Text Size

College Sports Arena

Week 7: Who you got?

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Week 7: Who you got?

Unread postby furls » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:46 am

1485 - 260 from last week: 1225 YTD.

Last week was a disaster, and I was a Bosa TD away from dropping my entire 1K in picks. After a hot start, I have been middling for the last couple of weeks.

IU+10 vs. Sparty for a 100. Sparty's O is just too bad to cover that, and I think IU could actually win this one, not sure I feel good enough to take the moneyline at 300.

Navy +4.5 vs. Duke for 100. Triple option is a real PITA and I don't think Duke has the horses to adapt to that O in one week.

UF +8 vs. LSU. 100 Lot of points, UF's O is bad, their D is good and I am not really a believer in LSU.

UMD -5 vs. UVA 100.

Wisco -10 vs. NW. 100 I don't think NW bounces back well and whisky has had 2 weeks to prepare and a week with OSU's film to show them exactly how to use the power run game to gash NW.

UW +13 vs. Oregon. 100 I think this game could be close (or Oregon will win by 100). I am buying UW to keep it close at home.

PSU moneyline over scUM at 130 for 200. scUM is just not good, beating Minny doesn't change that.

Stanford -8 for 200.

Lots of Picks, nothing I love though.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: Week 7: Who you got?

Unread postby furls » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:06 pm

Didn't take IU long to score... now MSU has the insurmountable task of scoring 17 points in 58 and a half minutes with a Jim Bollman offense to force a push. That pick looks FANTASTIC now.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:07 pm

Can't remember a time when I was more unconcerned with the Red River Rivalry. I just don't care. Oklahoma is overrated and crappy and Texas is AWFUL.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:22 pm

Looks like Bert is getting some #Karma shoved right up his ass today by the Ole' Ball Corch.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:15 pm

FTR I enjoy watching your "betting" season unfold from the outside. Especially since you often include your logic behind the moves.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:24 pm

I, personally enjoy Aaron Murray and UGA being exposed as being Aaron Murray and UGA.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:53 pm

I as well, and today looks to be that Saturday in college football we get every year. If it doesn't end up that way it will finish a close second.

It's a shame our D is questionable, might not be a more beatable pool of defenses like this again for a few years.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Return to College Sports Arena