Text Size

College Sports Arena

scUM game moved

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

scUM game moved

Unread postby furls » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:29 am

For those that do not know, that is the latest that this game has ever been played. Traditionalists will weep that the game is supposed to be a HIGH NOON shootout, but I will remind traditionalists that the original tradition was for the opening kick to go at 1:30. It was moved in the 70's to 12pm to help stem the tide of alcohol related insanity following the game.

I personally think that moving the game to 3:30 is a great idea as it will enable more viewers on the west coast to witness sports greatest rivalry. This game already gets huge national coverage, but now it can get slightly more. Also, it gives me 3 more hours to get even drunker so I can go flip cars on Indianola Blvd. (**SCREW YOU KAREN HOLBROOK** wish you nothing but double bogies in your retirement).
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby swerb » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:47 pm

Furls, I may be wrong here ... but I'm getting the impression that you don't like Karen Holbrook.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Return to College Sports Arena