Text Size

College Sports Arena

CARGATE comes to fizzling hault

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

CARGATE comes to fizzling hault

Unread postby furls » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:47 pm

This is why I wait for the whole story to come out:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/f ... &eref=sihp

Now if we could just convince ESPN to give this story the same amount of runtime that the allegations received.

I am interested in the outcome of the investigations of allegations from anonymous felons and current Lucasville inmates regarding the cigarettes that three Buckeyes were seen "bumming" from possible boosters in a sports bar in Ohio, or the 4 cents one player was seen taking from a give a penny jar at the local 7-11. The 4 cents were seen being placed their by a tattoo artist from Wickford, RI!

So we are now back to 5 players that received tats for gold pants and rings and a coach that lied about it.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: CARGATE comes to fizzling hault

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:55 pm

It's a good thing that nobody in the media has been reporting these things like they were proven facts for the last 3 months. Because that might be considered irresponsible.

You know, if anyone did that.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby swerb » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:07 pm

I still can't believe JT was forced to step down over all this petty bull shit.

Like one of those shitty dreams ... but you wake up and its actually happened.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby furls » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:15 pm

Oh yeah, did I mention that 8 of the 9 players accused in the SI article have been completely cleared already and the 9th is expected to be cleared of any wrong doing in the near future. So I ask again, what do we have here?
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby fairvis » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:58 am

furls wrote:Oh yeah, did I mention that 8 of the 9 players accused in the SI article have been completely cleared already and the 9th is expected to be cleared of any wrong doing in the near future. So I ask again, what do we have here?

An overpursuing national press that has absolutely no problem making allegations and there is no recourse or retribution for making those false claims. Libel suits are nearly impossible to win, as they require the proof of intent of the reporter to discredit said individuals. The public believes the first thing they hear, and once it's old news, they aren't around to listen.

Have you seen the UNC letter of inquiry? That's a dirty, dirty program that's not nearly going to get the outrage or press attention that tOSU did over the past few months.
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:22 pm

^ this, 100 times this.

The entities with no real ties or relevance to a situation and absolutely no responsibility to being accountable to any misrepresentations when the dust settles are always the entities that get these wheels in motion.

Reminds me of what I heard yesterday about Judge Dick Ambrose crossing some constitutional line about jurors rights/privacy in the Anthony Sowell trial. Not to get off track but the Plain Dealer is initiating the potential lawsuit against Ambrose IIRC...the PD? WTF do they have to do with any of this, they are not on trial, nor have any relevance to this case, yet they're involved? Reports facts that is your job PD, nothing more nothing less.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Return to College Sports Arena