Text Size

College Sports Arena

More crap going on at 'Bama

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

More crap going on at 'Bama

Unread postby furls » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:03 pm

I only care in the, "How fucking useless is the NCAA?" sense, but it is worth mentioning that after the DJ Fluker report by Yahoo!sports that now it is coming out that HaHa Clinton-Dix is suspended for receiving a short term (and already repaid) loan from a S&C coach at 'Bama.

I read somewhere, don't remember where, that someone had broken into his car and stole a bunch of stuff so HaHa borrowed 500.00 from a coach. Personally, I don't think it is a big deal except that it is a staff member at 'Bama knowingly breaking the rules.

The NCAA really is a sinking ship right now, so I expect this to be handled in the dumbest possible way. Either they will simply accept 'Bama's findings as fact and move on (like the Manziel situation or Cam Newton) or they will drag this thing out until long after HaHa has been reinstated (hell he will probably be getting an NFL paycheck) and slap 'Bama with a 2743 year bowl ban. I think Emmert will try to figure out which is dumber and just go that way.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: More crap going on at 'Bama

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:47 pm

There's only one post here. No double.

Everything okay?
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643