Text Size

College Sports Arena

Deconstructing Dohrmann

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Deconstructing Dohrmann

Unread postby danwismar » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:06 pm

No editorial comment from me, other than to say I thought it was worthwhile for OSU followers to read...

http://www.alongtheolentangy.com/2011/8 ... -narrative
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Re: Deconstructing Dohrmann

Unread postby furls » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:00 pm

wow, very good article.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby JCoz » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:40 pm

Nice link Dan. Between that, the comparison of charges (also from @Olentangy), and the series of articles from Ramzy at 11 Warriors, you get the full "other side of the coin" when it comes to all the mudslinging that occured this summer.

For anyone outside of Columbus (and anyone inside who didn't take the time to read such articles), these inaccuracies will never be corrected, those allegations will always be thought of as facts.

Every anti-buckeye article and blog post this summer - Thats all true and always will be if you aren't a buckeye fan.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:51 pm

People are just content to hate with no regard for the facts.

Hell, ESPN just had a story on players having their "JT" wristbands taken away, on the front fuckin page. If it's a negative OSU story it gets front page treatment. I don't think they ever bothered to lead of an episode of Sportscenter with the news of the BMV clearing all the car sales in question, since it would make them look like idiots who start rumors like a 15 year old girl.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby JCoz » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:05 pm

Honest question, did they cover the Boise St case at all? I know they did some NC coverage.

I sort of put my money where my mouth was early last year and stopped watching ESPN entirely except for live games, no SC or anything in almost a year. especially with CFB, thier commentary is no longer informative its entertainment. So no reason to watch anymore. I can buzz into the website for scores or highlights, takes up a lot less of my time.

This was way before any of this stuff. I'm sure I'm quite a bit happier for having missed all thier TV coverage of OSU.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:11 pm

I've never heard them do any real reporting on BSU and violations, more just passing blurbs 3/4th of the way through the show. I'm pretty sure they never tried to sue USC or BSU to get e-mails either. The Oregon, LSU, and Auburn stories seem to have fallen off their radar too. Maybe they're just waiting for someone else to do the grunt work. Then they'll parade around with it have their talking heads opine.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:31 pm

JCoz wrote:Nice link Dan. Between that, the comparison of charges (also from @Olentangy), and the series of articles from Ramzy at 11 Warriors, you get the full "other side of the coin" when it comes to all the mudslinging that occured this summer.

For anyone outside of Columbus (and anyone inside who didn't take the time to read such articles), these inaccuracies will never be corrected, those allegations will always be thought of as facts.

Every anti-buckeye article and blog post this summer - Thats all true and always will be if you aren't a buckeye fan.

That was the basis of my point when this all came out. The stain sticks. All it takes the hint (or more) of impropriety, suits in C'Bus conducting investigations and lazy ass media having stories fall into those fat laps.

It's going to be an issue for years while the lights are still on it. But hey, maybe all those educated and inquisitive 5-star prep all-americans and their dutiful parents will dive more deeply into it and see it for what it actually is.

Yes, it happens everywhere. But the media has made C'Bus ground zero. Harder to get graft with so many people watching.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:56 pm

I'm gonna start calling people "stain sticks", so thanks for that.

Everyday I pray to the sweet baby Jesus to let me run into Georgie Dohormann, i'd shove him in a trash can and toss him into a river. He probably got most of his sources from the Short North.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Return to College Sports Arena