Text Size

College Sports Arena

Here we go already

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Here we go already

Unread postby yargs7 » Fri May 19, 2006 12:14 pm

Ok. It's never too early to talk college football. The national media has all but handed the trophy to Brady Quinn. Go figure. A team that beat no one last year, and shows zero sign of any type of defense is already a pre season top 5. Charlie Wiess is already the next Bear Freaking Bryant. I am sick of this bullshit already.

God help me if this team is successful this year. There first five games are pretty tough...

@G-Tech
Penn St
Mich
@Mich St
Purdue

Easily could be 3-2 at that point.

They won't beat USC this year either. Throw in a loss to one of the service teams or UCLA and they are 8-4. F them. I hate them. I needed to blow off some steam.

Any other ND haters out there, please join me!
"You win with people"

-W.W. "Woody" Hayes
yargs7
College Football Nut

Unread postby furls » Fri May 19, 2006 10:10 pm

not a hater, but I do think that they will be grossly overrated next year. Watch out for them in 2 years though. All of this hype and charlie weiss' superbowl rings is already rolling in the talent. It will take a little while for their play to catch up with their recruiting.
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby swerb » Wed May 24, 2006 4:16 pm

I hate Notre Dame as well, but if you look at their schedule ... they will likely be favored in every game but the USC game. Still, they will be projected to go 11-1, and end up 8-4 IMO.

Jabba The Weis was exposed against the Buckeyes, as the Sweater Vest outcoached his ass up and down the field.

Domers schedule was very weak last year. Tennessee, Air Force, Washington, Purdue ... normally tough games, they all sucked last season.

Not enough athletes yet, again, which was exposed by the Buckeyes. Stovall and Smarjida feasted off weak secondaries all year, as did that fruitcake Quinn.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Return to College Sports Arena