Text Size

College Sports Arena

Ohio State vs. YSU GAME THREAD.

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Ohio State vs. YSU GAME THREAD.

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:57 am

Watch for Brandon Saine today particularly in the second half. I think we are going to get a real taste of something special today. Watch for the outside screen and then watch this guys break away speed it is SICK. Herron is a very underrated prospect nationally, I guess because he didnt play in Fl, CA, or TX (remember we have pretty good football in Ohio).

Watch for Boom Herron to get a lot of carries in the second half. I dont think we are going to see alot of Wells & Wells in the second half and I think we will see more Boom Herron than Saine even because I think Ohio State plans to use Saine a lot more during the season than Herron.
Last edited by furls on Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:59 am

Oh Yeah, watch for Robert Rose to push for Lawrence Wilsons job on the LDE in the next couple of weeks. It is not a slight on Wilson, a guy that I am very high on, it is more a statement on the virtuosity of Rose, who is now even bigger at 6-5 290. He could be a very serious NFL prospect as the PERFECT 3-4 DE.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby swerb » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:02 am

Sadly, I won't be able to contribute ... banished to the Winking Lizard due to no Big Ten Network at home.

I wanna see Saine. And Schoenhoft in the 2H.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:02 pm

michigan having some real issues in the first half, all tied up with...I forget who? LOL
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Mcreek » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:20 pm

Furls wrote:Oh Yeah, watch for Robert Rose to push for Lawrence Wilsons job on the LDE in the next couple of weeks. It is not a slight on Wilson, a guy that I am very high on, it is more a statement on the virtuosity of Rose, who is now even bigger at 6-5 290. He could be a very serious NFL prospect as the PERFECT 3-4 DE.

Rose will get his opportunity now with Wilson breaking his leg. Iron Heads kid also will get the chance to step up as well.

Too bad about Lawrence who looked like he was going to have a breakout year.
" No big stars on the team is by design. "We can't afford to have the inefficiencies, even for a great talent. We need to function as efficiently as possible in our clubhouse, and that means guys have to know what it means to be a good teammate. We don't want to waste the energy on dealing with all those distractions. Besides, we value character over talent here in Cleveland---Mark Shapiro
Mcreek

Return to College Sports Arena