Text Size

College Sports Arena

Help Youngstown State in the Battle of I-AA Stadiums

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Help Youngstown State in the Battle of I-AA Stadiums

Unread postby tribetalk » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:04 pm

Youngstown State is in the Final 4 of the FCSFans.com Battle of the Stadiums competition. We know we aren't #1, because Montana is, but we do think we are the 2nd best in the land of I-AA football, and to show our support of STAMBAUGH STADIUM, we want you guys to help YSU out a bit!

Go to: http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/ ... ?f=4&t=172
Join the site, and go to that above link and rank the teams as followed:

Montana [#1-4pts]
YSU [#2-3pts]

Then you decide whether you like Delaware or Chattanooga as 3rd and 4th from the pictures!

It's Stambaugh's 25th year and we want to get them a special #2 AWARD!
THANKS
tribetalk

Favorite Player: Carlos Santana
Least Favorite Player: Lou Marson

Unread postby yargs7 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:36 pm

I have many great Stambaugh memories from the Tressel era. So many great playoff games there. I remember freezing my ass off when McNair was at Alcorn St and YSU picked him off 5 times in a route. Also the Villanova playoff game where YSU pulled off a miracle to win it as time expired.

I also have bad memories from playing there in high school. Like losing to Ursuline and/or Mooney on some shady officiating and pure bad luck.

All in all, Stambaugh Stadium has provided some great Northeastern Ohio football for many years!
"You win with people"

-W.W. "Woody" Hayes
yargs7
College Football Nut

Return to College Sports Arena