Text Size

College Sports Arena

Buckle your chinstrap.... It's game week!!!

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Buckle your chinstrap.... It's game week!!!

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:56 am

Image[/img]
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:28 pm

I've had this game circled on the calender. It's going to be a good match up.

Mike VI is making his Tiger Stadium debut this week, correct?

Soon to be brother in law(in 4 weeks) graduated from LSU law school and was trying to get me down for this game as a wedding present. Just couldn't afford plane fare down there right now. If LSU makes the National Championship game though I'll try and work out some kind of deal with him.
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby furls » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:25 pm

The game obviously lost some of its luster after Florida's performance the last two weeks, but I have to say that I am very much looking forward to this game as a barometer for the SEC. Yep, the conference is good, but it will be interesting to see what this means as it will give kind of a measuring stick for Fl, Auburn (to some extent), and South Carolina.

So far, I think South Carolina might be the best non LSU team I have seen. If LSU is able to just roll Fl, it would kind of support that. If LSU and FL play close then it really makes me have to reconsider my feelings on South Carolina and indirectly Georgia.

Should be a really interesting game. Right now, I think I like LSU by 20ish.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:39 pm

Mike VI is making his Tiger Stadium debut this week, correct?

Big 10-4 buddy. My wife and I live close to campus and jog/bike around on the weekends. We've got to visit him a few times already and he is a beast. Truly awesome animal, it'll be great to get in the stadium and get the crowd cranked up.

Should be a really interesting game. Right now, I think I like LSU by 20ish.

Wow, that would be incredible. You've got to excuse my doubting nature, I have just never in my life witnessed a LSU team go undefeated and part of me is always waiting for the other shoe to drop. But I guess that's what makes a fan, you live and die with it. Also, and it may sound stupid, watch out for the LSU/Kentucky game in Lexington. For the past 10 years or so LSU has always needed some sort of last minute drive or miracle play to come out of there with the "w". All considering though, the schedule sets up well for an exciting 2nd half for the Tigers.
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby pup » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:10 pm

I remember a lot of the same talk last year about Florida being over rated and no good and LSU would handle them.

I just don't see it. Les Miles is a terrible game day coach, IMO.

I think the Gators win this thing going away.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:45 pm

Les Miles is a terrible game day coach, IMO

Alot of folks down here would agree with that sentiment, but would you care to explain your thoughts on that a little more? Just curious as to what you base this off of?
Bayou Tribe

Return to College Sports Arena