Text Size

College Sports Arena

When will someone televise the Zips games?

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

When will someone televise the Zips games?

Unread postby Spin » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:49 pm

When is someone going to televise teh Zips games that aren't already on ESPN2 or ESPNU? This is an exciting team, even with a first year starter at QB.

I look at some of these other games on, with teams 2000 miles away that nobody heard of, and wonder if anybody in NE Ohio is watching them.

We have a great product right here, but nobody knows about it. Nobody can see past the Buckeyes, cuz that's all that gets shoved down our throats all year.

I grew up watching the Bucks and watch the big games, but come on, what's entertaining about watching 58-7 and 30-7 games the rest of the time? I'll take two evenly matched teams with wide open offenses that come down to the last minute a lot of times.

STO, ya listenin? LOL.
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby neoleo » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:56 pm

I'm a huge OSU fan but I enjoy watching the MAC as well. I would much rather have a MAC game on locally over the noon Big East game's I've been getting (I've seen Syracuse 3 times, that about says it all).

The problem I have with the games that are being televised is they're production makes me go to sleep. I know it may be hard to pump up a Ball State/Ohio U game, but the announcers sound as if they're not even in the same building and the whole thing just seems like a high school production to me (both from ESPN+ and FSN Ohio). I'd love to see the day where a network (STO????) would take over and bring us a MAC game of the week and take it serious and really pump it up to the fans. I'm positive the students/fans would get behind it.
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy

Favorite Player: Norris Cole
Least Favorite Player: number 6

Unread postby Spin » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:04 am

You know what's really sad? I live near Akron. I finally saw the last minute punt return here Tuesday morning at 10:00am on SportCenter.

I saw a picture in the press release, but never saw the video.
Spin

I didn't know Zippy did auto races...

Unread postby Spin » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:14 pm

I didn't know Zippy did auto races...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-ad_IT6SiU
Spin

Return to College Sports Arena