Text Size

College Sports Arena

Sandusky

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:41 pm

hiko wrote:
boilerdaveb wrote:Is there LoIC per se here though? I mean, if your prez is fired, your AD is in jail (soon enough on a perjury charge that actually has huge, effing teeth) and your football coach/King-by-Proxy is fired, doesn't that define LoIC?

The people controlling your school and athletic department were out of control. Can this be argued or is the definition completely different in terms of the NCAA?

Agreed. With all of this going on, and knowing how deep it ran, if this program isn't cancelled for two years, and on probation for longer at a minimum, than there is no point in ever worrying about NCAA violations in the future for anything. Because you can't possibly top the horror of this. You have to almost consider cancelling football period. Because, they have proven they can't handle, nor deserve a program.

And the Big Ten better work quickly to find a replacement.

I'm guessing that since the wrongs done in Happy Valley don't fall under the umbrella of "NCAA Violations", they will gladly steer clear.

Yet.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby boilerdaveb » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:45 pm

I'm guessing that since the wrongs done in Happy Valley don't fall under the umbrella of "NCAA Violations", they will gladly steer clear.

I think PSU is in for it, they might not have broken recruiting or educational bylines, but there are way more bylaws than just those pertaining to cash/tatoos/gold charms in the NCAA. See Baylor coverup, as they nearly received the "death penalty" themselves. Believe me, covering up a sexual predator with ties to your NCAA program who continued to use his ties to the NCAA program for 11 years to assualt more children will be acted on by the NCAA. And IMHO, more seriously than anything SMU received. But they might have to wait for the criminal proceedings to clear.
boilerdaveb

Favorite Player: Melvin Levett
Least Favorite Player: The Big Ticket

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:48 pm

Question about the Board at PSU, do we know if was it a unanimous vote to fire Joe?
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby hiko » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:49 pm

boilerdaveb wrote:I'm guessing that since the wrongs done in Happy Valley don't fall under the umbrella of "NCAA Violations", they will gladly steer clear.

I think PSU is in for it, they might not have broken recruiting or educational bylines, but there are way more bylaws than just those pertaining to cash/tatoos/gold charms in the NCAA. See Baylor coverup, as they nearly received the "death penalty" themselves. Believe me, covering up a sexual predator with ties to your NCAA program who continued to use his ties to the NCAA program for 11 years to assualt more children will be acted on by the NCAA. And IMHO, more seriously than anything SMU received. But they might have to wait for the criminal proceedings to clear.

I agree with you, and I think the NCAA could get involved if they so desired. I'm just guessing they pull a Paterno and try to ignore it. Could be wrong.
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Unread postby hiko » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:51 pm

FUDU wrote:Question about the Board at PSU, do we know if was it a unanimous vote to fire Joe?

I believe it was. Mark "Horse's Ass" May just said so on Espin, which is why I put an asterisk on calling that "fact".
hiko

Unread postby JacksonDysonJackson » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:54 pm

hiko wrote:
FUDU wrote:Question about the Board at PSU, do we know if was it a unanimous vote to fire Joe?

I believe it was. Mark "Horse's Ass" May just said so on Espin, which is why I put an asterisk on calling that "fact".

Yes, it was unanimous. Heard many reports of that last night.
JacksonDysonJackson

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Derek

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:58 pm

pup wrote:
JCoz wrote:So who was the Ass. Coach then? Seems odd that there was no follow up to that question on the record.

I would have to guess it was that Ginger who was too scared to stop a 60 year old from raping a child?

They said former.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:12 pm

hiko wrote:

Exactly why I ask, b/c I think Mark has an interesting point. Not 1 BOD stood up to say NO we can't/shouldn't fire Jo (while I personally can't fault that) it makes you wonder if there is something else they the board knows that makes this even worse. Something they know about Joe himself.

I'm scared to think of what could still possibly come out from all this.

FUDU

Unread postby pup » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:14 pm

JCoz wrote:
pup wrote:
JCoz wrote:So who was the Ass. Coach then? Seems odd that there was no follow up to that question on the record.

I would have to guess it was that Ginger who was too scared to stop a 60 year old from raping a child?

They said former.

Hmmmmmmmmm. They did didn't they?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:16 pm

Good to see FUDU read noles post from this morning and copied it.

Or, at the very least, is throwing comments out there without reading anything.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:26 pm

Yeah really how dare I miss that post on page 5 at 12:33am.

FUDU

Unread postby jclvd_23 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:32 pm

I've seen this thrown around on a couple of boards when talking about the NCAA going after PSU. Any thoughts?

NCAA Bylaw 19.01.2

Title: 19.01.2 - Exemplary Conduct. Individuals employed by or associated with member institutions for the administration, the conduct or the coaching of intercollegiate athletics are, in the final analysis, teachers of young people. Their responsibility is an affirmative one, and they must do more than avoid improper conduct or questionable acts. Their own moral values must be so certain and positive that those younger and more pliable will be influenced by a fine example. Much more is expected of them than of the less critically placed citizen.
jclvd_23

Favorite Player: Jack Tatum
Least Favorite Player: Pittsburgh/UM/UF Fan

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:33 pm

FUDU wrote:Yeah really how dare I miss that post on page 5 at 12:33am.

Twitter...... the new heroin
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:48 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:
FUDU wrote:Yeah really how dare I miss that post on page 5 at 12:33am.

Twitter...... the new heroin

Naw, he's got a crazy long history of just walking into threads, not reading them an spouting off.

It's his entire schtick.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby HoodooMan » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:39 pm

http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2011/11/10/reporter-mark-madden-they-should-cancel-the-rest-of-penn-states-season/

I'm really having a hard time believing this is the same Mark Madden who I recall coming off as such a blowhard douche on Pittsburgh sports radio. ESPN's gotten so bad that he of all people has risen to fill the void of Voice of Reason.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:03 pm

e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby noles1 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:01 pm

JoePa lawyer-ing up. Probably had to as the last portion states...

Paterno hires criminal defense lawyer, source tells NBC News

By Michael Isikoff
NBC News National Investigative Correspondent
Joe Paterno has hired a prominent Washington criminal defense lawyer to represent him in the Penn State sex abuse case, a source close to the case told NBC News.

J. Sedgwick Sollers, who once represented President George H.W. Bush in the Iran-Contra affair, was hired by Paterno on Thursday. The longtime Penn State football coach was fired Wednesday night after disclosures in a grand jury report that one of his assistants informed him in 2002 about an alleged incident of sexual abuse by former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky.

Paterno has not been charged with any crimes in the case. He has been described as a cooperating witness in the case. Two other university officials who Paterno told about the incident were charged this week with failing to report Sandusky's conduct to legal authorities and perjury.

Sollers declined to comment Thursday night. He is the managing partner in the Washington office of King @ Spalding, a major Atlanta-based law firm.

A source close to Paterno said that in addition to the investigations by the Pennsylvania Attorney General's Office, the former coach is concerned about the likelihood of civil lawsuits by Sandusky's alleged victims and their families.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby hiko » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:04 pm

noles1 wrote:JoePa lawyer-ing up. Probably had to as the last portion states...

By Michael Isikoff
Joe Paterno has hired a prominent Washington criminal defense lawyer to represent him in the Penn State sex abuse case, a source close to the case told NBC News.

J. Sedgwick Sollers, who once represented President George H.W. Bush in the Iran-Contra affair, was hired by Paterno on Thursday. The longtime Penn State football coach was fired Wednesday night after disclosures in a grand jury report that one of his assistants informed him in 2002 about an alleged incident of sexual abuse by former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky.

Paterno has not been charged with any crimes in the case. He has been described as a cooperating witness in the case. Two other university officials who Paterno told about the incident were charged this week with failing to report Sandusky's conduct to legal authorities and perjury.

Sollers declined to comment Thursday night. He is the managing partner in the Washington office of King @ Spalding, a major Atlanta-based law firm.

A source close to Paterno said that in addition to the investigations by the Pennsylvania Attorney General's Office, the former coach is concerned about the likelihood of civil lawsuits by Sandusky's alleged victims and their families.

Iran-Contra affair? So Joe Pa hired the only living person older than himself to defend him?
hiko

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:12 pm

If people didn't lie, we wouldn't need lawyers.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:16 pm

hiko wrote:
noles1 wrote:JoePa lawyer-ing up. Probably had to as the last portion states...

By Michael Isikoff

Iran-Contra affair? So Joe Pa hired the only living person older than himself to defend him?

SD:

he's gonna need Johnny Cochran before this one is done.

The feds and the department of education in this , first they'll take millions off PSU for violations and failure to provide a safe environment for students , then Joe dumbass will get tried in federal court for violation of civil rights. If them State dickheads ain't got the balls to stick that pedophile ass rapin child molester enabler under the jail.

Lord help him if the rumors about Sandusky pimpin these kids out to Rich alumni prove true .

They could hang him on Rico and part of a criminal enterprise as his tacit inactions benefited the program with their donations .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:19 pm

Yeah maybe, but why don't we see what the facts of Joe's (and anyone else's) involvement/knowledge are before we do more than fire the guy.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:27 pm

I highly doubt they're going to indict Paterno on RICO charges.....
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:37 pm

FUDU wrote:Yeah maybe, but why don't we see what the facts of Joe's (and anyone else's) involvement/knowledge are before we do more than fire the guy.

SD:

paternos assistant brought this news to Joe and recalled the incident as witnessed by his father.

Grown man in shower , with Child .

No police , were called , kick it up to the AD , who in truth answers to you as the most powerful man in the State next to the Governor , who does what ????

Sandusky is your coach , you know he's a pedophile , your AD does nothing and neither do you .

Did anybody even see to the welfare of the kid let alone smack this big sorry red headed coward upside the head for not stopping the rape but running away from the scene like a little girl , but I digress.

Joe Pa had testimony and proof his associate was a sodomizing child rapist and pedophile , and kept silent while this fiend was allowed to go free and run a program where he had access to even more boys , under the umbrella of the Penn State flag on his watch .

There should be three trials Sandusky Joe Pa and the red headed coward , and then the rest of the scum who covered this shit up for 13 years alongside them .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:47 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
FUDU wrote:Yeah maybe, but why don't we see what the facts of Joe's (and anyone else's) involvement/knowledge are before we do more than fire the guy.

SD:

paternos assistant brought this news to Joe and recalled the incident as witnessed by his father.

Grown man in shower , with Child .

No police , were called , kick it up to the AD , who in truth answers to you as the most powerful man in the State next to the Governor , who does what ????

Sandusky is your coach , you know he's a pedophile , your AD does nothing and neither do you .

Did anybody even see to the welfare of the kid let alone smack this big sorry red headed coward upside the head for not stopping the rape but running away from the scene like a little girl , but I digress.

Joe Pa had testimony and proof his associate was a sodomizing child rapist and pedophile , and kept silent while this fiend was allowed to go free and run a program where he had access to even more boys , under the umbrella of the Penn State flag on his watch .

There should be three trials Sandusky Joe Pa and the red headed coward , and then the rest of the scum who covered this shit up for 13 years alongside them .

SoulDawg

Not arguing much of that, but there are very few facts revealed in this whole disturbing mess. Especially concerning JoPa and exactly what he was told by the only eye witness and what Joe did or didn't do with whatever info he received from McCreary.

I'm not defending Joe what so ever, but I will defend his right to be free and clear of anything that is not certain at this point, and if the police were called by Joe or not we wouldn't know b/c of the nature of the crime and Joe's relation to it.

FUDU

Unread postby HoodooMan » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:54 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:http://joeposnanski.si.com/2011/11/10/the-end-of-paterno/

Pos.

1) Most of that read like someone who's grown to really like Joe Paterno and who's desperately wanting to believe something besides what's staring him in the face.

2) While it's true that there are often many people willing to judge prematurely, it's also true that there are some people (like this writer, it seems) who demand a very strange threshold of evidence outside of criminal law. Yes, people are innocent before proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt...when their freedom is at stake. I don't have the power to put Joe Paterno in jail. Civil liability & financial damages demand guilt that's more likely than not. I don't have the power to make Joe Paterno pay out damages to any victims either. So I'm left a bit confused as to what standard of review Mr. Friend of Paterno would have me apply before being satisfied that I can merely say (<--oooooooh, harsh punishment) that Joe Paterno behaved like a selfish, callous, morally indifferent asshole.*

3) Still, a point of his that shouldn't be lost is that good people can do bad things. Condemning the behavior shouldn't necessarily condemn the entire person.

*-and FTR, I think this is more likely than not.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:01 pm

HoodooMan wrote:Condemning the behavior shouldn't necessarily condemn the entire person.

Sometimes it should.

How many kids' lives could have been saved had someone done the right thing? If the answer is even one, then they all deserve the public character assassination.

And McQueary needs to be let go as well. How can they fire JoePa and not that ginger pussy?
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:06 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:
HoodooMan wrote:Condemning the behavior shouldn't necessarily condemn the entire person.

Sometimes it should.

How many kids' lives could have been saved had someone done the right thing? If the answer is even one, then they all deserve the public character assassination.

And McQueary needs to be let go as well. How can they fire JoePa and not that ginger pussy?

Interesting discussion this could lead to, do the "1000's" of young men's lives that JoPa "supposedly" shaped in remarkable fashion out weigh the handful of "victims" lives that were potentially ruined from his possible inaction's?

You could argue those victims were in much more need of the help of JoPa than the masses of men he did interact with were ever in need of.

FUDU

Unread postby HoodooMan » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:12 pm

I agree that sometimes it should.

I don't think there's anything positive that Jerry Sandusky has ever done that isn't negated completely by what he's guilty of here.

But as horribly as I think Joe Paterno behaved and as horrible as the consequences of his actions are, I don't think I'd go so far as to classify him that way. I'd say it taints everything else he's done; I wouldn't quite say negates.

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:20 pm

FUDU wrote: this could lead to the "1000's" of young men's lives that JoPa "supposedly" shaped in remarkable fashion out weigh the handful of "victims" lives that were potentially ruined from his possible inaction's?

Thousands of men that played for him that he shaped and molded, right?

Like, for example, Mike McQueary?

Yes, well done on the shaping and molding thing. A fucking bastion of integrity, strength and honor shaped EXACTLY in the mold of the master.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:24 pm

HoodooMan wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:http://joeposnanski.si.com/2011/11/10/the-end-of-paterno/

Pos.

1) Most of that read like someone who's grown to really like Joe Paterno and who's desperately wanting to believe something besides what's staring him in the face.

2) While it's true that there are often many people willing to judge prematurely, it's also true that there are some people (like this writer, it seems) who demand a very strange threshold of evidence outside of criminal law. Yes, people are innocent before proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt...when their freedom is at stake. I don't have the power to put Joe Paterno in jail. Civil liability & financial damages demand guilt that's more likely than not. I don't have the power to make Joe Paterno pay out damages to any victims either. So I'm left a bit confused as to what standard of review Mr. Friend of Paterno would have me apply before being satisfied that I can merely say (<--oooooooh, harsh punishment) that Joe Paterno behaved like a selfish, callous, morally indifferent asshole.*

3) Still, a point of his that shouldn't be lost is that good people can do bad things. Condemning the behavior shouldn't necessarily condemn the entire person.

*-and FTR, I think this is more likely than not.

I'm not sure if you read it closely enough if you think Posnanski was basically yelling "innocent before proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt". I think he is saying that things require time and thought, and maybe we should all be in such a damn hurry to assume that what we already know is everything there is to know.

If you read that and think he's letting Joe Pa off the hook because they are buddies, well, I don't know what to say.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby HoodooMan » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:28 pm

motherscratcher wrote:I'm not sure if you read it closely enough if you think Posnanski was basically yelling "innocent before proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt". I think he is saying that things require time and thought, and maybe we should all be in such a damn hurry to assume that what we already know is everything there is to know.

If you read that and think he's letting Joe Pa off the hook because they are buddies, well, I don't know what to say.

-Who said we already know everything there is to know? I think we know enough. I think he doesn't think we know enough because of what he wants to think.

-I don't think I said that.

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:31 pm

I'm left a bit confused as to what standard of review Mr. Friend of Paterno would have me apply before being satisfied that I can merely say (<--oooooooh, harsh punishment) that Joe Paterno behaved like a selfish, callous, morally indifferent asshole.*

?
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby HoodooMan » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:33 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
I'm left a bit confused as to what standard of review Mr. Friend of Paterno would have me apply before being satisfied that I can merely say (<--oooooooh, harsh punishment) that Joe Paterno behaved like a selfish, callous, morally indifferent asshole.*

?

?

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:33 pm

peeker643 wrote:
FUDU wrote: this could lead to the "1000's" of young men's lives that JoPa "supposedly" shaped in remarkable fashion out weigh the handful of "victims" lives that were potentially ruined from his possible inaction's?

Thousands of men that played for him that he shaped and molded, right?

Like, for example, Mike McQueary?

Yes, well done on the shaping and molding thing. A fucking bastion of integrity, strength and honor shaped EXACTLY in the mold of the master.

Really makes you wonder doesn't it.

Interesting take from one of the links above, the times and atmosphere Joe was from, hard to not at least acknowledge it when looking at this.

So hard to put one's head around the thought processes of these people.

FUDU

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:35 pm

Well, whatever the case, Joe Pos is looking at years of wasted time and years more before his Paterno book can actually be completed.

He's probably a bit biased, pissed and hopeful this will all go away about now.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:37 pm

HoodooMan wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:

?

?

?

I can do this all day bitch
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:38 pm

LOL.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:39 pm

He can, HooDoo.

He's fucking goofy and he has time.

;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:41 pm

Time AND beer.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby HoodooMan » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:41 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
HoodooMan wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:

?

?

?

Well, F me then.

Eh, I don't know, "Mr Friend of Paterno" sounded snappier than "Mr Person Who Clearly Really, Really Likes Joe Paterno And Even If He Can't Quite Yet, Due To Their Professional Relationship, Would Probably Like To One Day Call Him His Friend."

Either way, I didn't say (or think) he was letting him off the hook as a result. Just demanding an unreasonable threshold of evidence before he thinks it's OK to judge him.

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby JacksonDysonJackson » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:45 pm

McQeary is not coaching this Saturday, per school officials
JacksonDysonJackson

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Derek

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:45 pm

HoodooMan wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:
HoodooMan wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:

?

?

?

Well, F me then.

Eh, I don't know, "Mr Friend of Paterno" sounded snappier than "Mr Person Who Clearly Really, Really Likes Joe Paterno And Even If He Can't Quite Yet, Due To Their Professional Relationship, Would Probably Like To One Day Call Him His Friend."

Either way, I didn't say (or think) he was letting him off the hook as a result. Just demanding an unreasonable threshold of evidence before he thinks it's OK to judge him.

Maybe he wants an unreasonable threshold of evidence. Maybe he just wants more time. This is kind of unprecedented in the age of twitter when info flows so quickly that there is little time to process and think about any facts or evidence. Maybe that's a problem. Everyone is kind of forced into a position or stance without benefit if time.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:47 pm

Hoodoo you can take him, once 12:30am rolls around mo becomes strangely preoccupied.

Do it.

FUDU

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:49 pm

Meh... time. I'm w/HooDoo on this. I don't read Joe Pos, never have. Not for any reason other than I just never have. But if I see a fire burning up the kitchen I don't really need to take time to see if it's gonna bring down the whole house.

Fire bad.

Essence of everything and understatement of all time?

"I should have done more."- Joe Paterno

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:57 pm

peeker643 wrote:Meh... time. I'm w/HooDoo on this. I don't read Joe Pos, never have. Not for any reason other than I just never have. But if I see a fire burning up the kitchen I don't really need to take time to see if it's gonna bring down the whole house.

Fire bad.

I get that, and I'm inclined to agree. My view is that Joe Pa fucked up and he fucked up big, and I'd be very surprised if anything comes out to make me change that opinion.

But, I do read a lot of Posnanski. I find him to be one of the most thoughtful writers out there. And this article, and these thoughts, are exactly the way I would have expected he might be looking at things.

I dont think his book or his "friendship" with Paterno have much to do with it. I think he'd think and write the same thing if he'd never been to State College. And I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to have a voice of reason cationing against getting ahead of ourselves or drawing conclusions.

No, not that. I think it's perfectly reasonable to draw conclusions with what we have. But, maybe we shouldn't draw ALL of them right yet.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby noles1 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:08 pm

Looks like McQueary is going to be held out, pinning it on threats.

I don't buy it but whatever.

Still looks like they are playing the game. Thought maybe if things played out further today with the "rumors of escalation" it could have went further but doubt it at this point.

As for the Joe Pos article, I respectfully disagree with his point. I think it's really convenient for all these media people to take that position like it's some moral high ground. Fuck that. If it walks like a duck and quacks like one...

I've got countless takes on JoePa and many around the situation at this point but I'm too tired to bother at this point. Will only say that in light of the Trustees late reaction today on the Ginger, I'm beginning to wonder if they are just grasping at straws and takin cues from the national perspective. As Jay Bilas said over 2 days ago, "this isn't complicated what actions must be taken."
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:10 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Meh... time. I'm w/HooDoo on this. I don't read Joe Pos, never have. Not for any reason other than I just never have. But if I see a fire burning up the kitchen I don't really need to take time to see if it's gonna bring down the whole house.

Fire bad.

I get that, and I'm inclined to agree. My view is that Joe Pa fucked up and he fucked up big, and I'd be very surprised if anything comes out to make me change that opinion.

But, I do read a lot of Posnanski. I find him to be one of the most thoughtful writers out there. And this article, and these thoughts, are exactly the way I would have expected he might be looking at things.

I dont think his book or his "friendship" with Paterno have much to do with it. I think he'd think and write the same thing if he'd never been to State College. And I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to have a voice of reason cationing against getting ahead of ourselves or drawing conclusions.

No, not that. I think it's perfectly reasonable to draw conclusions with what we have. But, maybe we shouldn't draw ALL of them right yet.

SD:

Yeah maybe we should wait and find out if Sandusky indeed was pimping these kids out to Rich alum , before we should show our true disgust.

Never Mind the Sodomizing rapist enabler could have stopped this shit 13 years ago ColD Dead on the fuckin spot.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby mattvan1 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:17 pm

Apparently, Sandusky out walking around free. Sports by Brooks crushing it on twitter

Penn Staters, all of you, help me out here ... RT @amrap09: Can u explain to me how that happened?

State College, PA: Where your good standing at Penn State earns you absolutely free release from 40 criminal counts of child rape.

Understandable though, it's not like Sandusky's house is literally 1,000 feet from an elementary school ... WAIT http://bit.ly/uBM4jC

Sandusky's bail for 40 counts of child rape was already a laughably low $100,000. Of which he paid authorities in State College exactly zero
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:19 pm

noles1 wrote:Looks like McQueary is going to be held out, pinning it on threats.

I don't buy it but whatever.

Still looks like they are playing the game. Thought maybe if things played out further today with the "rumors of escalation" it could have went further but doubt it at this point.

As for the Joe Pos article, I respectfully disagree with his point. I think it's really convenient for all these media people to take that position like it's some moral high ground. Fuck that. If it walks like a duck and quacks like one...

I've got countless takes on JoePa and many around the situation at this point but I'm too tired to bother at this point. Will only say that in light of the Trustees late reaction today on the Ginger, I'm beginning to wonder if they are just grasping at straws and takin cues from the national perspective. As Jay Bilas said over 2 days ago, "this isn't complicated what actions must be taken."

Are all the media people taking that position the last few days? Seems to me there has been a lot of outrage. Deserved, lest I get labeled someone in favor of child sodomy.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby noles1 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:48 pm

Suppose I should clarify.

My major gripe is the JoePa legacy shit with the media.

Really? Who honestly should give a fuck right now? Why is it even worth discussing?

You know what is worth discussing... Things like what Wetzel covered in his Podcast or Francesca hit on his show. Where are the questions and answers that a state employee and public institution should HAVE to answer to? Why is everyone in the media neglecting the incidents in the 90's in relation to JoePa? You are meaning to tell me in his late 60's and early 70's when all the storylines said how connected he was that he had no knowledge of any shady shit? Why the early retirement for Sandusky? Anything out of Happy Valley on that? Nah, they just let that shit float off into the sunset. All the sudden in early 2000's (AFTER he retired) Sandusky started creeping/raping boys? BULLSHIT. When are we going to get some people to really get deep on this shit. Dig up every ounce of this scumbag and those enablers around him.

This whole thing stinks to high hell and I just get more and more angry thinking about this situation. I have a bad feeling the roof is going to get blown off this and this whole secret shit floating out there only make it even more frightening.
noles1

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports Arena