Text Size

College Sports Arena

TTUN "the game" week

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Re: TTUN "the game" week

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:58 pm

scUM's offense has more weapons that can hurt an OSU defense than MSU IMO. If you can stuff MSU's run game, I think our pass rush could get decent pressure on the QB. Bosa is just an absolute beast.

I just wanna say, I think a scUM player threw the first punch at Wilson, but he threw one back and then another. It also looked like a scUM player ripped his helmet off. Hall had NO reason to leave the sideline, and giving the crowd the finger was as the double play of dumbfuckness.

If we have either for the CCG, i'd be surprised.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:02 pm

Fuck them. We won. Eat it bitches.

That win is close enough for Hoke to keep his job. Another year of mediocrity up North. Where do I sign up for that?
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:03 pm

Hoke will be fired.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:04 pm

FWIW, I think that scUM LB that ripped WIlson's helmet off started it all. He should be banned if anyone for his team's next game. As for Hall, he is now my facebook profile picture! If your getting tossed that is the way to go. I met Marcus a few years ago and he is a good kid. He was working at a gas station off of 271/90 ramp out there near Richmond Heights.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:06 pm

I'm with Furls, I think him making that a game is enough for him to get another year.

BTW, Furls, how impressive was that tub of goo, Green? That frosh really showed his stuff with those devastating 1.2 yard runs.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:28 pm

Hall's gesture was great. Can't say that I haven't done something similar in that stadium- when we won in '05, I certainly rushed the field with a bird or two.

I don't give a shit about class when it comes to that team. Fuck 'em all. I've been in that stadium for a loss, it's not a fun place to be. I've been in Joe Lewis Arena for losses in the CCHA tournament to those guys. It blows. They are some of the most morally superior smug fans ever, and having them eat it is freaking awesome.

Pat Efling looked great by the way. Kid has a good future.
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:55 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:That was a rivalry game.

From mile highs, to fist pounding rage all in one game.

I do not give a FUCK about what the margin of victory assholes have to babble about. We won....

Hyde's one mistake made that a much closer game than I think it would have ended up anyhow, OSU was on the march again.

Watching Bama-Auburn, and one babbling asshole is Tim Brando, who is in studio and is already calling "controversy" if tOSU gets to the NCG.

As bad as the WWL is, Brando is the cocksuckingiest SEC shill out of all the cocksucking SEC shills.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:23 pm

If Hyde doesn't fumble, we win 49-35. The Michigan D wasn't stopping anyone, and would have pressed after we went up 2 TDs again. But I knew they would tie it up as soon as he fumbled.
fairvis

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:52 pm

Hall's actions were unacceptable, on the field and off, he should have never been on the field for that to begin with. He might be off the team?

I think the play was enforced as best/fair as possible.

Hyde owned michigan like few OSU RBs ever have. Braxton took too long to get comfortable, and used his legs too late on too many plays.

Credit to scum for showing up, b/c I never expected that game.

If our D stepped up in the least that game was over at start of 4Q.

FUDU

Unread postby cappy1920 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:31 pm

And....Auburn wins! What happens now?
cappy1920

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:34 pm

Incredible, credit to Auburn ST coach. Seriously. Suck it Saban.

FUDU

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:00 pm

cappy1920 wrote:And....Auburn wins! What happens now?

Buckeyes get fucked in the ass in 3, 2, 1...........
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby bac5665 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:33 pm

OSU-FSU!!!!

War Eagle!
bac5665

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Bug Selig

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:14 am

Good game guys, everything a rivalry should be. And Hyde's fumble just balanced out Gardner's, it was an even game. You earned a shot at the whole thing though, good luck the rest of the way.

Was definitely not the game I wanted, that is for sure. Much better showing from TTUN than I thought we would get. I will give Borges some serious credit, he coached his ass off and embarrassed the OSU defensive staff. The scUM offensive staff put its players in positions to make plays all game long. One of the better coaching performances I have seen all year long. It has to be frustrating for TTUN fans because where was that playcalling all year?
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Favorite Player: Mario Lemieux
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:18 am

Kingpin74 wrote:Good game guys, everything a rivalry should be. And Hyde's fumble just balanced out Gardner's, it was an even game. You earned a shot at the whole thing though, good luck the rest of the way.

This should be somewhat sobering to Buckeye fans. I know it's a bit worrisome to me. I said earlier that the game concerned me because it's a rivalry game and goofy shit happens.

But ya know what? No goofy shit happened yesterday. The fight wasn't goofy, it was stupidity personified by Wilson and Hall. But all day that game was close because the Buckeye defense was pathetic. Took them about...well... they still haven't figured out the throwback screen. They tackled poorly. They turned tackles for loss into 4 yard gains, they left guys running wide open.

That wasn't a fluky game. That was OSU on a bad day against Michigan on a good one. On the road. In a rivalry game. My fear was giving the Wolverines hope early and it being a game.

Well, they were three yards from Fickell's head on a platter and three yards from out of the title picture.

Great win.

Better get better. Quickly.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby furls » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:43 am

Fickell's GP was terrible and scUM's was great. That simple. OSU's execution was terrible on D (Brax did miss some open receivers too). TERRIBLE and they were lucky to escape, fortunately Al Borges saved one poor play call for the end of the game. I have no idea why he didn't give Gardner a run-pass option to finish the game, but I am glad he didn't.

Fickell's head should still roll, hopefully to Miami of OH. He is indirectly responsible for the execution of the defense which was bad, but he is directly responsible for the play of the LBs which has been abysmal. The only LB on the field that is worth a shit is Shazier and he is largely the same player he was a freshman, leading me to believe he is just naturally a bad ass. The lack of development of Sabino was a data point. The lack of development of another elite LB prospect, Curtis Grant, is a trend.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby pod2dawg » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:00 am

Michigan is loaded with talent. Yesterday, it clicked. They should be embarrassed of their play this year otherwise. We helped Hoke cement his place there for a long time to come. They have served notice. We don't ever have to worry about them "showing up" again.

Had we lost , coupled with Auburn's miracle may have driven me to deeper psychosis.
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:34 pm

furls wrote:Fickell's GP was terrible and scUM's was great. That simple. OSU's execution was terrible on D (Brax did miss some open receivers too). TERRIBLE and they were lucky to escape, fortunately Al Borges saved one poor play call for the end of the game. I have no idea why he didn't give Gardner a run-pass option to finish the game, but I am glad he didn't.

Fickell's head should still roll, hopefully to Miami of OH. He is indirectly responsible for the execution of the defense which was bad, but he is directly responsible for the play of the LBs which has been abysmal. The only LB on the field that is worth a shit is Shazier and he is largely the same player he was a freshman, leading me to believe he is just naturally a bad ass. The lack of development of Sabino was a data point. The lack of development of another elite LB prospect, Curtis Grant, is a trend.

I think it was because Gardner was banged up and leg was affected. But still, I would have gone for two if I'm Hoke. I said as much watching the final drive. But after I lined up in the formation and Urban called timeout, I think you have to change the play/formation/etc.

Urban called that time out because he recognized the formation and the routes on it from film study. He set his defense to it. UM didn't adjust and route was easily jumped (and Gardner stared down the receiver and made a shitty throw to complete the holy trinity of shitty play call, execution and result).

Fickell can leave next Sunday morning for all I care. Win or lose the BTCG he can interview and go. OSU has more than repaid the debt owed to Fickell for falling on the post-Tressel season sword. He'll always be a Buckeye and loved as such and he's welcome back down the road in some capacity, but it's time to let Urban's guys completely run the show with Urban's kids.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:32 pm

michigan showed up, credit to them. We didn't pull a no show but IMO we had some degree of complacency for much of the first half. I think our players expected scum to fold once we got on the board.

I still disagree with the 2pt conversion, but agree that the play call was poor. On the road I could see the justification of going for it, not at home. IMO Hoke cheated his kids out of a better chance of winning by avoiding OT. michigan's kids we're ready to play yesterday, and they played to maybe their highest level on offense all season.

OSU had to earn that in the end, and the fact that the game was won by the D having to come through to make a play might mean something for the final two games, who knows.

FUDU

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:12 pm

I disagree. I think with the OSU running game with Hyde and Miller, the Buckeyes would have a clear advantage in the red zone OT of college football. I still think the 2pt conversion was the right call. I was absolutely terrified.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:22 pm

motherscratcher wrote:I disagree. I think with the OSU running game with Hyde and Miller, the Buckeyes would have a clear advantage in the red zone OT of college football. I still think the 2pt conversion was the right call. I was absolutely terrified.

If there was no other intention of that 2pt attempt than to simply scare the crap out of OSU fan, then it absolutely worked, I was very nervous.

Good point about OT and our running game, IMO the feel and flow of the game was such that michigan was more than capable of making a play on D to keep them in it.

Of course I would be bitching about it if it went to OT and we lost, I reserve that right as a fan.

FUDU

Unread postby jb » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:47 pm

furls wrote:Fickell's GP was terrible and scUM's was great. That simple. OSU's execution was terrible on D (Brax did miss some open receivers too). TERRIBLE and they were lucky to escape, fortunately Al Borges saved one poor play call for the end of the game. I have no idea why he didn't give Gardner a run-pass option to finish the game, but I am glad he didn't.

Eye says Coombs gets a free pass & Fickle takes the heat. Any truth?

I think Fickle needs to be transferred to Development. Raise $ from former athletes. No free pass for Vrable either.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:49 pm

pod2dawg wrote:Michigan is loaded with talent. Yesterday, it clicked. They should be embarrassed of their play this year otherwise. We helped Hoke cement his place there for a long time to come. They have served notice. We don't ever have to worry about them "showing up" again.

Had we lost , coupled with Auburn's miracle may have driven me to deeper psychosis.

They have talent but there were also matchup issues.

Their D is like an Ohio 3 star all star team.

Oh, and Sugar Shane is gonna suck.
jb

Unread postby pod2dawg » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:29 pm

^^^^ yeh, there were match-up issues alright.....both D's got "swagged." Both D's got ********************. They ain't Purdue or Wake Forest ;) so no xcuses. Our LB's play like YSU. It ain't brain surgery....

Shazier is an OLB playing inside. Our next best ILB(s) are redshirting or hopefully finishing his senior year at HS in Georgia.

Mosely....or Moseby?
pod2dawg

Unread postby pod2dawg » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:32 pm

^^^^ yeh, there were match-up issues alright.....both D's got "swagged." Both D's got ********************. They ain't Purdue or Wake Forest ;) so no xcuses. Our LB's play like YSU. It ain't brain surgery....

Shazier is an OLB playing inside. Our next best ILB(s) are redshirting or hopefully finishing his senior year at HS in Georgia.

Mosely....or Moseby?
pod2dawg

Unread postby pod2dawg » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:33 pm

Mosely....or Moseby?
pod2dawg

Unread postby pod2dawg » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:34 pm

Mosely....or Moseby?
pod2dawg

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:34 pm

Holy shitballs Pod...get ahold of yourself.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:11 pm

I don't blame Hoke for going for it...that was the right call in my opinion.

By the way, they score there and there is 30 seconds or so on the clock so still a pretty good chance that Braxton drives the team down the field for at least a field goal. In CFB 30 seconds for an offense like ours is an eternity. Hoke and Matison would have been playing deep and the sidelines leaving the middle open for Braxton to run and to hit tight ends running posts. With our hurry up offense and the clock stopping after every first down I still thought we would win even if they scored.

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:16 pm

Oh yeh, my biggest fear before the game was our soft zone and scUM going with a short passing game.

Is that soft zone scheme just about our coaching staff knowing that we can outscore any of the teams on our schedule and figuring if you want to score you are going to drive a long field with short passes and runs and execute everything perfectly? If so, it clearly worked with our relatively weak out of conference schedule and B1G schedule but I don't think it's going to work against FSU.

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:18 pm

YahooFanChicago wrote:I don't blame Hoke for going for it...that was the right call in my opinion.

By the way, they score there and there is 30 seconds or so on the clock so still a pretty good chance that Braxton drives the team down the field for at least a field goal. In CFB 30 seconds for an offense like ours is an eternity. Hoke and Matison would have been playing deep and the sidelines leaving the middle open for Braxton to run and to hit tight ends running posts. With our hurry up offense and the clock stopping after every first down I still thought we would win even if they scored.

I thought initially he signaled "two" to solely get the Buckeyes to burn their final timeout. Had he then gone for the PAT and played OT I would have been more impressed than going for two and staying with the same formation and play call.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:31 pm

Yeah I thought the same, that it was a ploy.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:31 pm

The fight wasn't goofy, it was stupidity personified by Wilson and Hall

I'm going to defend Wilson a bit here... scUM threw the first punch and ripped off his helmet, so the first punch thrown by Wilson was justified. The second was the mistake, not that I mind seeing a dirty scUM player getting punched in the throat, it's that he didn't have a helmet and the half blind refs saw it.

Hall was just fucking stupid, stay on the sideline. His replacement seemed to play just fine though.

This type of game is what you should expect from this rivalry. Every game we play is with a huge target on our backs and scUM gave it their best shot knowing they had nothing to lose.

I said before the game the keys would be not fucking up on special teams and allowing the big play. To both of these I give OSU a D-. The fight was the ultimate ST fuckup seeing how you lost 2 key players. The big play was the only thing that kept scUM in the game because our D secondary got lost like Hansel and Gretel. It's a;ways a guy like Dileo that hurts us on 3rd and long. Pesky little white guys.....

And I consider Hyde's fumble the mother of all flukes.

All in all I'm happy we won, images of the 90's flooded my brain.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby jb » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:52 pm

motherscratcher wrote:Holy shitballs Pod...get ahold of yourself.

At least do the courtesy flush of self delete after you see ur OS leaves an accidental upper decker. The Glade spray is that little X icon brah.
jb

Unread postby jb » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:56 pm

Hoke absolutely positively made the right move.

The Ds were getting rolled and he was playing with big house money. The moral victory was in the bag UNLESS he pussed out and lost in OT. Then the "Michigan Men" come out of their holes...

Had they made it Hoke is a legend. The Bo 69 comparisons would be all you'd read.

It was a no brainier.
jb

Unread postby jb » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:59 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
The fight wasn't goofy, it was stupidity personified by Wilson and Hall

I'm going to defend Wilson a bit here... scUM threw the first punch and ripped off his helmet, so the first punch thrown by Wilson was justified. The second was the mistake, not that I mind seeing a dirty scUM player getting punched in the throat, it's that he didn't have a helmet and the half blind refs saw it.

Hall was just fucking stupid, stay on the sideline. His replacement seemed to play just fine though.

This type of game is what you should expect from this rivalry. Every game we play is with a huge target on our backs and scUM gave it their best shot knowing they had nothing to lose.

I said before the game the keys would be not fucking up on special teams and allowing the big play. To both of these I give OSU a D-. The fight was the ultimate ST fuckup seeing how you lost 2 key players. The big play was the only thing that kept scUM in the game because our D secondary got lost like Hansel and Gretel. It's a;ways a guy like Dileo that hurts us on 3rd and long. Pesky little white guys.....

And I consider Hyde's fumble the mother of all flukes.

All in all I'm happy we won, images of the 90's flooded my brain.

I know. After Yabbadabbadoo gashed us all I could think was What the Dilleo ?
jb

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:07 am

Ummm.... Okay.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby furls » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:09 am

You know, I don't really know what to make of Coombs. I think he is a great motivator and recruiter, but our secondary has not been great. I am not sure what his role in the secondary scheme. He is NOT the DB coach, he is the corner's coach. Everett Withers is the Safety coach and co-DC. If I were a betting man, I would bet Withers is in charge of coordinating the back of the D, therefore he is really the guy to blame for a lot of the scheme stuff back there.

As for the CBs, we saw a step increase in Roby's play last year and a regression this year, probably due to Roby trying to get himself in the top 5 or something and leaving his technique behind. You have also seen a GIGANTIC leap in Doran Grant's play. I was about to write Grant off, but now I think he is the kind of guy that could really blow up next year. He is very tough. Extremely strong kid. The way OSU uses its Boundary CB as a force player in the run game really leverages Grant's abilities. He will move next year and replace Roby and we won't miss a beat. So I think Coombs is doing a good job as a CB coach. I just don't know what to make of his role in the "soft zone."

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby StewieG » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:46 am

Is this a case of too many cooks in the kitchen? You've got 2 DC's, one for the secondary, one for the front 7? Do they sometimes not understand what the other one is doing? Genuinely curious to hear your thoughts on that.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby fairvis » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:08 am

furls wrote: So I think Coombs is doing a good job as a CB coach. I just don't know what to make of his role in the "soft zone."

Not to mention that Cam Burrows looked pretty good spelling Grant last week. Plus he's an insane recruiter and a fiery presence that everyone loves.

Fickell will most likely take a HC job this off-season, I'd think. Allow him to take the high road in all of this.
fairvis

Unread postby furls » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:35 pm

FWIW, I am 100% behind Wilon's actions. They swarmed him, one of the scUM players ripped his fucking helmet off. I give the kid a lot of props for standing his ground. I don't care where you are, you don't get punked like that.

On some submarines there is a rule that if the ship is at periscope depth, you are not allowed to take your eyes out of the periscope even for a second. One day, someone called out to me to alert me to something that was going on. I took my eyes out of the scope for a second, and my XO (the captain's #2 guy) tried to shove my head back into the eyepiece. I turned looked at him and said, "That is the one time, EVER, that you get to touch me." I don't care who it is, you don't let people put their hands on you, not ever. If it was just a facemask, yeah you let that shit go, they picked a fight with him and honestly, he needed to defend himself. The refs didn't throw any flags before they melee started although they certainly could've (should've?).

I also don't have an issue with any of his teammates coming to his aid. I would prefer it be in the JT Moore way (breaking up the fight), but sometimes punches need to be thrown too.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:49 pm

Rewatch the first 10 seconds of the fight. It was clearly an orchestrated act by the scUM ST unit. They all swarmed as he was getting up and obviously something was going on in there. The refs should've done something. I don't expect the kid to beg for his life, I expect him to fight for it.

I want to know why all those guys got the idea, at the same time to swarm the kid. I am not implying that Hoke sanctioned that shit, but it was CLEARLY orchestrated.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:05 pm

Yeah the way they swarmed him was strange, not something you'd think would happen without some type of intent. While Wilson was the bigger lose talent wise, Hall simply had no business getting involved IMO.

Semi-related note, is there any tension with Urban and Mark Dantonio due to comments when Urban first come into the conference?

FUDU

Unread postby fairvis » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:44 am

BTN is just killing it with their coverage of things. Here's there latest director's cut of the Game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLc4UBWnZpU

Absolutely awesome coverage of everything.
fairvis

Unread postby furls » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:48 pm

I like the BTN alot. They do a ton of BA stuff. The only problem is that they really have limited content and there are a couple of on-air folks that NEED replaced. DiNardo sucks. Teddy sucks. Howard Griffith does a great job.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby jb » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:14 pm

What is this "BTN" you all speak of? That shit I have to go to see at BW's casue no cable networks offer it?
jb

Unread postby furls » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:17 pm

DirecTV does.

Their special, Tiebreaker about the 1973 Game was AMAZING.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby neoleo » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:42 am

furls wrote:DirecTV does.

I agree. That and the Journey (basketball and football) are worth the cost of whatever sports pack you need on DirecTV to get it.

I never watch ESPN anymore unless it's a live game (and FS1 sucks too). I keep it locked on BTN for the most part. I agree with you though, I wish they could improve some of their on air talent, and I also hope they start producing more original content like the documentary and the journey. The Big Ten Elite series is pretty good where they focus on great teams from the past, they just don't produce enough of them imo.
neoleo
CSU Beat Guy

Favorite Player: Norris Cole
Least Favorite Player: number 6

Unread postby Juannieboy » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:57 pm

Yes . It was great to see how butt hurt and bitter the players from Ann Arbor Community College are after all these years. Must see TV! Love it!
I'm Polish...what's your excuse?
Juannieboy

Favorite Player: Gary?
Least Favorite Player: Trombone

Unread postby Govbarney » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:03 pm

neoleo wrote:

I agree. That and the Journey (basketball and football) are worth the cost of whatever sports pack you need on DirecTV to get it.

I never watch ESPN anymore unless it's a live game (and FS1 sucks too). I keep it locked on BTN for the most part. I agree with you though, I wish they could improve some of their on air talent, and I also hope they start producing more original content like the documentary and the journey. The Big Ten Elite series is pretty good where they focus on great teams from the past, they just don't produce enough of them imo.

Tiebreaker was great, cant wait to see more B1GN "30 for 30s".
I cant do anything but games, on ESPN or FS1 anymore. But I have been impressed by NBCSN up to this point.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports Arena