Text Size

College Sports Arena

Ohio State vs. Youngstown St. Predictions!

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Ohio State vs. Youngstown St. Predictions!

Unread postby furls » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:23 pm

Can you believe that it is Buckeyes season already?

Week 1: Youngstown St. comes to town to collect their check.

Ready, Set.... Predict!

Closest to the right score gets mad props in my wrap column on Sunday. As a tie breaker throw in some stats that you think we might see (Something like Beanie rushes for 1730 yds and 14TDs in the game).
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: Ohio State vs. Youngstown St. Predictions!

Unread postby pup » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:33 pm

Furls wrote:Can you believe that it is Buckeyes season already?

Week 1: Youngstown St. comes to town to collect their check.

Ready, Set.... Predict!

Closest to the right score gets mad props in my wrap column on Sunday. As a tie breaker throw in some stats that you think we might see (Something like Beanie rushes for 1730 yds and 14TDs in the game).

Damn it Furls, you stole my prediction.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:01 pm

Tressel in his ever so conservative yet classy way beats up his old boys 27-13, with allowing the second string D to play most of the 4th, in which they give up late score to make it look interesting to those on the outside.

Stats.

Buckeyes give up less than 100 yds in the air.

Both Wells rush for 100.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby tribetalk » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:41 pm

YSU won't be able to run much til late, while they pass fairly decent for 3 quarters with 4 year starter Tom Zetts, who has played more CFB than Boeckman as well as 2 games at Pitt and Penn State.

Ohio State: 31
Youngstown State: 14

If that score comes to fruition, I will be a very happy YSU FAN!
GO PENGUINS
tribetalk

Favorite Player: Carlos Santana
Least Favorite Player: Lou Marson

Unread postby sandlot33 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:07 pm

35-6 Bucks
HerrliBomb
sandlot33

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:35 pm

Youngstown State wins in a laugher, 872-3.

Or not.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:44 pm

Mr. MacPhisto wrote:Youngstown State wins in a laugher, 872-3.

Or not.

So who are you following this year mac? scUM, UF, USF, UCF, Cincinatti, Tampa Community College, or are you not following football again?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:15 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
So who are you following this year mac? scUM, UF, USF, UCF, Cincinatti, Tampa Community College, or are you not following football again?

Here we go again. ;)

USF is my primary interest because I hold degrees from there. I fairly detached to college football outside of USF at the moment.

Never been a follower of UF, UCF, or Cincy. I root for Cincy because they are Big East. UCF is a nonentity for me, though I may go to a game to check out their new stadium and take in some ideas for a possible on campus stadium for USF in the future. I did attend UF when I started college but transferred to USF because I really didn't want to be at UF. I know quite a bit about them because of the coverage down here and the fact that I have many friends who attended UF. Same goes for FSU, another school that I could really care less about.

There is no Tampa Community College. ;) Hillsborough Community College is the one that represents Tampa and all of Hillsborough County. St. Petersburg College is the community college named after a city n this area and it is located in Pinellas County, the one I live in just west of Hillsborough.

As for UM, I have an interest and pull for them, but I doubt I'll watch much of them this year. If they win then they win, if they don't then it really doesn't bother me. I'll admit to liking them and growing up as a huge fan of the team, but that's my mother's school. I have a school of my own and one that I'm far more invested in because it's mine. I still remember the excitement when I attended the Big East announcement four years ago and our football program was less than a decade old. Now we stand as a darkhorse in the Big East, but I think we have a solid shot to win it. We get WVU and Louisville at home this year and we took WVU at Morgantown last season. Rutgers won't be easy, but we have tremendous depth and quality at running back now, having stolen two recruits from Alabama. I've seen these guys in practice and they are a huge upgrade for us.

We play Auburn in the second week at Jordan Hare Stadium. I like our chances and plan on driving up to Auburn to see it. Glad I got my tickets before the USF allotment sold out.

So, the short answer is that I really couldn't care much about teams outside of USF. I'd like to see USC get knocked off too just because I'm sick of all the talk about them.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:24 am

Jump on the bandwagon, drink the Kool Aid, show some love.

"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby Fixedgearrider » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:04 pm

I predict Pain!
Fixedgearrider
Site Drunk

Unread postby swerb » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:34 am

37-7 Buckeyes

Robiskie with two scores. Pretorious a perfect 3-3 on FG. Boeckman efficient, as is Schoenhoft in the second half. Beanie breaks a long TD and rushes for 150. Buckeyes get to a big lead early and spend time milking the clock and trying not to make Tressels former school look bad.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:41 pm

Swerb wrote:37-7 Buckeyes

Robiskie with two scores. Pretorious a perfect 3-3 on FG. Boeckman efficient, as is Schoenhoft in the second half. Beanie breaks a long TD and rushes for 150. Buckeyes get to a big lead early and spend time milking the clock and trying not to make Tressels former school look bad.

I think that's pretty standard in situations like that. A couple years ago when USF first got into I-A we played Oklahoma when they were up in the rankings and came away looking decent, but Leavitt and Stoops both worked together under Snyder at K-State. It was always assumed that Stoops laid off on the wood a little for us and I'm sure that Tressel would do the same. If the game was never in doubt then you can pull back a little and let your former school or former associate have some dignity in the game.

At least Tressel is a good enough coach to get his team in a position to do that, unlike Carr at Michigan. If it wasn't for the natural talent on his roster, he'd probably lose all his games every year.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:40 pm

Beanie breaks a long TD and rushes for 150.

Were we watching err listening to the same game?

Chris didn't so much of anything IIRC.

The team was at 150 not sure about him.

I assume you meant the team went for 150.

JT surprisingly going against his traditional style and giving a youngster early carries in the season.

We may have 3 headed monster at RB.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby pup » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:57 pm

FUDU wrote:
Beanie breaks a long TD and rushes for 150.

Were we watching err listening to the same game?

Chris didn't so much of anything IIRC.

The team was at 150 not sure about him.

I assume you meant the team went for 150.

JT surprisingly going against his traditional style and giving a youngster early carries in the season.

We may have 3 headed monster at RB.

That was Swerb's prediction, not a recap.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Return to College Sports Arena