to be slow to hit its stride. If they dont get it going....

at Iowa: Iowa is a tough place to play, last time the Bucks played there they were crushed 33-7. Unfortunately, we have Iowa early in the season too, before they start their Michigan State-style end of season collapse.

scUM: Yep, we got em at home. Yep we have won 4 of 5 since JT arrived in CTown, but you still have to be leery of a Lloyd Carr team playing for his job.
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Return to College Sports Arena