Text Size

College Sports Arena

CJ Barnett

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

CJ Barnett

Unread postby Symbolic47 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:41 pm

Ive been looking for some solid information on how the kid is recovering from his injury, but cant seem to find much. Does anyone know how he is coming along. Obviously he looked explosive as hell against the Canes before getting hurt. Id like to see him get his spot back opposite Johnson if he's capable. I just hope this isnt another Anderson Russell situation.
Symbolic47

Favorite Player: Santana
Least Favorite Player: Ubaldo

Re: CJ Barnett

Unread postby danwismar » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:07 pm

I'm hearing he has made a full recovery, and should be good to go when they start practicing in 3 weeks. They held him out of most contact this spring, but that was precautionary. I'd expect OJ and CJ to start at the safeties(with Moeller at Star) and Christian Bryant and Jamie Wood backing them up (Bryant probably the first backup at Star or safety)

It wouldn't surprise me to see Bryant get a look at the boundary corner opposite Howard. It's crowded over there with Dominic Clarke, Dionte Allen, Roby, Grant? etc. competing, ....but something tells me if they listed their best five DB's, Bryant would be on the list. They may end up starting Bryant at safety, and easing Barnett back in slowly.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/uXRD51
danwismar

Unread postby phutatorius » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:48 pm

Barnett was looking terrific last year until he went down. Having him and Moeller healthy will take some pressure off the LBs (and the offense, too) . . .
phutatorius

Unread postby Symbolic47 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:45 pm

He was laying the wood big time in that Canes game. I was really surprised by his emergence. Hopefully that was the real CJ Barnett we were seeing. If so our secondary suddenly looks alot better. I get the felling OJ is going to have a solid season.
Symbolic47

Favorite Player: Santana
Least Favorite Player: Ubaldo

Unread postby bucknutz94 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:01 pm

One thing is certain: unless there are a shit-ton of injuries the secondary will be solid.
bucknutz94

Favorite Player: Billy Wood
Least Favorite Player: Jeff Downs

Unread postby fairvis » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:54 am

bucknutz94 wrote:One thing is certain: unless there are a shit-ton of injuries the secondary will be solid.

Hell, there were a shit-ton of injuries last year, and the secondary was still pretty good. If we don't lose a DB a game (as it seemed at some point last year) it'll be fricking fantastic.
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Unread postby furls » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:40 pm

fairvis wrote:
bucknutz94 wrote:One thing is certain: unless there are a shit-ton of injuries the secondary will be solid.

Hell, there were a shit-ton of injuries last year, and the secondary was still pretty good. If we don't lose a DB a game (as it seemed at some point last year) it'll be fricking fantastic.

Well put! It kind of culminated with Chekwa's wrist injury in the Sugar Bowl. I was just like, "Do we even have another DB on the roster?"
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Return to College Sports Arena