Text Size

College Sports Arena

Quick 2015 updates

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Quick 2015 updates

Unread postby furls » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:35 pm

Had a couple of guys ask for my thoughts on recent 2015 stuff, so I thought I would toss some cursory thoughts out there.

After a slow start 2015 recruiting has finally picked up. Buckeyes picked up a couple of huge commits in Jashon Cornell (5* DE from MN) and Justin Hilliard (5* LB from St. X). I like Cornell and LOVE Hilliard. Hilliard and 2014 freshman Raekwon McMillan make for a very good start at LB (don't forget about Berger and Booker from 2014 as well).

Buckeyes are considered the big leaders for former scUM commit and the #1 RB in the country Damien Harris. I think he will be a Buckeye. Nice player, more of the Maurice Jones Drew type than the Carlos Hyde type.

I expect that the #2 player in OH, Jerome Baker will pull the trigger for the Buckeyes when he announces within the next week.

I think we see Matthew Burrell (4* OT from VA) commit in the near future too. He is listed as the #5 OT in the country but I think he will end up inside he is "only" 6'5" and to me he just looks more like a guard. I think he can be either a very athletic guard or an average tackle.

Those 3 plus the 12 other commits brings OSU to 15. The class currently has room for 16, 17 if Sprinkle doesn't end up back on the team. I think ultimately they end up with 20-22 in the class, based on planned attrition.

The Bucks are in on a bunch of other guys Josh Sweat (#2 player in the country), Christian Kirk, etc. but I don't see anyone that I am convinced they end up with. I definitely think they take 4 OL (already have 2, Burrell would be 3). I think we can expect another couple of DBs too.

The Buckeyes have a couple of guys that earned their offers (and subsequently immediately committed) at camp. If you have read this site for any period of time, then you know how I feel about camp offers. I am pretty excited about Grant Schmidt, OT from SD. He has the right attitude and work ethic, I am betting he ends up as a 2 year starter.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: Quick 2015 updates

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am

^ Muchos Gracias

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Return to College Sports Arena