Text Size

College Sports Arena

Kehres to step down at Mount Union

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Kehres to step down at Mount Union

Unread postby danwismar » Wed May 08, 2013 10:53 am

Just got word from the school that Larry Kehres has decided to step down as head coach at Mount Union, to be succeeded by his son Vince, who becomes head coach effective immediately.

Kehres will stay on with the school as A.D. Press release coming soon...later today.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Re: Kehres to step down at Mount Union

Unread postby jerryroche » Wed May 08, 2013 12:10 pm

The guy has his head on straight—quality guy. He's 63 now and retiring on top. What better way to go out, especially since Vince can carry on the Mount Union/Kehres tradition.

I met Larry when he was an assistant to Ken Wable back in the early '80s. Will put a congratulatory card in the mail to him today. Nice guys finish first.
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Ol' No.32
Least Favorite Player: Black & gold

Re: Kehres to step down at Mount Union

Unread postby danwismar » Thu May 09, 2013 11:36 am

Kehres was the senior quarterback (and my dorm RA) when I was a freshman at MUC...and Wable was the coach. I was friends with Wable's two sons, and lived in the same house with the older one for a time.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Return to College Sports Arena