Text Size

College Sports Arena

Rod Smith Moved to LB?

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Rod Smith Moved to LB?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:12 pm

Is this confirmed anywhere?

Hrm move.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Rod Smith Moved to LB?

Unread postby danwismar » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:27 am

I've heard nothing of this, and just checked my Twitter list of every OSU writer that I know has an account, and see nothing over the last couple days (I've been out of town since Friday am) Nothing on it at Scout message board. What's your source?
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/uXRD51
danwismar

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:37 am

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=145&f=3154&t=8091941

I hate sourcing (christ I rarely read) that board, that's why I floated it here in the form of a question.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby danwismar » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:38 am

Thanks, e0. I never read the free board there...that's why I missed it. There's nothing on it on the "insiders" ($$$) forum. No confirmation (or even speculation) by any of the beat guys, that I've come across.

If he can help at linebacker though, I'm all for it. He's obviously buried on the depth chart at RB now that Herron's back.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/uXRD51
danwismar

Unread postby jclvd_23 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:52 pm

There's also mention of it on the buckeyeplanet.com board. Some kids that go to school with him are saying it's true, but that it's only for the rest of this season. No idea if they're legit or not.
jclvd_23

Favorite Player: Jack Tatum
Least Favorite Player: Pittsburgh/UM/UF Fan

Unread postby jclvd_23 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:57 pm

Just saw an article on Jaylon Smith (Rod's younger brother) on the scout premium site that says he's been giving his brother Rod some advice on being a linebacker. Jaylon is a top LB prospect for 2013.

It appears that the rumors are true.

Here's the scout link, although it is premium.

http://ohiostate.scout.com/2/1118299.html
jclvd_23

Favorite Player: Jack Tatum
Least Favorite Player: Pittsburgh/UM/UF Fan

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:59 pm

Shit... the Scout boards are even to homerish for me.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby furls » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:49 pm

Yeah, I have seen the rumors and they have basically been oonfirmed by Steve Helwagen at Bucknuts. I am pretty disappointed because I think he has a pretty high ceiling as an RB. I think Warren Ball will be a gamer, but I am not sure that he is going to be a game changer. I am worried about Brionte Dunn in general, some pretty harsh rumors out there about him as a teammate.

Carlos Hyde looks like a nice player, but again not elite. I really think we have a hole developing at RB. Green in 2013 VA RB who has OSU as his big leader looks amazing, ran 4.35 at PSU camp this summer (fastest time for any player at any position in the camp) at 225lbs. He ran in the 4.4s at tOSU's advanced camp this year.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Return to College Sports Arena