Text Size

College Sports Arena

2014 - Call Your Shot

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

2014 - Call Your Shot

Unread postby fairvis » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:19 am

Prediction thread! OK, so let's go with some fearless predictions here of the Buckeyes record, the B1G champion, the 4 teams that make the playoffs, and then the eventual national champion.

Here's where I'll start:

OSU Record - 9-3; losses @MSU, @PSU, and a whoopsie either between Va Tech or Cincy due to a freshman QB.

B1G Champion - MSU over Nebraska
Playoff Teams: Florida State, Alabama, UCLA, and then the 2nd place team in the SEC West (Auburn or A&M).

National Champ: FSU is hard to pick against, so I'll go with that...

What do you guys think?
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Re: 2014 - Call Your Shot

Unread postby furls » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:22 pm

I only see one 50:50 shot at an L on the schedule.... MSU.

PSU on the road is tough, but PSU is not a good team. OSU beat them 63-14 last year and it worse. I don't buy the media hype on PSU being a trap this year for OSU.

I am also not willing to concede the conference to MSU either. Barrett is young, but he is a multi-dimensional QB and this D is going to go from ~100 in the country to top 15 this year.

VaTech is a possible loss because it is early, it is a good defensive team and JT will not have had the time to develop. That said, I really don't know much about VT this year other than they will have some good athletes and a constipated offense.

I got the Buckeyes at 11-1 and Co-Divisional champs at worst. Wouldn't be stunned to see 12-0 or 10-2.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:11 pm

Still worried about PSU after watching them struggle with Akron?

FYI,

Navy has over 300 yards rushing with 25 mins left to go in their game against Temple.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:14 pm

Yeah, Furls, not sure about that call. Always glad if my expectations are exceeded.
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Return to College Sports Arena