Text Size

College Sports Arena

Florida vs. Ole Miss

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Florida vs. Ole Miss

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:18 pm

Florida overrated? I am not totally ready to make that statement now, but after watching this entire game, their defense does not look that great and the offense outside of Harvin is ehhhh. Tebow is still a beast, but the rest of the team does not really look that great.

Maybe they just started drinking too much of their own Kool Aid and looked past Ole Miss. In any case, don't look now, Ole' Miss is making a game of it going into the 4th, and they would actually have a nice lead if they had any red zone offense.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:20 pm

You know if you look at Fl, they have pounded a couple of cupcakes and a Tennessee team that has not looked even decent yet this year. hmmm... if you start pulling the thread, it makes you really wonder about the gators.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:54 pm

Yeah I think there is enough about Florida that some questions are warranted, however IMO they are still one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the country for sure right now.

IMO they have played a bit above themselves, against some weak competition, so far but deserve to be respected and feared. They might have played their best game already though.

It looks like college football is down this year in general, meaning there appears to be 3 or 4 really good teams (US, LSU, OK and Florida) and then a big pack of others and a big pack of insignificants below those others.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby furls » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:09 pm

This is a bizarre year in college football. I could see it play out where there are several undefeated teams this year.

I can see LSU ramming through the SEC. They are that good.
I can see OSU sliding through the Big Ten. The conference is that ordinary.
I can see someone emerging from the Big East. WVU or USF.
Oklahoma will be undefeated. The Big 12 is that bad.

I thnk the most likely candidate to drop a game out of the conference front runners right now is USC. THere is just something about the Trojans that I just am not buying. I am not a big believer in Booty, and I think that ultimately they are going to get into a scoring race (with Cal or Oregon) and he will make some mistakes and cost them the game.

Early in the season it always kind of starts this way, where everyone says, "Oh my god, the BCS is going to be soooo screwed." Then there is only one or two undefeated teams at the end of the season. This year feels different. I would not be surprised to see 4 or 5 undefeated teams at the end of the year.

I am sincerely hoping so, that would be the beginning of the end for the current BCS system.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Return to College Sports Arena