Text Size

College Sports Arena

Buckeyes vs. 'Canes: 9/17/2011

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Re: Buckeyes vs. 'Canes: 9/17/2011

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:52 pm

Someone suggested Mike Leach, and that makes me throw up in my mouth a bit.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:54 pm

::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh:: ::doh::
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby mitch » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:55 pm

C'mon...Weinke Part Deux IS averaging one completion per half.
mitch

Favorite Player: Joe Thomas
Least Favorite Player: Ben Toothlessburger

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:56 pm

Any question who that worst OSU starting QB to enter a season in the last 20 years is now?
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:58 pm

After watching this offense today, Mike Leach sounds awesome!
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby mitch » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:01 pm

Urban Meyer's initial asking price just jumped $1 million per year tonight.
mitch

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:02 pm

They should offer Meyer 10M per year, non negotiable.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:04 pm

Storm Klein, 3 big plays tonight. I will eat that crow.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:11 pm

Well, at least it was more interesting than watching Bauserman throw it out of bounds.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby mitch » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:15 pm

furls wrote:Well, at least it was more interesting than watching Bauserman throw it out of bounds.

Yep...a turnover after a 40 yard drive isn't quite as boring as a three-and-out with two passes that have Derek Anderson saying "shit, that's a really inaccurate passer".
mitch

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:17 pm

Time to raise the flag again. Krusty is coming... Krusty is coming...
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:19 pm

OMG, a Tyler Moeller sighting!

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:29 pm

Fickell giving up is an embarrassment. He should be fired before the plane leaves Miami.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:31 pm

I was really rooting for him. He is in way over his head. He could have a couple minutes on the clock and a less gassed defense to keep da U out of the end zone. Gotta give the D a lot of credit today, they have been on the field all game and settled in pretty well. Fickell is a great DC, not a HC.

Time for me to get rid of the Fuck Michigan and replace it with an Urban Meyer picture.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:32 pm

Make no mistake about it guys, this Miami team is not very good. tOSU is in a lot of trouble this year.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:55 pm

Bottom line. You have to roll with Braxton from here on out (Fickell won't). The future depends on his development. He can't get better by not playing.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:03 pm

Fickell will roll with Miller because it is now obvious that you are not going anywhere with Miller. At least now he can hide behind the excuse that it is a freshman QB.

Fick and Bow-Wow are done.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:06 pm

The fumble and INT were bad. But I still think he throws the ball better.
he is a Frosh, which means there will be growing pains. It's how he responds to mistakes.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:38 pm

Someone tell me when Fickell throws Bauserman under the bus to complete my thoughts starting the thread. It probably won't be overt but it wouldn't surprise me (or disappoint me much).
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:22 am

I'll let you know since I'll be driving the bus. I'll probably swerve to hit Fickell is as well.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:57 am

Yup. I woke up today and found out that really fucking happened last night.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:00 pm

The Toledo game opened the box and the Miami game allowed for a long look at the fact the Buckeyes are overmatched with Luke Fickell paralyzed by fear on the sidelines and that his paralysis has infected his team.

Miller looks overwhelmed, Bauserman looks horrible, the LBs were slow and a step behind for much of the night, the DBs were inexplicably giving 6-10 yards of cushion on plays where there was no excuse for playing it that way.

I can't get past the fact all of that is a reflection of the coaching and the game planning.

Watching an Ohio State coach on the sideline with sweat pouring down his face, seemingly incapable of handling the moment or managing his timeouts (much less his QB situation) was horrifying.

I know Fickell was dealt a really shitty hand and there's been no cohesiveness for reasons outside of his control. But it's also an opportunity to be a calming and steadying influence and an audition for the job of a lifetime. Luke Fickell is either not ready for it or incapable of handling it.

And this ain't Indiana or Purdue where that's going to be acceptable.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby furls » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:44 pm

peeker643 wrote:The Toledo game opened the box and the Miami game allowed for a long look at the fact the Buckeyes are overmatched with Luke Fickell paralyzed by fear on the sidelines and that his paralysis has infected his team.

Miller looks overwhelmed, Bauserman looks horrible, the LBs were slow and a step behind for much of the night, the DBs were inexplicably giving 6-10 yards of cushion on plays where there was no excuse for playing it that way.

I can't get past the fact all of that is a reflection of the coaching and the game planning.

Watching an Ohio State coach on the sideline with sweat pouring down his face, seemingly incapable of handling the moment or managing his timeouts (much less his QB situation) was horrifying.

I know Fickell was dealt a really shitty hand and there's been no cohesiveness for reasons outside of his control. But it's also an opportunity to be a calming and steadying influence and an audition for the job of a lifetime. Luke Fickell is either not ready for it or incapable of handling it.

Yeah, I check Monster.com to see if the OSU HC job was posted yet. No it wasn't, but it will be soon!

He was just overmatched yesterday. There is a lot of talent on this team. This is not the situation that DickRod inherited. Did you see the play upfront, it was great. The LBs were better than you thought, except Storm Klein. Granted, he made some plays, but he also takes bad angles and misses tackles. Ryan Shazier is the next Hawk/Katzenmoyer All-American, it is obvious.

Luke has no QB ready yet and that is as much his fault as it is Joe Bauserman's for sucking. He has no coherent plan for implementing a two QB system and lacks the stones to call it and just toss the freshman out there. I could handle mistakes made today for a benefit tomorrow, there is no benefit in Bauserman ever getting another snap. You could (and should) make an argument for more snaps for Guiton or Graham.

The WRs are not great. That is all.

How is Jamaal Berry still not getting carries? All he does is out perform the expected gain on every play. Jordan Hall looked amazing and is the clear #1. Hyde played better yesterday, but still does not run with the power that you would expect from a 240lb back.

I have seen enough of Orhian Johnson. Time for more C. Bryant.

I have seen enough of Jim Bollman. He is a questionable recruiter and a poor coach. OSU's line has underperformed for 5 years (they looked good last night). And OSU has not had a first round pick since Nick Mangold on the OL. I think the last OSU OL to be drafted was Datish in 07. Seriously! As an O coordinator..... yikes.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:59 pm

furls wrote:
peeker643 wrote:The Toledo game opened the box and the Miami game allowed for a long look at the fact the Buckeyes are overmatched with Luke Fickell paralyzed by fear on the sidelines and that his paralysis has infected his team.

Yeah, I check Monster.com to see if the OSU HC job was posted yet. No it wasn't, but it will be soon!

He was just overmatched yesterday. There is a lot of talent on this team. This is not the situation that DickRod inherited. Did you see the play upfront, it was great. The LBs were better than you thought, except Storm Klein.

I was disappointed in Sweat and Klein actually. A couple run blitzes I recall where Sweat came through untouched and either whiffed or was a step slow in pursuit or angle. A couple plays Sweat had Miller in the backfield for a sizable loss and never touched him. To me it seems those LBs are just a tick or two off in terms of the foot speed and athleticism that we're accustomed to seeing.

I thought Hankins, Simon, et al, were effective and disruptive.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:11 pm

Am I crazy or did Hall put on 30lb of muscle this offseason. That dude looked like a monster.

Ran like one too.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby furls » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:12 pm

195lb jordan hall runs harder than 240lb carlos hyde and that is a fact.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby danwismar » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:14 pm

furls wrote:
I have seen enough of Orhian Johnson.

I have seen enough of Jim Bollman.

..... yikes.

This.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Previous

Return to College Sports Arena