Text Size

College Sports Arena

The 2011-12 MAC basketball thread

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

The 2011-12 MAC basketball thread

Unread postby Spin » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:26 am

Who needs the NBA and more sub-25% basketball?

We have the Vikings. We have the Zips. We have the Flashes. All should win 20+ this year.

First the Zips knock off Mississippi State and ranked #1 in the country RPI for a time (currently sitting at #2.

Then the Vikes took down #7 Vanderbilt on the road.

And the Golden Flushes are predicted to win the MAC by several media.

And the best part, they all go head to head to head this year. CSU travels to Kent on the 22nd, Akron travels to CSU on December 10 (a game several on the Zips forum are planning on attending after "freshening up" at a nearby establishment). Kent "travels" to Akron Jan. 21 (game on STO), and hosts Akron on March 2 or 3 (game on ESPN).

Screw the NBA season. The Cavs need another two lottery picks to be relevant anyway. Everyone I read says these three teams may be the best in their school's histories, and are already making noise. Even if the media doesn't care.
Last edited by Spin on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: Who needsw the NBA?

Unread postby swerb » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:34 am

Vikings, Zips, Flashes ... all got nice teams this year. All could win 25+ games and get at-large consideration for the Dance.

Massive win for the Vikings Sunday.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Who needs the NBA?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:57 am

Yeah, inferior basketball from teams with chances for at large bids to the crap-fest that is the NCAA tourney is certainly a great replacement for the best sport in the country (and a sport that is as full as stars as ever in its history right now).
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:17 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Yeah, inferior basketball from teams with chances for at large bids to the crap-fest that is the NCAA tourney is certainly a great replacement for the best sport in the country (and a sport that is as full as stars as ever in its history right now).

The NBA product is very good but 1.) they're assholes; 2.) the Cavs don't have a prayer for the next 3-4 years either way; and 3.) some of us just don't care that much without a dog in the fight. I appreciate the ability of NBA superstars as much as anyone but there are only so many Celtics-Bulls games I can watch without giving a shit who wins. I can't imagine Minnesota Timberwolves and Charlotte Bobcats fans are too upset over the lockout either. Of course I'll watch the Cavs when they come back but I'm not sweating it too much right now.

I don't think anyone is here to compare MAC and Horizon ball to the NBA, but the quality of play is still solid, the tickets are cheap, and it gives us a local rooting interest that has a chance to do something. It's fun. Not to mention those of us who also follow OSU, Xavier, Cincy, Pitt, Michigan, etc. who have Sweet 16 aspirations and beyond.
Last edited by Kingpin74 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Favorite Player: Mario Lemieux
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:17 am

I'm with Lee. Give me the NBA. Just tell me where I can tune in to watch that. :hide:

We gonna go down this road again?

Which of your children is your favorite?

Kill me.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:21 am

UConn - Butler was certainly a much better way to end the season the Miami - Dallas.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Spin » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:22 am

meh

I'll take college basketball any day over the showboating and wanna-be thuggery. Just not my style.
Spin

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:24 am

Oh and Minny fans are actually pretty jacked up to see D-Will II and Rubio combined with Love.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:26 am

"Wanna be thuggery"

and insert racial undertones....!
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby swerb » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:31 am

I get to 3-4 CSU games a year.

If sitting 8 rows behind Gary Waters for $15, watching his kids slap the floor on defense, and just kill themselves for Waters (who they clearly fear, respect, and love) doesn't do it for you - you're not a basketball fan.

I leave CSU games and I feel guilty watching the NBA for a week. Especially when I see a player so stoned he checks into the games with his warmup pants still on.

CSU is roughly the 50th best team in America. It's not Lakers/Celtics, nor is anyone pretending it is. But it's entertaining basketball. And there is no better live sport.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:32 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Oh and Minny fans are actually pretty jacked up to see D-Will II and Rubio combined with Love.

Fine, sub in Milwaukee/Detroit/Toronto/any of the other 12 teams that don't have a shot in hell to compete. Also, I'm guessing a lot of Minny fans realize that the odds of those 3 sticking around after their rookie deals are on par with the odds of opening up a beach next to the Target Center in January.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:35 am

swerb wrote:I get to 3-4 CSU games a year.

If sitting 8 rows behind Gary Waters for $15, watching his kids slap the floor on defense, and just kill themselves for Waters (who they clearly fear, respect, and love) doesn't do it for you - you're not a basketball fan.

I leave CSU games and I feel guilty watching the NBA for a week. Especially when I see a player so stoned he checks into the games with his warmup pants still on.

CSU is roughly the 50th best team in America. It's not Lakers/Celtics, nor is anyone pretending it is. But it's entertaining basketball. And there is no better live sport.

To be fair I'm certainly not the person that brought up the NBA here and I probably wouldn't even be ripping on what a shitty sport second rate college hoops is if the NBA weren't brought up by... ahem.... someone else.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:35 am

Roughly 10% of the price to watch the Cavs get their ass kicked by Utah on a Tuesday night from a comparable seat.
Kingpin74

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:36 am

Kingpin74 wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Oh and Minny fans are actually pretty jacked up to see D-Will II and Rubio combined with Love.

Fine, sub in Milwaukee/Detroit/Toronto/any of the other 12 teams that don't have a shot in hell to compete. Also, I'm guessing a lot of Minny fans realize that the odds of those 3 sticking around after their rookie deals are on par with the odds of opening up a beach next to the Target Center in January.

Yes, NBA players will always leave their home markets because it is God's Will hence people that love the sport in small markets have no reason to watch. I mean why would they want to watch young teams grows up together?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:39 am

Kingpin74 wrote:

Roughly 10% of the price to watch the Cavs get their ass kicked by Utah on a Tuesday night from a comparable seat.

Which is roughly the price it should cost to watch a bunch of insurance salesmen and future third level Euro Leaguers play hoops.

Oh wait, that one guy is in the D-League though.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:40 am

Hey! It's even cheaper to go to your local high school game and more relevant!
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Spin » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:40 am

e0y2e3 wrote:"Wanna be thuggery"

If you don't know the difference between culture and race, go ahead.
Spin

Unread postby swerb » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:42 am

The irony in all of this is that the NBA is in a lockout due to the fact no one goes to the games.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:42 am

So where is this "wanna be thuggery" you speak of Spin?

Because as someone who watches hundreds of NBA games a year pretty much the only "wanna be thuggery" you see watching a game is the fact that their are black people on the court.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:42 am

As God as my witness, I will never understand how this some Either/Or fucking choice or decision every time it's brought up.

But I'm glad we're revisiting it and making it that again.

It's probably just that I'm better and smarter than all of you that I love watching all of it and will watch whatever is on.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's because of that.

Or maybe because I'm stupid. Could be that as well.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:44 am

swerb wrote:The irony in all of this is that the NBA is in a lockout due to the fact no one goes to the games.

NBA revenues grew 5% last year in a shit economy. Projected growth (BY THE OWNERS) is just below 5% a year for the next ten years and that is before factoring in new TV deals.

They are in a lockout because a bunch of dipshit owners bought teams with terrible debt situations and bad leases.

Well that and the owners are a bunch of cocks.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:45 am

e0y2e3 wrote:
Kingpin74 wrote:

Which is roughly the price it should cost to watch a bunch of insurance salesmen and future third level Euro Leaguers play hoops.

Oh wait, that one guy is in the D-League though.

If you give me a good seat at Madison Square Garden on a Saturday night, I'll gladly pay the $200 or whatever it is. That's an unbelievable atmosphere with some of the best athletes in the world. I was just talking about our crappy overpriced local product and how much of a bargain a decent college game is in comparison. Again, it just has to entertain you for a couple hours. Good seats at a CSU game barely cost more than a movie.
Kingpin74

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:45 am

peeker643 wrote:As God as my witness, I will never understand how this some Either/Or fucking choice or decision every time it's brought up.

But I'm glad we're revisiting it and making it that again.

It's probably just that I'm better and smarter than all of you that I love watching all of it and will watch whatever is on.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's because of that.

Or maybe because I'm stupid. Could be that as well.

It's the lack of hair that gives you your profound side.....
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Spin » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:47 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Hey! It's even cheaper to go to your local high school game and more relevant!

College is better basketball than high school. Both are more "pure" basketball than the NBA Showtime.

Superstars getting the calls and never traveling. Three, maybe four teams in the country with a realistic chance of titling. Everyone gravitating to those teams. And a season cancelled. :clap:
Spin

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:47 am

Kingpin74 wrote:If you give me a good seat at Madison Square Garden on a Saturday night, I'll gladly pay the $200 or whatever it is. That's an unbelievable atmosphere with some of the best athletes in the world. I was just talking about our crappy overpriced local product and how much of a bargain a decent college game is in comparison. Again, it just has to entertain you for a couple hours. Good seats at a CSU game barely cost more than a movie.

Hey, say whatever you want, I'm just stating that the NBA fan base has grown for five straight years and is the youngest fan base of all the major sports.

I mean the Jacksonville Jags are an overpriced shit product that no one goes to see, I don't see you dicks starting threads in college boards whining about them.

This is still about LBJ. Always will be.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Spin » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:00 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
Kingpin74 wrote:If you give me a good seat at Madison Square Garden on a Saturday night, I'll gladly pay the $200 or whatever it is. That's an unbelievable atmosphere with some of the best athletes in the world. I was just talking about our crappy overpriced local product and how much of a bargain a decent college game is in comparison. Again, it just has to entertain you for a couple hours. Good seats at a CSU game barely cost more than a movie.

Hey, say whatever you want, I'm just stating that the NBA fan base has grown for five straight years and is the youngest fan base of all the major sports.

I mean the Jacksonville Jags are an overpriced shit product that no one goes to see, I don't see you dicks starting threads in college boards whining about them.

This is still about LBJ. Always will be.

Nothing to do with Le BJ.

I don't spend good money on bad teams, at any level. Hell I don't go watch bad teams when I get in free. Not worth my time.

So Bostonian, how many Patriots games did you pay to watch when they were sub .500?
Spin

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:02 pm

Wait, I don't understand.

Inferior players at CSU beating shitty basketball teams is worth spending money on but watching elite players that are inferior to even more elite players isn't worth it?

Logical.

So Ohioan, how much money does your state spend on possibly the worst franchise out of all of the major sports (The Browns) weekly?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:18 pm

I like basketball. I miss the NBA. I'm pissed that I have yet to see Kyrie Irving on the court in a Cavs uni. I'm pissed that Baron Davis's beard is not playing an important role in my life. I'm excited for OSU. I'm thinking it would be a fun time to go to a CSU game.

All of that out of the way...I was stunned, STUNNED, that I got here and e0y had taken a giant shit on this thread within the first 5 posts.

And I don't blame him. This thread was pretty much created to stare him in the eyes while saying "come at me bro."
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:38 pm

motherscratcher wrote:All of that out of the way...I was stunned, STUNNED, that I got here and e0y had taken a giant shit on this thread within the first 5 posts.

And I don't blame him. This thread was pretty much created to stare him in the eyes while saying "come at me bro."

I got that impression as well..... then I got comfortable and got a cup of coffee and got ready for exactly what happened... ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:40 pm

I'M NOT THAT PREDICTABLE DAMNIT!!!
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:42 pm

Spin wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Hey! It's even cheaper to go to your local high school game and more relevant!

College is better basketball than high school. Both are more "pure" basketball than the NBA Showtime.

Superstars getting the calls and never traveling. Three, maybe four teams in the country with a realistic chance of titling. Everyone gravitating to those teams. And a season cancelled. :clap:

I call bullshit on the "pure basketball" arguement. That's meaningless bullshit. If by "pure" you mean worse...have at it. When does the WNBA start?
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:43 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:NBA revenues grew 5% last year in a shit economy. Projected growth (BY THE OWNERS) is just below 5% a year for the next ten years and that is before factoring in new TV deals.

They are in a lockout because a bunch of dipshit owners bought teams with terrible debt situations and bad leases.

True, but that's not considering how much of that growth is being seen by the Busses and Dolans of the Association and how much (if any) is being seen by the Kohls and Jordans. The large markets would rather screw the players than engage in any meaningful revenue sharing. Throw in the small markets facing a buyer's market, and the guys who do want in coming up with such amazing ideas as basketball in San Jose, and, well, you get this.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:49 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:NBA revenues grew 5% last year in a shit economy. Projected growth (BY THE OWNERS) is just below 5% a year for the next ten years and that is before factoring in new TV deals.

True, but that's not considering how much of that growth is being seen by the Busses and Dolans of the Association and how much (if any) is being seen by the Kohls and Jordans. The large markets would rather screw the players than engage in any meaningful revenue sharing. Throw in the small markets facing a buyer's market, and the guys who do want in coming up with such amazing ideas as basketball in San Jose, and, well, you get this.

I've been saying since... well... forever that the NBA's revnue sharing is the worst of all of the major sports BY FAR and that it was one of the biggest obstacles we'd be facing in this whole ordeal.

My only point is, the league has not had any revenue crisis. Revenues have been on or ahead of target for years. The league has an expense crisis and the biggest problems there are non salary related expenses as well and despite this the players are still offering to eat the costs.

Still amazes me the NBA wraps debt and interest into it's cash flows demands re: the lockout and doesn't include franchise value (i.e. the Sixers lost 1.2MM last year allegedly and also were sold last year for a $150MM profit).

One day we'll see this alleged revenue sharing plan the league has been working on. Maybe. Okay probably not.

Best part of the players taking this to court is that in discovery (if we make it there, not likely) the NBA would have to really open it's books. Same thing the NFL owners were afraid of the NBA owners are now staring at.

Also, OKC was one of the most profitable teams in the league last year. If you build a quality product you make money in the NBA. Always has been that way and always will. If you spend a hundred million bucks on Gilbert Arenas corpse you don't. Tis what tis.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:52 pm

That Cleveland State victory over Vanderbilt was so exciting for sports fans that the thread on it got all of three responses on here.

It's a disaster if the NBA doesn't play this season. That's a billion-dollar industry that will simply stop producing. You can be mad at the players all you want for not bending over even more to accept the owners' ridiculous proposals, you can be mad at them for having tattoos and cornrows, you can hate the owners for stupidly overpaying players for years and now whining about it -- whatever.

Ultimately, having no NBA hurts people. Lots of people beyond those on the court depend on it for a living. They are all getting screwed.
GodHatesClevelandSport

Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:08 pm

Yep, most recent figure I saw was a projected $800MM loss at least for OKC alone. Not the franchise, the local economy.

BTW: http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/10/31/ ... avid-stern is the single best piece of this entire lockout.

Pay special attention to Philly grossing ~$120MM last year, paying salaries of ~$60MM last year AND STILL LOSING MONEY.

Debt.

Interest expense.

Etc.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby HoodooMan » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:26 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:"Wanna be thuggery"

You know that most of the players in NCAAB are black too, right?

Maybe he hates Euros or something.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:29 pm

It's gotta be rich black people = thuggery.

Only connection I can make.

And I have no idea if purple or white people play for waste of space schools like CSU, Akron and Kent.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby HoodooMan » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:30 pm

Also, energetic college atmosphere > shoe squeak, shoe squeak, whistle, bitch, hiphop, shoe squeak, shoe squeak, whistle, bitch...
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:32 pm

By energetic college atmosphere you do mean, brick, brick, corner three (FROM 15 FEET AWAY!!!), brick, bad rebounding, brick, corner three, right?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby HoodooMan » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:33 pm

No, I do not.

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:34 pm

I think the people who will turn to college basketball in lieu of the NBA already liked college basketball. If you went to Kent or CSU or Akron games before the NBA lockout, you will still go, and maybe go to a couple more. I would like to go to Friday night's CSU home opener, but not because there are no NBA games.

With no NBA, people will just go do more of other things they already did. Mostly they'll just watch something else on TV.
GodHatesClevelandSport

Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:38 pm

With no NBA I watched the Aircraft Carrier game to check in and see if Harrison Barnes can dribble yet.

He still can't.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:48 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:With no NBA I watched the Aircraft Carrier game to check in and see if Harrison Barnes can dribble yet.

He still can't.

Thank Christ college kids like that won't have to be watched at the next level.

Or that their ball handling skills and shot improve appreciably with NBA coaching. Like Eric Snow's did. :hide:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:49 pm

Okay asshole, I was framing it more as a potential pick for the Cavs.

He'll be an okay pro, but that elite edge isn't there.

OKAY ASSHOLE?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:57 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Okay asshole, I was framing it more as a potential pick for the Cavs.

He'll be an okay pro, but that elite edge isn't there.

OKAY ASSHOLE?

Oh... see, only you had any idea that that's what you were doing. No one expects you to be benevolent and educate us. It takes people completely by surprise.

Especially given the great sacrifice one must have had to make to watch an NCAA game on behalf of a city he hates.

See what I did there? :hide:

:nanner:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby danwismar » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:58 pm

angry young man forum
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:22 pm

I'm going to try to follow the Flashes more closely this season.

Shit ain't a replacement for the NBA (which I've grown to enjoy it's post-season as one of the best in all of sports), but it's good to be able to watch a sports team that won't make me stab my eyes out while watching.

If Indeed there was/is an NBA season I'd be psyched to see Kyrie play and see what we've got in him. Last season was kinda futile, as there was really nothing to look forward to as a fan. This season? I'm excited. Plus, a fucking okc-chicago finals just would be amazing. Really hope that happens in the near future.

All that said, Go Flashes and Fuck Akron.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:23 pm

danwismar wrote:angry young man forum

Holy Shit. That was funny.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Spin » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:38 pm

At the beginning of every season, fans of local college basketball have a thread where we talk about the three local teams, how they have improved or not improved, and predictions about how the conferences will go.

This is an exciting year for all three teams. If you really get into them, if they are your alma mater, this is an exciting time. Not only because of how the teams rank within their conferences, but also the rivalries between the three schools (good fun). And the fact that they have all stepped up their game at the same time.

For people who get into that, are they really going to miss the NBA this year? Would they be paying a lot of attention (and boatloads of money) on a 19-63 NBA team with all this in our backyard? THAT'S WHAT THE TITLE IS ABOUT. THAT'S WHY IT IS IN THE COLLEGE SPORTS ARENA. If I wanted to take a shit on the NBA, I would post it in the NBA section.

But that's not what the first post about, is it? No, it's our fuckin annual Vikes/Zips/Flashes thread. That usually runs all season, especially aroud head-to-head time, reaching it's peak at conference tourney time. THAT'S what this thread was suppose to be. The same thing we do every mother fucking year.

But because of the title, likes-to-fight-guys get their panties in a bunch and turns it into another pissing match. :spar:

Then the ass hole from a city that wins all the fuckin time, uses it as a chance to trash fans for not paying three figures to watch pure crap. Like he's ever had to make that fuckin decision. :fu:

Last week someone commented that the forum was losing people.

Gee, I fuckin wonder. Image
Spin

Unread postby Spin » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:49 pm

Triple-S wrote:I'm going to try to follow the Flashes more closely this season. Go Flashes and Fuck Akron.

Zeke's still here, along with Cvet. Quincy Diggs is better than ever. And transfer Chauncey Gilliam looks to be the shaprshooter Akron hasn't had in years.

All in all, this should be the start of the best college basketball NEOhio has seen. It has the potential to be better than the Huggins-Mackey era, and last a whole lot longer.

But hey, who wants to talk college basketball here?
Spin

Next

Return to College Sports Arena