Text Size

College Sports Arena

Cleveland Fans Are Front Runners Outside Of The Browns

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Cleveland Fans Are Front Runners Outside Of The Browns

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:21 pm

or this site is dead.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Cleveland Fans Are Front Runners Outside Of The Browns

Unread postby furls » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:32 pm

I still come here, this forum specifically, pretty much every day to see if anyone is writing anything interesting. Unfortunately, I feel like I make up about 33% of the posts over here, so it often feels like I am talking to myself. Believe me, I still watch every tOSU game (football and hoops). I still don scarlet and grey every day (not just game days).

I quit watching baseball altogether about 3 years ago or so (after years of declining interest).

I try to watch the NBA, but I just don't like the regular season that much. Post season is pretty exciting.

I quit watching the Browns with any regularity in 1995.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:40 pm

I work on Saturday, so when it's a noon start I record it and watch when I get home. I literaller just finished watching and came here to read through the ame thread.

This is what I got. WTF?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:26 pm

Went to go see a friend play in a D-III ball game. Hence the absence today, that and the Bucks are my 2nd team and I'm usually focusing on my terrible no. 1 from w. lafayette.

count me in the same boat with the nba, I'll follow how Kyrie is doing, but last year was kinda pointless. this year? lets see how these guys do. Also, NBA playoffs are indeed good.

baseball I unfortunately have struggled to get into it anymore, due the economic scale of it. It feels like there's absolutely little chance the Indians have to retain their players about 80% of the time, so it feels like watching minor league ball at time.

Browns? Kinda the easiest to plan around. Just take out 4 hours of a day on sunday and watch it with my dad with the radio on.

I think twitter has kinda pushed out the point of bulletin boards sadly enough. :(. Not really Swerb's fault. There's other reasons to.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:24 pm

Boards are dying. What are ya gonna do.

I'm comfortable (I should probably say extremely uncomfortable) with my level of fanhood. If I'm not working I'm watching. But saying the same shit over and over on these boards or anywhere else grows tiresome.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby municipalmutt » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:38 pm

I have been following the Browns since the early sixties, could care less about the NBA, and since Dolan made the Indians the Yankees farm team again, I'm not interested. I have no loyalty to tOSU, since I don't live in Ohio and didn't go to school there. I used to post more but I'm finding it hard to care about the Browns after thirteen years of rudderless suck.
The only reason I'm here, is the sheer number of water headed assholes at the "other" place. Here there is only one giant douche bag to contend with.
municipalmutt

Unread postby Spin » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:48 pm

I'm starting to get that way with the Browns too. Disenchanted. Sick and tired of losing.

I don't think forums are losing people, at least not the other ones I am on a lot. I haven't noticed that at all. I noticed there are names I use to see a lot on here that I don't see anymore.

Maybe people are just sick of losing and have moved on to other forms of entertainment. It's not like we're setting any attendance records.
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:10 pm

10 years ago I'd bet there was a lot more NEO people prancing around in corn yellow and blue than there is now.

People love a title winner....
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Return to College Sports Arena