Text Size

College Sports Arena

Sandusky

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Re: Sandusky

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:33 pm

I genuinely don't understand why you are so obsessed with a small fraction of the fan-base being morons.... but to each his own.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby jb » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:53 am

e0y2e3 wrote:I genuinely don't understand why you are so obsessed with a small fraction of the fan-base being morons.... but to each his own.

I think we are in disagrrement about whether this segment represents a small fraction. Of course this opinion is the result of a carefully selected random scientific sampling..... So there's that subjective issue, and justice.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:25 am

Or there is, "ask Peeker who was just there"
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby jb » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:39 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Or there is, "ask Peeker who was just there"

I'm all for another extremely sceintific and objective survey just like mine. Maybe we could get a dissertation out of these. ;-)

I know Peeker likes to position himself as the unbiased version of Truth on all sorts of issues but he's just as biased as any of us.

Besides, how else are some jerkwater assistant DA's with political aspirations supposed to get ahead?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:31 pm

jb wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
danwismar wrote:Not sure how anyone's politics plays out here...his or ours

I was blending this thread (where your takes are bad) with the Election GameDay Thread (where we made him laugh).

;-) ;) :wink:

What passes for "discussion" is just brutally stupid in some internet regions. I suppose it is intended to be for ball-breakin's sake. If that's what moves some, great. Live and let live. I just like to drive by and remind you I'm right and you're wrong. ;-)

Poor jb ......you hate it when someone tells you to shove your sanctimony up your aSS, eh, choir boi?

Yir hate runneth over

BTW...."tact is for those not witty enough to use sarcasm"

But u knew that

...and BTW sq

who last made a relevant sports related post in the 20th Century

I had the Giants @ 8-1 for $400

Dumas'
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Unread postby danwismar » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:00 pm

Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:
Poor jb ......you hate it when someone tells you to shove your sanctimony up your aSS, eh, choir boi?

Yir hate runneth over

BTW...."tact is for those not witty enough to use sarcasm"

But u knew that

...and BTW sq

who last made a relevant sports related post in the 20th Century

I had the Giants @ 8-1 for $400

Dumas'

Whose "hate runneth over" again?

I've read this whole thread, and somehow jb's "hate" and "sanctimony" have escaped my notice. Whatever he may have said, it did not merit the response from fmb. The point is, we can differ in our opinions without the personal attacks.

Permit me to put on my College Sports board moderator hat for like the first time ever here. First a quick reminder that Rule #1 here is "Don't be an asshole".

Is it any wonder that this board has devolved into a circle jerk with 6-10 guys posting, and where new or infrequent posters are as likely to be ridiculed as they are to be welcomed and encouraged? Do you think there might be a connection between low board activity and posters being derided as "morons" and "fuckwads" when they post their uncontroversial and innocuous thoughts on college sports? (I do)

This isn't all about the most recent personal swipe at jb by FMB...(although if it were the first, you wouldn't be reading anything from me). It's about the all too frequent tone of posters that is personal and nasty and has not a damn thing to do with college sports. Whatever personal axe FMB has to grind with jb is not something that he, or the rest of us should be subjected to in this forum. Save it for someone who cares...which is no one here.

Let's talk college sports, and leave our axes at the door.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:46 am

Paterno family released their report of the report today. It's downloadable if you want it.

tl;dr

Ill wait for someone to tell me what it says, although I suspect I know. My guess is the Paterno's investigation concluded that JoePa was a miserable POS that covered for a suspected pederast and they are saddened by and ashamed of his tarnished legacy.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby danwismar » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:50 pm

Moscratch.....I think Dan Wetzel's column today is just what you were waiting for:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--pat ... 21077.html
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:10 pm

danwismar wrote:Moscratch.....I think Dan Wetzel's column today is just what you were waiting for:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--pat ... 21077.html

Yup, I think I checked Yahoo 20 times yesterday to see when Wetzel would have his column up.

I was floored when it turned out that the Paterno Family Report concluded that JoePa did nothing wrong. Didn't see that coming.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby furls » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:26 pm

The Paterno Family report was a complete joke (based on Wetzel's summary). I am not going to read the entire 200+ document, but I am not even remotely surprised by their findings.

Our only hope is that Curley and Co. tell the truth during their trials.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby noles1 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:55 am

Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Previous

Return to College Sports Arena