Text Size

College Sports Arena

Consolidated 2012 Recruiting Post

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Re: Consolidated 2012 Recruiting Post

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:10 pm

JCoz wrote:Doesn't change the fact that in recruiting, Tress was on an UPWARD trajectory post 2005, basically the opposite of what you are saying here.

Coz, not to be a prick, although I've decided to be one today, but I don't give a flying fuck about recruiting service ratings. I agree with Meyer as to how you evaluate a recruiting class.Ray Charles could see the talent level at tOSU dropped the past 4 - 6 years since the mid oughts. Probably even Tree could see it.
Last edited by jb on Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:12 pm

Hence the "lull". Remember that the lull here is a product of recruiting classes that are not very recent, and cover some of his worst rated classes.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:13 pm

JCoz wrote:Hence the "lull". Remember that the lull here is a product of recruiting classes that are not very recent, and cover some of his worst rated classes.

Explain this past season.
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:15 pm

danwismar wrote:Funny though, how you seem to take some run of the mill observations and turn it into people asserting Tressel's insufferable awfulness or the sycophantic fellating of the new lord and master ...or whatever. Don't get that.

Yeah. YEAH!

What Danny wrote.

Atta boi, Luther! Go get him for me. :pop:
jb

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:16 pm

jb wrote:
JCoz wrote:Hence the "lull". Remember that the lull here is a product of recruiting classes that are not very recent, and cover some of his worst rated classes.

Let's pretend that Tategate never happens for a second here.

Without any suspended players, this team was likely to go undefeated in this poor year for the Big Ten, probably undefeated.

You'd likely have seen Posey, Pryor, Adams, and Brewster all selected in the first 2 rounds this year.
JCoz

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:17 pm

JCoz wrote:Fact is that on paper, Tressel's 08-11 Classes beat the pants off his earlier recruiting, and this would have been an outstanding class as well, not much lower at all than where Meyer is sitting.

Gimme a 3 star Hawk over a 4 star Sabino every day of the week.

Recruiting rankings don't matter to me in the fall 3 seasons later.
jb

Unread postby gnati » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:19 pm

jb wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
jb wrote:
Heyward, Hines, Robiskie, Hartline, Pryor, Spitler, Chekwa, Wells, Rob Sims, Saine, Dane, Browning, B Rolle, K Coleman, J Cordle, Ross Homan, J Boren, etc. , etc....et al all > 2005.

EXACTLY!!! Not a fuckin' impact Sunday player in the bunch.

Impact? Shit, there are more guys who will be out of the league next year than there are starters in that list...

Jake Ballard might be the best of the bunch, and isnt on that list because...well, I think we all know why.

Loved Tress, but JB is spot on. A great start to his career at tOSU followed by slippage that was covered up by the worst stretch of combined UM and PSU football in...maybe ever...there was nobody but the middle feeders to challenge anymore, and by the end they were.
gnati

Favorite Player: .
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:21 pm

JCoz wrote:
jb wrote:

Let's pretend that Tategate never happens for a second here.

Without any suspended players, this team was likely to go undefeated in this poor year for the Big Ten, probably undefeated.

You'd likely have seen Posey, Pryor, Adams, and Brewster all selected in the first 2 rounds this year.

I might arm rassle yah on Peezy as pro or Brewster at C

So 4 senior players, all on offense, make the dif between undefeated and a losing season in a mediocre BCS conference? Even if I were to agree (didja SEE that defense?)dDoesn't that make a statement about the overall state of recruiting?

I know good football teams. Wasted a lot of my life watching. This group wasn't 4 players short of undefeated.
jb

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:21 pm

People love to throw that around.

Fact is that 4 stars and 5 stars "hit" at a % orders of magnitude higher than 3 stars and below. That's just the simple truth.

Are there plenty of airballs in recruiting evaluation? Sure there are its no different than the NFL.

You might as well be telling me that you'd rather have a 7th rounder all day over a 1st round pick because Tom Brady is better than Brady Quinn.
JCoz

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:23 pm

JCoz wrote:People love to throw that around.

Fact is that 4 stars and 5 stars "hit" at a % orders of magnitude higher than 3 stars and below. That's just the simple truth.

Are there plenty of airballs in recruiting evaluation? Sure there are its no different than the NFL.

You might as well be telling me that you'd rather have a 7th rounder all day over a 1st round pick because Tom Brady is better than Brady Quinn.

Far point to a degree. I have to agree. But ultimately, where does the output/accountability measure lie?

You can't evaluate like as if you are Phil Savage.
jb

Unread postby danwismar » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:23 pm

peeker643 wrote:Heyward, Hines, Robiskie, Hartline, Pryor, Spitler, Chekwa, Wells, Rob Sims, Saine, Dane, Browning, B Rolle, K Coleman, J Cordle, Ross Homan, J Boren, etc. , etc....et al all > 2005.

I would disagree with JB in that I think Heyward and Wells are "impact" guys, (as is Jenkins) and Hartline is having a much better NFL career than I thought he could/would. But the rest are really borderline NFL talents, you must admit.

You are absolutely right about one thing you said earlier though. You can have all the databases in the world, and it comes down to relationships, and how well the coach can talk to Mom in the prospect's living room. I will say that nobody I have ever seen was as good at that as Tressel was. Maybe Woody.

Now, that matters to some kids, and not to others...so it has an impact on the type of kid you can recruit. Tressel, IMO, raised the level of "person"...I mean character...of the kids Ohio State was getting. I have no doubt that level may suffer a bit in the years to come ...strictly because he's gone, and the priorities will be different under the new regime.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:23 pm

I love the fact that Alvarez shit on his coach this week.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:23 pm

gnati wrote:Loved Tress, but JB is spot on.

I assure everyone that this is a first since about 1998.
jb

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:24 pm

jb wrote:I might arm rassle yah on Peezy as pro or Brewster at C

So 4 senior players, all on offense, make the dif between undefeated and a losing season in a mediocre BCS conference? Even if I were to agree (didja SEE that defense?)dDoesn't that make a statement about the overall state of recruiting?

I know good football teams. Wasted a lot of my life watching. This group wasn't 4 players short of undefeated.

I'm not saying they will be good Pro's I was more talking about where they'd be drafted.

And no we weren't 4 players short, we were 4 players and a HC short.

Big difference, but also moot point. It really just doesn't matter at this Point. Meyer is a better coach and recruiter, I dont want it twisted that I'm aruguing otherwise.
Last edited by JCoz on Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JCoz

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:25 pm

danwismar wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Heyward, Hines, Robiskie, Hartline, Pryor, Spitler, Chekwa, Wells, Rob Sims, Saine, Dane, Browning, B Rolle, K Coleman, J Cordle, Ross Homan, J Boren, etc. , etc....et al all > 2005.

I would disagree with JB in that I think Heyward and Wells are "impact" guys, and Hartline is having a much better NFL career than I thought he could/would. But the rest are really borderline NFL talents, you must admit.

You are absolutely right about one thing you said earlier though. You can have all the databases in the world, and it comes down to relationships, and how well the coach can talk to Mom in the prospect's living room. I will say that nobody I have ever seen was as good at that as Tressel was. Maybe Woody.

Now, that matters to some kids, and not to others...so it has an impact on the type of kid you can recruit. Tressel, IMO, raised the level of "person"...I mean character...of the kids Ohio State was getting. I have no doubt that level may suffer a bit in the years to come ...strictly because he's gone, and the priorities will be different under the new regime.

I'll give you Beanie, although look at Zona without a QB.

But Cam Heyward? Impact? Really?
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:26 pm

JCoz wrote:And no we were 4 players short, we were 4 players and a HC short.

Meh. Whole staff. Intact. And Tress was an average game day coach. Plus, to hear it now, they were running a mock. The whole discipline aura was a myth.
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:27 pm

danwismar wrote:Funny though, how you seem to take some run of the mill observations and turn it into people asserting Tressel's insufferable awfulness or the sycophantic fellating of the new lord and master ...or whatever. Don't get that.

Yes you do. It's because hard core college football **fans are sycophantic fellaters of a program and its current coach. Or so I have argued for as many years as we've both been here.

It is now Lord Meyer's turn to unzip.

You can disagree with me but there's zero need to play ignorant to what I mean or why I said it. I'm not at all ashamed to continue to say it. Like I said, look at your twitter timeline and tell me there isn't copious knob swallowing all over the place.

The vast majority of fans and people who six months ago were fellating Tressel, singing at his front door, citing his hospital visits and ready to throw themselves in front of a train for him are now lubing up for Urban after washing their hands of Tressel's remains.

Same type of people who were crying on JoePa's curb and who will defend him to their death. Same shit, different campus. ;-) ;) :wink:

Not saying it's all or any of the folks here. Most people here have some sense. But when I see links or what have you to this kind of stuff, I think of the masses and their willingness to kneel.

If that offends or is tiresome, I apologize.

ETA: **Fan bases. Not fans.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:28 pm

I'm just saying that Tress's recruiting was actually hitting a high IYAM, and I do feel that the shortage was a lull rether than a continued decline.

Tressel was a good recruiter, not someone who just gravytrained off OSU's Brand, which wasn't exactly at an all time high in 2000.
JCoz

Unread postby danwismar » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:28 pm

JCoz wrote:Fact is that on paper, Tressel's 08-11 Classes beat the pants off his earlier recruiting, and this would have been an outstanding class as well, not much lower at all than where Meyer is sitting.

Sorry Coz...gotta call BS on that one. They weren't in the Top 20 on November 28.

With no Meyer, there is no Schutt, no Spence, probably no Pittman, no Dodson, no Williams or Reeves, no Perkins, no Decker.

Just no.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

danwismar

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:31 pm

peeker643 wrote:

Yes you do. It's because hard core college football fans are sycophantic fellaters of a program and its current coach. Or so I have argued for as many years as we've both been here.

It is now Lord Meyer's turn to unzip.

You can disagree with me but there's zero need to play ignorant to what I mean or why I said it. I'm not at all ashamed to continue to say it. Like I said, look at your twitter timeline and tell me there isn't copious knob swallowing all over the place.

The vast majority of fans and people who six months ago were fellating Tressel, singing at his front door, citing his hospital visits and ready to throw themselves in front of a train for him are now lubing up for Urban after washing their hands of Tressel's remains.

Same type of people who were crying on JoePa's curb and who will defend him to their death. Same shit, different campus. ;-) ;) :wink:

Not saying it's all or any of the folks here. Most people here have some sense. But when I see links or what have you to this kind of stuff, I think of the masses and their willingness to kneel.

If that offends or is tiresome, I apologize.

It is less offensive than tiresome. ;-)

Look, I was critical of Tressell in the past. You can't make up that I wasn't. people went ape shit on me. J Coz made about 5 posts arguing otherwise just now.

Your whole philosophical Pogo schtick doesn't fit here.
jb

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:31 pm

danwismar wrote:

Sorry Coz...gotta call BS on that one. They weren't in the Top 20 on November 28.

With no Meyer, there is no Schutt, no Spence, probably no Pittman, no Dodson, no Williams or Reeves, no Perkins, no Decker.

Just no.

Dan I was projecting a fantasy land where tatgate never happened making that comment.

Of course this would have been an awful class if it hadn't.
JCoz

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:32 pm

JCoz wrote:I'm just saying that Tress's recruiting was actually hitting a high IYAM, and I do feel that the shortage was a lull rether than a continued decline.

Tressel was a good recruiter, not someone who just gravytrained off OSU's Brand, which wasn't exactly at an all time high in 2000.

And I never wrote that Tress was anything other than "good". And yet you are disagreeing with me. ;-)
jb

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:33 pm

Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:34 pm

When Tressell went grocery shopping he always got milk, eggs & bread, every single time. Once in a while he would reach for some hot sauce, and usually he would set it back down.

Urban Myer scoffs at Giant Eagle fuel perks.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby danwismar » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:35 pm

jb wrote:But Cam Heyward? Impact? Really?

Projecting of course. He was a rookie on a solid playoff team, and he had some moments. I think he'll develop into a solid NFL D-lineman, if only because of the versatility.

danwismar

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:36 pm

jb wrote:
JCoz wrote:I'm just saying that Tress's recruiting was actually hitting a high IYAM, and I do feel that the shortage was a lull rether than a continued decline.

And I never wrote that Tress was anything other than "good". And yet you are disagreeing with me. ;-)

I know JB, I was disagreeing with your assessment that he was slipping, not your asessement that he was good and Meyer was better.

Tressels recruiting shows his poorest classes were 03-07. Far better from 08-11. And I think the NFL proof would have eventually been in the pudding so to speak, thats all.

Small point to make I guess
JCoz

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:36 pm

danwismar wrote:

I would disagree with JB in that I think Heyward and Wells are "impact" guys, (as is Jenkins) and Hartline is having a much better NFL career than I thought he could/would. But the rest are really borderline NFL talents, you must admit.

I'm fine with that argument. I get it. But for a high school kid it's secondary IMO. They hear 30 players in 4 or 5 years in the NFL and they recognize a program where NFL talent is gathering and developing.

Yes, helps even more when you can rattle off first round picks or Pro Bowlers, but if you're a program that has 30+ guys in the NFL who came from one college coach/recruiter than that carries some impact.

And Tressel did that. And he did it with Holmes and Gamble and the FLA kids as well as the majority of kids from Ohio who had a choice.

Is Meyer better? Yes. But again, I think you're talking BMW vs Mercedes more so than Kia vs Jaguar.

That's all I'm saying. And it seems like people are quick to forget it or demean the dude that's no longer got his name on the door.

That make sense?

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:39 pm

danwismar wrote:

Just no.

Dan are you saying that had tatgate not happened at all that this wouldn't have been one of tressels better classes?
JCoz

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:40 pm

Can we all stop arguing about this stupid shit?

JT was amazing at locking down Ohio talent and talent near his place in Florida (really).

He was incredible at identifying kids during camps that were low star rated and would become superstars (seriously, NO ONE MATCHES HIM AT THIS).

He didn't recruit so much as he sat at home and took his wealth. Guy had a 25% annuity. He took that and did the best archaic things he could with it.

Tress was great at being Tress. Urbs is great at being Urbs.........

Difference is, Tress let the recruiting classes come to him based on Ohio Flux and Urbs dont give a fuck.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:41 pm

JCoz wrote:
danwismar wrote:

Just no.

Dan are you saying that had tatgate not happened at all that this wouldn't have been one of tressels better classes?

He's saying it would have been scUM's class. Take what you will from that.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:45 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Can we all stop arguing about this stupid shit?

JT was amazing at locking down Ohio talent and talent near his place in Florida (really).

He was incredible at identifying kids during camps that were low star rated and would become superstars (seriously, NO ONE MATCHES HIM AT THIS).

He didn't recruit so much as he sat at home and took his wealth. Guy had a 25% annuity. He took that and did the best archaic things he could with it.

Tress was great at being Tress. Urbs is great at being Urbs.........

Difference is, Tress let the recruiting classes come to him based on Ohio Flux and Urbs dont give a fuck.

But you're gonna let me hang on this fickle fan base thing? And the image Meyer had with the same people now slobbing his knob en masse across the state? You know want to jump in on that part of it.

Call me a diva but I ain't living in that world of denial. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby danwismar » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:48 pm

peeker643 wrote: And it seems like people are quick to forget it or demean the dude that's no longer got his name on the door.

That make sense?

It does. And it is especially true because they've now got the Mercedes in the driveway. I imagine the nostalgia for Tressel would be orders of magnitude greater if we were going into 2012 with Tim Beckman or some other unproven schlub.

That said, it wasn't all fellatio of the Vest for 10 years. Don't know about your Twitter timeline, but mine was full of people who were frustrated as hell for years, and were highly critical...even mocking...of Tressel...for all of his perceived flaws as a coach. Takes all kinds.

danwismar

Unread postby danwismar » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:51 pm

JCoz wrote:
danwismar wrote:

Just no.

Well...of the guys I listed above, only perhaps Dodson and Pittman would have been in it. And Kalis...which surely would have helped. So...subtract two 5-stars and four 4-stars from what they got. And add Kalis. I give up. Who knows?

danwismar

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:53 pm

peeker643 wrote:
That make sense?

No. Because you got all extreme and shit. You can't throw down that we are knob goblin', literally, with extreme prejudice and then back walk to a point of reason like as if you were making the same point all along. Thats bogus.

Tress was a good recruiter and a good coach. Folks like J Coz could go Scott Farkas on my arm and I might say "very good". I maintain he was slipping from his apex.

Meyer is great thus far.
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:56 pm

peeker643 wrote:Call me a diva but I ain't living in that world of denial. ;-) ;) :wink:

Delusion... denial... complete fabrication. Whatever term works for the illusion you are creating where former Tressell supporters = We Are State Perv retards ...

Edit - But this has been my fav thread since When White Trash Bench Presses, so its all good.
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:03 pm

jb wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
That make sense?

No. Because you got all extreme and shit. You can't throw down that we are knob goblin', literally, with extreme prejudice and then back walk to a point of reason like as if you were making the same point all along. Thats bogus.

Tress was a good recruiter and a good coach. Folks like J Coz could go Scott Farkas on my arm and I might say "very good". I maintain he was slipping from his apex.

Meyer is great thus far.

NM- My next post sums it up without treading toward being too personal.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:05 pm

Oh shut the fuck up, asshole.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:06 pm

jb wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Call me a diva but I ain't living in that world of denial. ;-) ;) :wink:

Delusion... denial... complete fabrication. Whatever term works for the illusion you are creating where former Tressell supporters = We Are State Perv retards ...

Edit - But this has been my fav thread since When White Trash Bench Presses, so its all good.

Not you. Not Dan. Not JCoz, not anyone specifically here. But if you truly believe Penn State could happen only at Penn State and that that reaction by admin and students isn't the norm as opposed to the exception then I think you're bat shit crazy.

That would happen just the same at OSU, USC, Oklahoma, FSU, etc.

And so would minimizing the abilities/contributions/strengths of an outgoing Lord in order to promote the new Lord.

It just does.

Everywhere.

That's my entire point.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:08 pm

danwismar wrote:Well...of the guys I listed above, only perhaps Dodson and Pittman would have been in it. And Kalis...which surely would have helped. So...subtract two 5-stars and four 4-stars from what they got. And add Kalis. I give up. Who knows?

I think its very hard to project because the trouble started last season, but McMullen might have been in the class, def pittman. I dont think Dodson.

But you really can't go much beyond the early vibes because the disruption was so early on, but I clearly think the class would have been in great shap by Nov 28, far better than it was. I see no reason to think it wouldn't have been top 10.
JCoz

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:11 pm

jb wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
That make sense?

Meyer is great thus far.

Dang it JB. ::doh::

That was my only point.

Oh well, fuck it dude. Let's go bowling.
JCoz

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:11 pm

peeker643 wrote:NM- My next post sums it up without treading toward being too personal.

STFU Peeker. We haven't gotten really personal and nasty in a while. I'm bored. You wanna get nuts? Let's get nuts. LOL.

:group:
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:15 pm

peeker643 wrote:
jb wrote:

Not you. Not Dan. Not JCoz, not anyone specifically here. But if you truly believe Penn State could happen only at Penn State and that that reaction by admin and students isn't the norm as opposed to the exception then I think you're bat shit crazy.

And so would minimizing the abilities/contributions/strengths of an outgoing Lord in order to promote the new Lord.

It just does.

Everywhere.

That's my entire point.

I will maintain that Perv State was a peculiar institution and helped create the perfect storm, in part due to its isolation, but that's another thread.

I just want to know who all of a sudden was knocking Tress to prop up Meyer, and how this whole tangent started. Cause all I'm seeing is one man's philosophy creating a struggle that early doesn't exist throwing out random and wild baseless accusations.
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:26 pm

peeker643 wrote:
jb wrote:

It just does.

Everywhere.

That's my entire point.

Ohioo Statez Hoopz are currently recuriting against Cuse
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby danwismar » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:27 pm

Statement from Urban Meyer just hit my inbox:

---

Statement from Ohio State Head Coach Urban Meyer

“I was pleased to take part in a productive, regularly scheduled meeting of the Big Ten Conference coaches today in Chicago. We had an opportunity to discuss a number of issues with each other and conference staff, including those that have arisen this week. It should be noted that my coaching staff is in full compliance with our recruiting efforts, and no one on this staff did anything illegal or unethical. We will continue to comply with NCAA rules and recruit with relentless effort, especially the great state of Ohio.

“I want to thank Commissioner Delany for his insight and leadership, and at this point we all look forward to moving past this week and getting ready for the start of spring football.”

danwismar

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:30 pm

danwismar wrote:Statement from Urban Meyer just hit my inbox:

---

“I was pleased to take part in a productive, regularly scheduled meeting of the Big Ten Conference coaches today in Chicago. We had an opportunity to discuss a number of issues with each other and conference staff, including those that have arisen this week. It should be noted that my coaching staff is in full compliance with our recruiting efforts, and no one on this staff did anything illegal or unethical. We will continue to comply with NCAA rules and recruit with relentless effort, especially the great state of Ohio.

“I want to thank Commissioner Delany for his insight and leadership, and at this point we all look forward to moving past this week and getting ready for the start of spring football.”

IOW: FUCK YOU EAT MY DICK
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:30 pm

danwismar wrote:Statement from Urban Meyer just hit my inbox:

---

Translation:

Nice try crybabies.

I'm going for two to top 70 on your also ran asses as soon as the talent allows.
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:33 pm

jb wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
jb wrote:

It just does.

Everywhere.

That's my entire point.

I will maintain that Perv State was a peculiar institution and helped create the perfect storm, in part due to its isolation, but that's another thread.

I just want to know who all of a sudden was knocking Tress to prop up Meyer, and how this whole tangent started. Cause all I'm seeing is one man's philosophy creating a struggle that early doesn't exist throwing out random and wild baseless accusations.

Not necessarily knocking Tress JB. But minimizing what he did. You said, good recruiter, or whatever. I think he was great at it. End of day I think Lee got it right. I think what e0y2e3 said is dead nuts on and that's beyond the credit you're willing or able to give the guy. And I think now that hes gone it's easy to do exactly what you did.

And that drives me nuts. Not about you specifically, about everyone willing and able to do it.

And yeah...I violently disagree that the PSU thing is a PSU issue. I truly believe it would happen at any number of places.

To lesser extents it's already happened at Louisville, Boston College, Colorado and LSU. Not with kids, but with coverups and a whole lot of CYA. That it happened in State College is stunning, I agree.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:34 pm

Brett still thinks Braxton was past the LOS.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:36 pm

jb wrote:But this has been my fav thread since When White Trash Bench Presses, so its all good.

Now Imma go laugh at myself
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:37 pm

Ahh yes, a TCF liberry classic.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself