Text Size

College Sports Arena

I Can't Wait For College Football Season

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

I Can't Wait For College Football Season

Unread postby swerb » Sat May 27, 2006 9:29 am

Excited about the Buckeyes prospects this year, and about college football season in general.

I've got a ritual on Saturday mornings. Wake up at the crack of dawn, fire up the coffeepot, make some breakfast, tear through the sports page and my favorite websites.

Then I find some type of college football pregame show on one of my 700 cable channels before ESPN Gameday starts. I then spend 2-3 hours researching my bets, analyzing my college fantasy football matchup, and establishing a game plan of which games are on when and what the hell I'm gonna watch.

I've always been an enormous college football fan. But the Saturday morning pregame experience has probably gotten more enjoyable for me than the Sunday morning one for the NFL over the years.

Can't wait for the season ...
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby furls » Sat May 27, 2006 1:54 pm

My saturday morning ritual:

-Wake up at 7:30.
-Drink Coffee
-Think about showering, decide not to, afterall I am just going to spill beer and bratjuice all over myself.
-Drink Coffee
-8:00- Wake my son up and put on either the tatum or griffin jersey (depending on whether I think the bucks need offense of defense this week).
-8:04- Beam with pride as I see my son wipe the sleep from his eyes with his AJ Hawk jersey on, for I know I am raising the boy right.
-8:10 Drink more coffee
-8:15 Leave for Ohio Stadium
-8:30 Arrive at Ohio Stadium
-8:32 Begin the impossibly long walk from the Schot or Woody Hayes facility (if i get a good parking spot) to the 7-11 on lane avenue.
-8:45 Arrive at the tailgate with a fresh 12 pack and begin replacing my caffine buzz with an alcohol one.
-10:00 Greet the buckeyes as they walk from the Blackwell Hotel to the Skull session at St. Johns.
-11:45 go to the stadium.
-3:30 celebrate another buckeyes win.
-4:00 Arrive at BWW with my son for some wings and catch up on the rest of college sports.
-6:45 order to go bag for my wife, so I can bring it home after the 3:30 games end.
-7:30 watch college football until it ends, even crappy WAC games with kickoffs at 1030 pm.

Saturday is truly God's Day!

Rich, you need to come down and partake in my saturday ritual with me at least once this year. I got a couch with your name on it and I am sure I can talk my son into giving up his ticket for one game (unless it is a gains scUM).

BY THE WAY: ONLY 98 Days UNTIL THE BUCKEYES SEASON STARTS
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby swerb » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:16 am

Furls, that sounds awesome. Pick a game, and I'll start working on the wife.

I was actually just down in Columbus for work, played Little Turtle and enjoyed the madness at the Bogey Inn on Thurs night during Memorial week. Was gonna call you, but it was very last second.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby furls » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:12 am

last second is my middle name, and next time call. I would have found a way out on to the course or to the bar with you. Shot my best 9 of the year yesterday: 42.

I have been struggling mightily with my woods for the last couple of years, so I dont even hit them anymore. I play 2iron off the tee now and it seems to be working for me. I just wish I would've started that 9 well. I started 6 6 6. Finished 4 4 3 4. (par, birdie, par, par). What really sucks is that I am dying to go play right now, but i need to coach some little league baseball (and I hate the 5 hour weekend rounds).

My boy is kicking some SERIOUS ASS this year. He is 17/18 from the plate about 11 of those hits are for extra bases. Even more impressive is that the boy refuses to walk. He has one walk in 19 plate appearances. Thinking about putting him in travel league this summer.

Now if only I could get him to open up his hips, my retirement plan would be set....
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Return to College Sports Arena