Text Size

College Sports Arena

Winston

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Winston

Unread postby bookelly » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:54 am

FSU QB on the hot seat. Word is due tomorrow about possible rape charges.

Assuming a win against MSU this weekend (jinx) are we looking at a wounded FSU regardless of the charges/lack of charges tomorrow? This MUST be a distraction heading into the SEC C-game against Mizzu.

Interesting development for sure.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Re: Winston

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:50 am

FSU is in the ACC and will be playing perennial powerhouse Duke in the CG.

I'm sure this has got to be a huge distraction though. I hadn't heard that they had set a deadline for charges. I wonder how voters will repond?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby noles1 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:56 am

They didn't set a deadline for charges, they simply have exhausted themselves on the investigation.

He is not going to be charged from what I have gathered thru multiple people with ties to the area. Tons of internet rumor-type stuff that I think they will try to clear up a bit during the presser today. Basically will be damage control from what I have gathered.

The distraction stuff is overblown. I'd be more inclined to worry about the "award circuit" syndrome after all this is behind him. (ala Troy Smith) And Urban Meyer getting a month to prepare. FSU will handle Duke. OSU has a dogfight on their hands. Mizzou is beating Auburn in my opinion.

The other rumor that is gaining a ton of steam is a potential domino effect that may happen if one coach in Bama decides to a few hundred miles west...
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:13 am

My gut says no charges, which is great if he's innocent, we have to trust the system to some degree & I personally do. So how ever it comes down is OK with me. Regarding this investigation my issues going forward would be with the supposed police department and their tactics.

So if this is going to be a distraction it will be so only any longer if charges are made. Having said all that, if he is charged, and then NA for the remaining two games I still have a hard time seeing FSU not get in as long as they just win v Duke. What would twist it all up for FSU is the continuing SEC mantra.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby pup » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:24 am

You don't hold press conferences to announce you are arresting someone. You hold them to explain why you are not.

If he was being charged, he would be in custody today.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:54 am

pup wrote:You don't hold press conferences to announce you are arresting someone. You hold them to explain why you are not.

If he was being charged, he would be in custody today.

I pretty much agree, it's really kind of sad it happens like that, and some people wonder where distrust or lack of confidence in the system comes from. I hope the kid is truly innocent if that's the case.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:23 pm

Yeah there's no charges coming. They obviously had a sexual encounter from the DNA, but there probably is no evidence it was forced. The whole story has been really odd from the get. Until the DNA came to light I was convinced he had nothing to with it at all given the discrepancy in height and weight in the woman's description.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:34 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Yeah there's no charges coming. They obviously had a sexual encounter from the DNA, but there probably is no evidence it was forced. The whole story has been really odd from the get. Until the DNA came to light I was convinced he had nothing to with it at all given the discrepancy in height and weight in the woman's description.

Per ESPN, no charges to be filed.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Spin » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:26 pm

FSU supporters finally met her "price".
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby noles1 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:44 pm

Police released the initial findings and to say the accuser had some holes would be an understatement.

BAC levels did not come out high, no drug related in her system, yet she couldn't remember almost anything. Had sex with her boyfriend the same evening hence the additional DNA. Unable to identify the accused until sometime after. Never met, yet there was some evidence of "FSU athlete chasing". Eye witness collaboration from Winston vs. Accuser witness having been told by her after, none of witnesses actually saw the act being done. Accusers story "moved around a bit"...

Only two people truly know what actually happened but based on the evidence from the report suffice to say some things don't match up.

Interesting to note that Oakland University basketball team had 2 players suspended and ran thru the coals about a month and a half ago and yet all that was investigated and completed in the span of 2 weeks. The fact this whole process took as long as it did or was conjured back up is beyond strange, as well. Meigs was in full damage control today. He wanted to make sure he said the right things to avoid litigation from both parties.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:47 pm

Loved all the laughing and poor jokes. Really classy press conference when peoples' lives hang in the balance.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:16 pm

A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby jb » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:29 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Loved all the laughing and poor jokes. Really classy press conference when peoples' lives hang in the balance.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/report-jameis-winston-not-charged-sexual-assault-case-185031733--ncaaf.html

Winston's attorney said that the sex was consensual after a DNA sample taken from Winston in November matched the one taken from the accuser in the hours after the assault was reported. However, there was also a second DNA profile found on the alleged victim's shorts. Per the investigation documents, Winston "was excluded as the source of the DNA profile from the victim's shorts and could not be either included or excluded as a contributor to the foreign DNA profile recovered from the victim's face [based on the limited nature of the profile obtained from the victim's face]."

Good Christ. I don't even want to kknow what a high powered defense attorney would have done to that young lady.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby pup » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:31 pm

Basically 3 people were interviewed. Chic and 2 other football players that were there.

Both football players said she basically followed Winston all over the bar and nearly forced herself into the cab. Then they watched the whole thing, from BJ to sex. When one walked into the room, she kicked him out.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby furls » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:37 pm

jb wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Loved all the laughing and poor jokes. Really classy press conference when peoples' lives hang in the balance.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/report-jameis-winston-not-charged-sexual-assault-case-185031733--ncaaf.html

Winston's attorney said that the sex was consensual after a DNA sample taken from Winston in November matched the one taken from the accuser in the hours after the assault was reported. However, there was also a second DNA profile found on the alleged victim's shorts. Per the investigation documents, Winston "was excluded as the source of the DNA profile from the victim's shorts and could not be either included or excluded as a contributor to the foreign DNA profile recovered from the victim's face [based on the limited nature of the profile obtained from the victim's face]."

Good Christ. I don't even want to kknow what a high powered defense attorney would have done to that young lady.

Obviously nothing that hasn't already been done to her... too soon? Poor taste? That's what she said.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:24 am

Well if we play FSU in the NCG I wouldn't want it to be without the star QB. We win on Saturday and Urban has his work cut out for him. Our D needs to be better and our offense needs to look like it did vs PSU.

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Unread postby jb » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:39 am

"I wish I could change the color of money. I never wear green."
- Dee Miller

One step at a time brah.

We'll score but not at will. D needs to stop playing like they're Hiram. Else we don't need to worry about Winston.

Espn picking Sparty. Heh. Melt away.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:29 am

Giving Spraty respect is one thing, but for so many media guys to pick them, and for some they WAY they are picking them is just plain dumb. It's strength v. strength, but the weakness of both teams (MSU O v OSU D) does favor the Buckeyes. MSU relies on the run game, that plays to the limited strength of our D.

The pressure is on MSU's D, as the most potential for explosiveness and taking over the game sits with the Buckeye's offense.

FUDU

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:46 pm

jb wrote:Espn picking Sparty. Heh. Melt away.

tWWL staring down a month of having to hype up a SEC-free BCS bowl. It warms the cockles of my heart. Or maybe the sub-cockle region.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Return to College Sports Arena