Text Size

College Sports Arena

Good Game tonight.

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Good Game tonight.

Unread postby furls » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:02 pm

Granted Maryland got blown out last time and that the Terps are not ranked, but it should still be a pretty interesting match up tonight. The Terps took last year's drubbing pretty seriously and they have West V at home.

Last week West V looked a bit vulnerable to Marshall. This will be a nice solid opportunity to see what West Va really has.

I like WVU to win, but I do not put an upset out of the realm of the possible (although Maryland has not played anyone of significance yet). I like Maryland and the points (+17).

I am no Big East fan, but I do love the fact that they play every Thursday. I wish the ACC would start playing on Tuesdays, and maybe we could get some Big Ten Wednesdays or something.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby swerb » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:12 pm

Furls, you are the biggest closet Big East fan I've ever met. :-) :smile: :)
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:22 pm

Swerb wrote:Furls, you are the biggest closet Big East fan I've ever met. :-) :smile: :)

I'd disagree with you on that one.

:)
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby Steve Buffum » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:18 pm

Mr. MacPhisto wrote:
Swerb wrote:Furls, you are the biggest closet Big East fan I've ever met. :-) :smile: :)

I'd disagree with you on that one.

:)

You're not in the closet, you're out.
Steve Buffum
Prose Flayer

Favorite Player: Withheld
Least Favorite Player: David Huff

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:31 pm

Steve Buffum wrote:
You're not in the closet, you're out.

Darn tootin.

I wouldn't mistake Furls for a Big East fan by any stretch of the imagination, though West Virginia has been putting on a show in the second half.

How about that Freshman, Noel Devine? He was a star down in Fort Myers. He'll be one in the NCAA too.

I think WVU will be good for a long time. I don't see Rodriguez leaving his alma mater, though I could be wrong.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby furls » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:42 am

I fell asleep in the 3rd, but it looked like WVU was getting its act together.

I like the Big East just like I used to love the WAC back in the day. I really have no rooting interest in the Big East, but the games tend to be very entertaining. The teams that seem to spend a lot of time on ESPN don't play much defense and run some pretty interesting gimmick offenses.

No one will ever accuse me of being a Big East fan, but I am a fan of all college football. The pro game is just a little to "refined" at times. There is no question that the pro game is much better football (except the Browns and Lions), but since almost all college teams (LSU and USC exceptions) are all pretty flawed they run very interesting offenses and defenses based on their teams relative strengths and weaknesses. It makes for very interesting games where you could have a spread offense matched up against a 3-5-3 base defense.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Return to College Sports Arena