Text Size

College Sports Arena

Marco Killingsworth

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Marco Killingsworth

Unread postby furls » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:21 pm

IS GETTIN HIS ASS HANDED TO HIM.

Terrence Dials is probably a bit upset after the comments Killingsworth made regarding Dials accolades this season. Well, he is getting pimped right now.

Mike
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby consigliere » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:07 pm

Bucks escape again!
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby furls » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:11 pm

KIllingsworth's final line
FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OFF REB AST STL PF PTS
5-18 0-1 0-2 1 9 1 0 4 10

I think he should STFU
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby swerb » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:13 pm

These Buckeye games the last couple weeks have taken a couple years off the back end of my life.

Right back at it tomorrow ...

If the Buckeyes win the reg season and conf tourney of the nations #1 RPI division, you can't deny them a #1 seed, can you?
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby furls » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:15 am

You can if you are too busy fellating Duke, UConn, and Villanova long enough to notice that Memphis aint that damn great either.

I mean what would be impressive about winning the highest rated conference (by RPI) in the regular season and the post season? Its not like OSU plays in the ACC or Big East (sarcasm in case you missed it). There is such preferential treatment of these conferences by the media and the NCAA that it is nauseating.

This bias is based on history and stereotypes. People hear Duke and immediately think of the team that slayed the UNLV giant or the miracle in Kentucky, not the fact that this Duke team just has not been that impressive at the end of this season.

Ultimately the problem with college hoops as it is with college football. There is not enough reward for a difficult schedule as their is for losing. Look at Memphis and Gonzaga.... they are ranked 4 and 5 respectively, for what? Between the two of them they have won 2 games against ranked teams. Both of those wins were by Memphis and one of them was actually against Gonzaga, so one of them had to win. Gonzaga did win 2 games against ranked at the beginning of the season, but neither of those teams are ranked anymore.

In the end it really doesnt matter. As a number 2, Ohio State would play a 15seed then a 7 or 10 seed, then a 3 seed. That really is not that different from playing a 16 seed then an 8/9 seed then a 4. I just hate the national medias freakin biases.
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby yargs7 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:08 pm

To be honest, I'm really not concerned with Ohio State getting a one seed. Like Furls said, it's only the difference between playing a 15/16 and 4/5 assuming there are no upsets in the first or second round. However, according to cbs sportsline, if the Bucks win today they are projected as a #1 over Memphis.

http://www.sportsline.collegebasketball/story/9286652

What concerns me right now is the ice cold shooting from Foster and the gang.

JJ SULLINGER IS A STUD!!! He was a beast yesterday. You wanna talk about JJ the Warrior? Sullinger willed OSU to victory yesterday. 19 pts 13 boards, with swollen eye and a cut. STUD.
"You win with people"

-W.W. "Woody" Hayes
yargs7
College Football Nut

Unread postby furls » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:12 pm

The Cavs need players like JJ Sullinger and Terrence Dials. Dont get me wrong, I am not saying the Cavs should draft them or that they would be great pros.

The Cavs need guys like that because they play above their size. JJ Sullinger has been stuck playing the 4 all year as a 6'5" 2 or 3. Dials is "only 6'9"" but his game reminds me of Barkley underneath. He will push folks around. If he could develop a decent game from 15 feet he could make a pretty decent NBA 4. I loved watching him BITCHSMACK Killingsworth yesterday.
furls
Buckeye Insider

Return to College Sports Arena