Text Size

College Sports Arena

Braxton Miller & Urban Meyer

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Braxton Miller & Urban Meyer

Unread postby swerb » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:39 pm

Alright, I'm done waiting. Let's do this.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Braxton Miller & Urban Meyer

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:43 pm

I don't think they hire coaches after game 2.

Plus who says Urban is a lock to come here? is his ticker up to it?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby swerb » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:46 pm

His health checks out OK ... I'd be shocked if he's not named coach four days after we beat Michigan.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:52 pm

I'd think they would wait until after our bowl game.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:12 am

swerb wrote:His health checks out OK ... I'd be shocked if he's not named coach four days after we beat Michigan.

SD:

You have two premisses which I can't support .

Adding a coach who could leave you in a lurch ala Butch Davis having a nervous breakdown per the Browns .

and or supporting an offensive system which produces Tim Tebow not ready for prime time QBs .

The single most glaring problem in all of tOSU football is Neanderthal offense , add a coach like a Gruden or other who will bring an NFL Pro set and recruit the top QB's thruought the land and watch the program grow to overflowing with Blue Chips knowing they will benefit from the glow , as scouts flock to see the next Peyton Brady or Aikman , everybody else gets a bump.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby gotribe31 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:11 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
swerb wrote:His health checks out OK ... I'd be shocked if he's not named coach four days after we beat Michigan.

SD:

Adding a coach who could leave you in a lurch ala Butch Davis having a nervous breakdown per the Browns .

and or supporting an offensive system which produces Tim Tebow not ready for prime time QBs .

The single most glaring problem in all of tOSU football is Neanderthal offense , add a coach like a Gruden or other who will bring an NFL Pro set and recruit the top QB's thruought the land and watch the program grow to overflowing with Blue Chips knowing they will benefit from the glow , as scouts flock to see the next Peyton Brady or Aikman , everybody else gets a bump.

SoulDawg

Yes, because they've been unable to recruit blue chippers and none of their players are now in the NFL.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:39 pm

gotribe31 wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

SoulDawg

Yes, because they've been unable to recruit blue chippers and none of their players are now in the NFL.

And Urban Meyer's teams at Florida sucked. Mostly because of terrible QB play. Tebow's Gators had no success.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby furls » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:52 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

SoulDawg

Dumb. Urban Meyer made Tim Tebow, who was not a perfect pro, but that is not his job. His job is to win games, and Urban Meyer has done that at all time rate. John Gruden????? What exactly is his track record in NCAAF? Oh that's right he doesn't have one. The two games are different (ask Charlie Weis). Particularly the recruiting aspect.

That said, Urban Meyer is not interested in the OSU job, from a ton of good sources. I think tOSU would have to give him something outrageous, like $8MM+.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby furls » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:57 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I'd think they would wait until after our bowl game.

Nope, they need to get the coach's name out there right after the regular season for recruiting purposes. If they can get a big name, they need to get that advantage out there early while they can still get blue chippers on campus.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:35 pm

As long as we win games, I couldn't possibly give less of a SHIT what they do in the NFL. Such a irrelevant argument.

Yeah Tim Tebow sure wasn't ready for prime time...... with his 2 National Championships, and Heisman.

Great call, fucko.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:48 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:As long as we win games, I couldn't possibly give less of a SHIT what they do in the NFL. Such a irrelevant argument.

Yeah Tim Tebow sure wasn't ready for prime time...... with his 2 National Championships, and Heisman.

Great call, fucko.

SD:

Right numbnutts , the tOSU Alum is Florida , and we're gonna recruit that pool .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:53 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
gotribe31 wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

SoulDawg

And Urban Meyer's teams at Florida sucked. Mostly because of terrible QB play. Tebow's Gators had no success.

Tebow made Pryor look like an All Pro .

Whats wrong with getting a USC offensive minded pro set to go with our allways good defense .

It will attract the best running backs receivers and QB's and enable you to win vs all comers , instead of struggling with Toledo , you whup an SEC team every year for a tuneup , because your one step short of the pros , just like them.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:06 pm

furls wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

SoulDawg

Dumb. Urban Meyer made Tim Tebow, who was not a perfect pro, but that is not his job. His job is to win games, and Urban Meyer has done that at all time rate. John Gruden????? What exactly is his track record in NCAAF? Oh that's right he doesn't have one. The two games are different (ask Charlie Weis). Particularly the recruiting aspect.

That said, Urban Meyer is not interested in the OSU job, from a ton of good sources. I think tOSU would have to give him something outrageous, like $8MM+.

SD:

Gruden is not leaving the booth , I used his facsimile to say a Gruden or someone like him , meaning adding real legit offensive talent ,

With Weis he was handicapped by not being able to accept players who are eligible to play on 99% of other campuses , because of grades academic draconian codes by Notre Dame which will ever Myer them in mediocrity , and we all know even in their most pompous self righteous attire was never a problem for the Bucs .

Going forward the SEC elite will emulate the pros more and more as they get the best athletes on offense
and defense and players become more and more concerned with who provides the best stepping stone to the next level .

That being said , the coach who represents the cloned version of Lou Saban would be ideal, which ain't Urban on again off again Myer.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby furls » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:47 pm

Do you just make this shit up?

First you say Tebow is a chump, when in fact he was one of the great NCAA QBs of all time. (Heisman Trophy and 2 NC).

Then John Gruden is a "real legit offensive talent." Based on what, winning a super bowl with one of the best defenses of the last 25 years and a barely serviceable offense?

Now Charlie Weis is handicapped by Notre Dame's high standards? Weis brought in a ton of talent, with top 5-10 recruiting classes every year.

The SEC will emulate the Pros????? Ok, here is the deal, if you watch college football you see that the game is wildly different than the NFL, different things work better in the NCAA than they do in the NFL, you don't need to run a 22 set or anything like that, as a matter of fact, there really isn't any advantage. College kids make more mistakes, miss more assignments and the best teams take advantage of that. HS kids don't look at teams and say, "they run a Pro Set at OSU I will go there." They say, "OSU is on TV every week, goes to BCS bowls, wins B1G championships and puts guys in the NFL, I will go there."

Ohio State is not hamstrung for talent, the Bucks have plenty of talent on both sides of the ball, they don't need to go to FL to get skill players, there are plenty in OH. They need to actually execute on offense and run a real life game plan.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:53 pm

Furls, no need trying to explain logic to a moron.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:50 am

furls wrote:Do you just make this shit up?

Welcome to a SD thread.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby danwismar » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:53 pm

If the Toledo game serves any useful purpose, it may be that it convinces Fickell that playing Bauserman does nothing to help him achieve his objective of winning as many games as possible this year.

yes, he's a senior and yes, he's 25 years old...but he has exactly two games worth of playing experience now...and it shows.

The down side of playing a true freshman is still there....he may cost you a game or two along the way...but at least he won't be a freshman experience-wise again next year. And it's going to be increasingly difficult to convince anyone that the team's chances aren't just as good to win games with Braxton as they are with JoeB. The team is going to take some lumps...let's take them with The Future at QB for at least half the snaps.
---

Peeks' Wrap was spot on re: the latest suspendees. How in the world could they have thought taking $200 cash was OK...or that nobody would ever ask about it or find out about it...after all the shit hit the fan in December? All of these kids have a way to go before they approach the level of dumb shit I did at their age, and we don't know all the circumstances....but on its face this seems like Dumb with a capital "D".

What I do have a problem with is how many of the Miami kids seem to have gotten away with a 1-gamer for what looks like similar or worse examples of improper benefits.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:26 pm

F>

Do you just make this shit up?

SD:

Nope but it is original unlike the regurgitated public pablum too many are all to happy to slurp up around here.

F>

First you say Tebow is a chump, when in fact he was one of the great NCAA QBs of all time. (Heisman Trophy and 2 NC).

SD:

First i never said that Tebow wasn't shit in the College game so get that straight , I did say he ain't a Pro QB ,
which is why he's struggling behind two lesser QB's now myered at third string behind Lady Quinn no less.

F>

Then John Gruden is a "real legit offensive talent." Based on what, winning a super bowl with one of the best defenses of the last 25 years and a barely serviceable offense?

SD:

Gruden conceptually has demonstrated he knows offense both at Oakland then again in Tampa and studied under Holmgren and was the OC in Philly under Rhodes . is he a genuis ...no is he a guru ...no , did I restrict my projected choice to just him ...no

I said for the points of discussion an offensive minded coach using Gruden per example as a named commodity so peeps could get the drift of my overall direction , not Gruden specifically as some panacea to our problem , Personally , he can't handle QB's he's too fickle too demanding and terrorizes them rather than inspires them which is his achilles heel .

F >

Now Charlie Weis is handicapped by Notre Dame's high standards? Weis brought in a ton of talent, with top 5-10 recruiting classes every year.

SD:

They rate ND class high every year because they're ND , not because its true .

They had no athleticism , or to break it down further for ya with out the buzz words , they had no high quality Black athletes in droves pouring out of the seams like an SEC team , they have no speed no playmakers , no studs , just fine little College students playing ball and happy to be there for their education and play for their per diem .

The Alums don't want the slush fund which powers all other big universities and allows you to attract and keep those ballers , who have as much interest in getting a ND education as some of you Fuckos have in civilly replying to my posts so lets get real Dorothy and skip the fuckin bullshit.

F>

The SEC will emulate the Pros????? Ok, here is the deal, if you watch college football you see that the game is wildly different than the NFL, different things work better in the NCAA than they do in the NFL, you don't need to run a 22 set or anything like that, as a matter of fact, there really isn't any advantage. College kids make more mistakes, miss more assignments and the best teams take advantage of that. HS kids don't look at teams and say, "they run a Pro Set at OSU I will go there." They say, "OSU is on TV every week, goes to BCS bowls, wins B1G championships and puts guys in the NFL, I will go there."

SD:

I'm saying as tOSU why don't we do what we can to enjoy the best of both of those Worlds , not only are we going to play for Championships be on TV every week , but don't you think it wouldn't give tOSU alan additional advantage if they are perceived as the program which gives you the best chance for the next level ?

Yeah I know its not our job to prepare these kids just use them and so what if we ruin them , so long as we win .

What I'm saying is one doesn't have to be exclusive of the other and the benefit would mean we attract the best of the blue chips and become the premiere stop in all of College sports , which I'm not happy to report we are a far cry from now.

With evidence pointing in the direction of super conferences and an inevitable playoff , whats wrong with building in an additional competitive advantage early , or should we just continue thinking the World is flat because thats whats accepted thinking today .

F>

Ohio State is not hamstrung for talent, the Bucks have plenty of talent on both sides of the ball, they don't need to go to FL to get skill players, there are plenty in OH. They need to actually execute on offense and run a real life game plan.

SD:

Right we have no emdless pool of premiere running back talent or a legit wideout whose name would be called before the fifth round in next year draft and haven't settled on a QB stoopidly wasting two tuneup opponents on Joe Joe Bow wow , the 50 year old retread leftover , but all is well.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby pup » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:21 pm

How did Bill Callahan work out at Nebraska?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:56 pm

pup wrote:How did Bill Callahan work out at Nebraska?

SD:

Nebraska's mistake .you need a special presence to politically navigate the cornfields, and that bum never had the respect of his locker room either at College or in the Pros , much less handle that cornhusker pressure.

Ironically Charlie Weis is now the Florida OC , so while you Fuckos fiddle in your self righteous ignorant bliss , , they are sawing wood in the direction I'm speaking .

Modifying that Urban legend into a mix of College and high octane Pro sets could be the future hybrid template I'm referring too.

:pb:

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby furls » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:08 pm

I dub thee, "The Thread Killer." As soon as I see your name as the last post on a thread, I immediately don't want to open it. In the future, I probably won't.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:06 pm

furls wrote:I dub thee, "The Thread Killer." As soon as I see your name as the last post on a thread, I immediately don't want to open it. In the future, I probably won't.

SD:

Typical child's response.

Try and take your ball and go home when you step on my court in my old neighborhood and you get your ass whupped and your ball stolen.

Not my fault you don't have the wherewithal or the guts to handle yourself in a conversation where you have to make points , or defend your position with facts .

Too bad .

We may have both grown from the discourse.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:59 pm

furls wrote:I dub thee, "The Thread Killer." As soon as I see your name as the last post on a thread, I immediately don't want to open it. In the future, I probably won't.

Truth.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:53 pm

You have learned well.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:49 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/ ... ohio_x.htm

found this to be an interesting read.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:02 pm

Good article triple S, I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for posting the link.

Hopefully Meyer still feels that way towards OSU and hopefully he is our next HC.

The guy has been successful everywhere he has coached and I think the recruiting impact would be big.

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:38 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:SD:

Nebraska's mistake .you need a special presence to politically navigate the cornfields, and that bum never had the respect of his locker room either at College or in the Pros , much less handle that cornhusker pressure.

Ironically Charlie Weis is now the Florida OC , so while you Fuckos fiddle in your self righteous ignorant bliss , , they are sawing wood in the direction I'm speaking .

Modifying that Urban legend into a mix of College and high octane Pro sets could be the future hybrid template I'm referring too.

:pb:

SoulDawg

:lmfao:

Do take acid everyday or do you find most of your trips are merely flashbacks?
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Return to College Sports Arena